Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    unconditional roach love
    Has anyone checked out the Dc/Vertigo comic Michael Moorock's Multiverse, written by Moorcock and drawn by a trio of very talented comics artists? Makes for rather good reading, once you're a bit failiar with the Moorcock Multiverse.

As to Eventine's question, I know that the Eternal Champion concept is alluded to in the Corum novels, and I'm fairly certain that none of the earlier Elric books refers to this, so I'm guessing the first instance would be somewhere during the first Corum trilogy, variously released as a compendium under the titles The Coming of Chaos, The Swords Trilogy, The Swords of Corum and just Corum.

Saturn Comes Back Around Evil Agent's Avatar
    WOW.

I was just recently thinking of looking into Moorcock as well, since I haven't seen much in the bookstore. But THIS is way more insane than I expected... I just read this thread, and still barely understand! So are these actually pretty old books? I thought he was a relatively contemporary author. And what's this about "slim" writing? From the number of titles listed it sounds like this series/universe of books takes up 1000's of pages!

This is the most confusing situation I've ever encountered with a Fantasy author. I still can't figure out any idea as to how many books there are!

unconditional roach love
    Heh, well confusion is in the nature of the Multiverse. Moorcock has been writing from the 60s, more or less, and while his individual volumes tend to be quite slim especially by current fantasy standards, the cumulative volume of verbiage is quite huge. I think the others here have posted a good set of starting points: and I'll repeat, Elric ought to be a great place to start!

Here's a good place to check out everything he's written: http://www.multiverse.org/content-1.html There are many re-issues and compendiums, which may be adding to your confusion, but it soon falls into place. I hope you do check out one of his books and enjoy it!
    Last edited by knivesout; June 30th, 2004 at 01:43 AM.