View Poll Results: What Next generation System(s) do you have?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gamecube

4 13.33%
  • Xbox

5 16.67%
  • Play Station 2

10 33.33%
  • All of the above

2 6.67%
  • Two of them

9 30.00%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Prince of Persia is on Gamecube, and GTA is on x-box, so those aren't exclusives. And PS2 definitely has the largest library of games out of the three--the library just doesn't include a great deal of what I like. If you like RPGs and sports games, though, it's probably the sytem of choice.

But I should probably mention, I play PC games more than any of the console systems. Warcraft 3 and Wolfenstien have had me hooked since the beginning of the year. But like I said, I'm a multiplayer nut.

Leisure time optimizer Moderator Nimea's Avatar
    Well, you are right about Prince as I see now(in Germany it is not yet out on the X-Box), but GTA was originally only for PS2 and PC as far as I know.
    Last edited by Nimea; November 27th, 2003 at 02:10 AM.

Frosty The Snowman... Frostmourne's Avatar
    Wow ^ is from Germany, weird. GCN didnt stop production, but it almost did, its developing the new nintendo consol and need funds.

Wow ^ is from Canada, weird. I live in Switzerland...Germany is our big Canton. (hehe)

I must admit, Bear...you're probably the first person I've ever heard say that they can't find enough titles to play on the PS2. I wish I can clone myself so that I can find the time to play all of them.

I'm definitely in the minority, Twelve. But it's not because of system pride, or anything silly like that. I think all the systems have had their great games. Hell, I own and love a Sega Saturn (The Panzer Dragoon Series--and I'm lucky enough to own "saga", Dragon Force, Shining Force 3, Gaurdian Heroes...this system was by no means a waste).

But over the past few years, I've gotten into multiplayer games, both online and off. And if I'm gonna play online, I much, much prefer to use a PC. If I'm not gonna play online, four-player games are a must (the two control ports on ps2 drives me nuts, even though I do own a multi-tap), and IMO, nintendo can do home console multiplayer better than anyone. They make games that veterans and new players can play at the same time, which is no small feat. I like some of ps2's single player games, but not enough of them have kept me content for very long, hence my disappointment.

When it comes to single player games, oddly enough, GBA has been my system of choice. All the Castlevanias, Advanced Wars and FF Tactics have kept me nice and busy.

Originally posted by Twelve
    Wow ^ is from Canada, weird. I live in Switzerland...Germany is our big Canton. (hehe)

I must admit, Bear...you're probably the first person I've ever heard say that they can't find enough titles to play on the PS2. I wish I can clone myself so that I can find the time to play all of them.

There are plenty of titles for PS2, unfortunately. If I walked into a game store and was offered the chance to choose ten free ones, I would have a tough time getting ten very good ones. I would have no such trouble with GC, despite PS2 being out two years longer.

Good point, Iskaral. Kind of a quality over quantity thing.

And I can say, I haven't played anything on ps2 that blew me away like Metroid Prime. That's been the best single player game I've played in years.

Now back to MarioKart.

You guys who have GCN should try Goblin Commander, good fun.

Originally posted by Iskaral Pust

I would have a tough time getting ten very good ones.
    1. Kingdom Hearts
    2.Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
    3.Gran Turismo 3
    4.Ico
    5.Xenosaga: Der Wille zur Macht
    6.Suikoden 3
    7.Devil May Cry
    8.Maximo
    9.Dark Cloud 2
    10.Jak II

There. Just in case you happen to find yourself in a situation where you would be forced to get 10 free PS2 games, here is a quick, easy list of 10 very great PS2 only games that continue to receive high praise from the gaming community.

But of that list, I only enjoyed Kingdom Hearts, Ico, Maximo and Devil May Cry. Never cared for racing games, don't have the time to play very many rpgs, liked but felt diappointed with MGS2. Haven't played Jak II.

I don't think the PS2 is a bad system by any means, and I am not dogging it, but the library just doesn't appeal to me as much. And even the games I liked on it didn't have the same impact that Metroid Prime, WindWaker, Mario Sunshine, Super Smash Brothers, Ikaruga, Viewtiful Joe, MarioKart and other GC games have had.

Originally posted by Twelve

1. Kingdom Hearts
    2.Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
    3.Gran Turismo 3
    4.Ico
    5.Xenosaga: Der Wille zur Macht
    6.Suikoden 3
    7.Devil May Cry
    8.Maximo
    9.Dark Cloud 2
    10.Jak II

There. Just in case you happen to find yourself in a situation where you would be forced to get 10 free PS2 games, here is a quick, easy list of 10 very great PS2 only games that continue to receive high praise from the gaming community.

In that list you managed to get the only five games I think are worth the asking price:Kingdom Hearts, Ico, Xenosaga, Devil May Cry, Dark Cloud 2. The others are vastly overrated. I own 13 GC games and the only ones from the above five that I think are better than any of those are Kingdom Hearts and Ico.

Ico 2 is in the works. Hopefully people will take notice of it this time.

My goodness, I just got MKDD and it is AWESOME! I was seriously doubting weather I made the right choice on getting a GCN, but this game made me positive that Nintendo PWNS ALL! However, after you finish all the GP, it gets less fun...

Originally posted by Iskaral Pust

The others are vastly overrated.
    !!!!

Gran Turismo 3 overrated??

Woah. Never heard that one before. Well, everyone is most certain welcome to their own opinions. Strangely enough, though it is agreed that Kingdom Hearts is a great game around here, most folks think it is extremely stupid.

Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to Kingdom Hearts 2, Ico 2, the next Maximo, and Gran Turismo 4. I'm currently deeply lodged in Gladius-a cross console game.

However, after you finish all the GP, it gets less fun...
    This game is all about the multi-player, my friend.

And I wouldn't call Gran Turismo 3 overrated. I don't particularly like racing games (though, obviously, I dig MarioKart), but the game was incredibly thorough and well-done from what little I played.