View Poll Results: What Next generation System(s) do you have?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gamecube

4 13.33%
  • Xbox

5 16.67%
  • Play Station 2

10 33.33%
  • All of the above

2 6.67%
  • Two of them

9 30.00%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Frosty The Snowman... Frostmourne's Avatar
    WHAT! That controller completly BLEW me away with the memory card that showed you a picture of the game you were playing!

Does anyone else own a Sega Dreamcast? It was a really good console and had some of the best games ever made!
    I'm a huge fan of the Dreamcast. Tons of great games. I've never regretted buying that system, and I still play it frequently.

I have a mac, not a pc. :shrug:

As for consoles, a game cube, and a playstation 2 (which is seriously broken, cos I played too many DVDs on it...*mope*).

PS2! and soon a PSP

Lord of Wallumbilla Gregorius_H's Avatar
    I got a PS2 becaues I hate cutesy stuff (nintendo) and I sincerely wish for Mr Bill Gates to burn in hell for all of eternity. Or perhaps we can just stretch him out on a rack... and leave him there for all of eternity. Or maybe... we can pay a guy named bubba to 'make friends' with him for all of eternity.... as long as something painful and all of eternity is involved... I'll be happy.

well... really, I got the PS2 becaues I love Silent Hill, and silent hill always went to playstation firts. I also like the controller better... and it gets a greater percentage of wierd japanese games then the other consoles. And I love wierd japanese games... like Katamari D.....(forgot how it was spelt). That game rocks. Go play it. And eyetoy! There's never been a more efficient way of becoming a complete social outcast.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregorius_H
    Or maybe... we can pay a guy named bubba to 'make friends' with him for all of eternity....
    LOL!
    Sadly the only system I have (other than my lovely PC) is a PSOne.
    I mostly play fighting games on it as sadly there's not a lot of them on the PC.

Yeeah! PS2 all the way! Well, it's not the best system, but I still kinda like it. The PC is the best because you can just keep on adding stuff, you don't have to miss out on new games on the pc because you can always buy a new component to correspond with your new game... well... as long as it doesn't cost as much as your computer did...

I like the Xbox better (I don't have it, of course) because it was made by Microsoft, and you know as well as I do that the graphics are much better. They even have PC version games on there. KOTOR I and II, Doom 3, Halo 2... EEERRRGH!

I recently purchased an Xbox and this was my reasoning:

1. Halo2
    2. Halo2
    3. Halo2

GTA:SA is great and I'd love to be playing it right now, but it'll come out on Xbox soon (and look better than PS2 at that) so I can wait, but Halo will NEVER come out on the PS2. Sure I'll miss out on Katamari Damacy and Viewful Joe but then there's KOTOR and Jade Empire so I'm happy with my choice.

Filthy Assistants! Moderator kater's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Let us know whether your reasoning was sound after you finish Halo 2

Yes finished it and have replayed it twice now.

And still play multiplayer almost every day. Godbless Bill Gates.

Filthy Assistants! Moderator kater's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Really? I have to say I felt quite cheated by the ending and the likelihood I'll have to purchase a new machine to play Halo 3, plus I mostly play multiplayer with my brother (can't afford Live) and found the maps tough going. They seem far too complex and awkward compared to the Ice planet map of the first game, which we consistently play sniper duels on. Do you play with more players? Is it better?

Ending didn't bug me, even if they'd had a more "Final" ending to Halo2 their still gonna make Halo3 (or 2.5 maybe) and we're still gonna buy it too so whats the use.

No Xbox Live for me either (for now ). I usually play with one other person on Split screen and occassionaly four people. And yeah it's better than just two. Reminds me of the multiplayer glory days of playing "Golden Eye" with four friends on the N64, but more fun because Halo is a whole lot better game than Bond. I have a friend who's interested in linking up our Xbox's and doing a 4v4 mini-tourney, which sounds like a lot of fun to me.

I love the Multiplayer maps in Halo2 better than the 1st one but I've heard your compliant from a few other people too, I don't see it but others do.
    Last edited by Bitter Buffalo; January 31st, 2005 at 06:14 PM.