Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Does anyone else watch 'Stargate SG1'?

hey everyone - i may be incredibly sad but i was just wondering whether anyone other than me watched 'Stargate SG1'. Not sure whether it's on the TV in anywhere other than the UK, prob in US cos made there (!)
    so................yeah....................does anyone watch it?
    or should i now sink into being anonymous and use a different name now????

Blog Entries
    I used to watch "Stargate SG-1" religiously, and then my children pointed out how wildly implausible things were becoming. I stopped watching for a while.....but I've heard Daniel Jackson is back, and I was thinking of checking it out again.

I watch it. I've seen just about every episode at least once, but I've missed all of season five becasue here where I live the show got switched around to different channels, and I couldn't find it, so I missed quite a bit.

glad i'm not alone in the world.
    is it just me or does anyone else think Daniel Jackson is truely fine???!

I've watched a few episoders of it. Not bad, IMO, but I think it's a bit repetitive. Sometimes I do wonder why this show has endured when stuff like Dark Angel, Firefly, Space Above and Beyond has been cancelled.

I like the way they've armed the team with P90 submachineguns in the latest series ... truly sexy pieces of kit. http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaver...l/5996/p90.htm

You're not alone

I watch it sometimes but it's just not as good as the movie. I think they're showing season 1 over here. I know, really old.

I try to watch it regularly, but until recently my schedule didn't really allow it. I've always thought it is pretty good show, but to be honest, I'd rather still spend Friday nights watching Farscape.

I love Stargate, in fact, I just bought the first two seasons on DVD last week. Great characters, great sfx (especially for TV), and moral philosophy in a sci-fi setting, brilliant.

Can I be a mongoose dog? nobody's Avatar
    I enjoy it but found it a little predicible sometime, I can't watch it now 'cause it isn't on Australian TV (no SciFi is.)

Originally posted by Ouroboros
    Sometimes I do wonder why this show has endured when stuff like Dark Angel, Firefly, Space Above and Beyond has been cancelled.
    I saw the first couple of episodes of Space Above and Beyond, I wasn't too impressed. I heard it got better but they stop showing it in this part of the world so I'll probably never know for my self.

Dark angle was great eye candy, but I think the plot of Stargate was better.

Firefly was great, and sure seller (with Joss creating it) I really can't understand it being canceled. I think there must have been something more to it than ratings, interal politics or something.

I'm a fan of the show too. I like the watching monday night's 4 shows in a row on scifi channel.

I love stargate!!!

I think it' a great show, principly because it doesn't take it'self too seriously which alot of Sci Fi shows do and tbh it is very difficult to churn out interesting, entertaining and plausable sci-fi for a TV series, but Stargate isn't too worried about being plausable (which it frequently is) and the charecters (particularly Jack) know how absurd all these situations are.

Anyway, it itnerests me as Sci-Fi and makes me laugh, so it's one of my favoraite TV shows ever.

Unfortunatly its gone off terrestrial TV until next year now! So I think i'll have to go buy some videos

Oh, did anyone see the 'wormhole extreme' episode, I swear I nearly died

Now Space Above and Beyond was a good program, very much enjoyed that.

I like SG1, sometimes repetitive but normally an enjoyable watch!

I have to be honest and say that I no longer watch it all the time but when I catch it, would sit there!

Was Wormhole Extreme the one where Martin was the writer for a TV show about the Stargate? Yeah, that one was pretty funny, it's like they made fun of their show in their show. I guess the writers wanted a break or something.

I used to watch Stargate SG-1 religiously... but unfortunately its not shown here anymore jeez... i miss that show

That's the good thing about America, everything either begins here, or gets here eventually.