Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
    Bard of Tending in Ileadh Maerad(",)'s Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LordScorch View Post
    but I usually just remember the page.
    yeah, me too.

Quote Originally Posted by LordScorch View Post
    I usually just remember the page.
    I'm impressed! - my memory's like a sieve, I can never remember page numbers.
    Also, I have a loathing of cracked spines, therefore cannot allow my books to be put face down open at a page... Yes, it's a little sad I know :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Ickle Lulu View Post
    I'm impressed! - my memory's like a sieve, I can never remember page numbers.
    Also, I have a loathing of cracked spines, therefore cannot allow my books to be put face down open at a page... Yes, it's a little sad I know :-)
    Thanks!

I dislike cracked spines, but it also really depends on the book I'm reading. If t's a softback, crappy book, meh, a spine bent mean a whole great deal to me. But if it's a book I love, softback or hardback, I just can't stand it.

Bard of Tending in Ileadh Maerad(",)'s Avatar
    Blog Entries
    When my book's spines cracked, it is like it's the end of the world for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Magister Ludi View Post
    A Canadian dollar bill. (They've been out of print for about 25 years.)
    Holy cow, has it really been that long? That makes me feel old, as I remember them.

Right now as a bookmark I am using my vendor nametag from a spring craft show I participated in.

Often I use the receipt the library gives me when I take out books.

With soft covers I tend to just fold the corner of the page. I know sacriligous. They just get so beat up by the time I am done with them that it doesnt really matter. Some of these monstrous 700-800 + page books just cant take the pressure - poor broken spines.

Hard covers get a book mark. I treat them more reverently (sp??). However I am pretty non discriminating. I lose pretty much every nice one that finds its way into my hand. I have a lovely black leather one that keeps going missing - it has been kicking around since the late 80s. It comes back to me at times like an old friend and we read a book together and then it disapears to wherever it hides.

For my bathroom reads - you all have them I know you do - I use a wad of TP. Told you I was not very discriminating in this regard.

Now if I could get my hand on one of those Canadian Dollar bills that would be cool. But I'd lose it...

Apparently, I had a special bookmark that I had forgotten about. Had a basement leak last year. Very little damage to the books, but I had to move ~half a ton of them. Along the way, I found an old bookmark-- a $100 U.S. Savings bond, about 40 years old. It was one of the good ones that keep growing, and I was so happy with my new found wealth. Then I calculated, my gains. Turns out that if I had bought gasoline with the original money, it would have appreciated more than the bond.

Often I read on public transport, so my bookmark is usually my most recent train, bus or tram ticket.

Have to say....it's a lace from one of my boots...

Took a book on a training exercise with me last year, and between shooting and getting shot at, I'd crack out a bit of David Gemmell. It was good for morale.

Cool Bookmarks

What I use for a bookmark, I have plenty of bookmarks, but if I do not have one around when I start reading a book I will use a simple piece of paper.

Artist, Cartoonist & Dude Action Avenue's Avatar
    I always use bookmarks. There are many in my personal library because I tend to read more than one book at a time (usually about 2 or 3 books). Most of them are the cheap paper ones that the book store use to give away for free. Some of my bookmarks have been gifts from my wife, family or friends. I would guess my bookmark collection has to number in the 20 to 30 range.

LOL - Toilet Paper a lot of the time.