Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What were you thinking?

What were you thinking when you came up with your user name?

I like werewolves and was listening to some Rockabilly and surf music at the time.

I was thinking of Rohan.

A chuffing heffalump Chuffalump's Avatar
    It's an in-joke between my OH and me.

It could be worse. ~tmso Moderator N. E. White's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That's easy. It's the moniker I was given when I started on my first wildland fire crew:

The Mighty Short One - tmso.

Song lyrics. Nickee Coco and the Invisible Tree by Of Montreal. I find the song hilarious. Here they are, sorry if it's long.

Nickee Coco woke up early one Tuesday morning and decided to go for a walk in the tomato field behind her house. As she was walking along she saw a magnificently tall invisible tree and decided to climb up on it. She found the foliage covered branches so comfortable that she fell fast asleep. She was still asleep when nightfall came and her mother became frantic with worry. She ran from house to house asking everyone she saw if they had seen Nickee or knew where she was. Soon the whole town was aware of Nickee's disappearance and they immediately started the search.

And so the search began
    Everybody was looking for Nickee Coco
    They looked on rooftops and in trees in the park
    Mr. Temboley even shouted down the well
    "Nickee Coco if you are down there give a yell"
    but he didn't hear a yell
    And so the search went on

Everybody was still looking for Nickee Coco
    They asked the stuttering organ grinder in the square
    Who said "No no no no
    I hav-hav-haven't heard a thi-thing
    But the second that I-I-I d-d-do I'll gi-gi-give a ring
    Oh-oh-oh the poor poor poor little thing"

All the while Nickee was curled up fast asleep
    Very peaceful in her invisible tree
    Eating mangos in a dream

All the while Nickee was curled up fast asleep
    No longer peaceful in her invisible tree
    Being chased by antelopes in a dream

They're wondering if they'll ever find Nickee Coco
    Nickee's mother asked Miss Colvendom in tears
    "Margaret tell me what on earth I've done
    To deserve losing my sweet beloved one?
    What could I have possibly done?"

Many weeks passed and though some people were beginning to lose hope they all kept searching and never did Nickee leave their thoughts. One day an owl happened to fly past Nickee still sleeping soundly up in the invisible tree and rushed back to tell the townspeople. After an owl translator was called in and the owl's wonderful message was understood the whole town joyously followed the owl back to the invisible tree where little Nickee was still fast asleep. They all cheered when they saw her and Nickee finally awoke as they lifted her above their heads and marched victoriously back into town where they had a huge party in honor of her return and sang this song…

We love you Nickee Coco
    We were so sad when we thought we had lost you
    Nickee Coco now we're so happy
    because at last
    we found you
    we found you
    we love you

I liked how Andy Garcia's character in Things to Do in Denver When You're Dead was named Jimmy the Saint and how the recurring thing was that he brought an element of class to the outfit "back in the day". JonnytheSaint seemed somewhat cumbersome though. Years have passed and I can assure everyone I'm not that religious or classy however.

It never entered my mind algernoninc's Avatar
    The mouse from Daniel Keyes Flowers for Algernon. I've been using this nickname since I first started interneting, but I had to add "inc" becaue the simple moniker was already taken here.

I had just finished writing a term paper for a graduate seminar on vagueness. Chrysippus was a Stoic logician who was arguably the first philosopher to formulate and attempt to deal with the problem. Also, on an old music forum I used to frequent, there was a guy there whose name was Aquinas, after the medieval Aristotelian (although I didn't know that at the time). I liked the idea of having a philosopher's name (since I am a philosopher), and Chrysippus is just a cool name.

Since NickeeCoco was taken I just used the name of the main character in the book I'm writing.

Well, therein lies a tale...

For a short time, I lived pretty close to my Friendly Neighborhood Game Store. I'd drive past it every day on the way home from work, and as I was friends with most of the staff, I'd stop in at least for a little bit to see what was going on.

After this had been going on for a while, one of my friends greeted my arrival with, "Ah, I see it's time for our daily Rich." I liked the sound of it and immediately adopted it. Been my online persona ever since (going on almost 14 years now). It's the name of my blog, too.

It could be worse. ~tmso Moderator N. E. White's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Oh, I always wondered about the 'daily' part. Nice to know.

I used the name my main Everquest character was called. He was a Froglok wizard, which explains a lot I think.

Window Bar is more or less a joke on myself. As a writer, I face the problem of not meeting my own expectations (sound familiar?). I truly believe the motto that goes with my posts: We Read for Light. But if no light comes through the window, whose fault is it?

-- WB

Omnibus Prime Moderator PeterWilliam's Avatar
    Probably obvious, but first name and middle name. I love me some me.

It is from my favorite novel, IT. Bob Gray, or Robert Gray is another name for Pennywise the Dancing Clown, also known as IT.