Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast
    nil satis nisi optimum
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridie View Post
    Where did you get this made?! it sounds awesome! I want onee!
    Thanks,

It was made by a sign shop not too far from where I live, I had wanted something like it for years and no one would make it how I wanted, and then I found this small shop that claimed to make anything, and they were telling the truth.

It wasn't cheap, but it was worth it because I will keep it forever and it is a really personnal item that only I fully understand, It also creates a lot of conversation, because every one that see's it asks about it, and then I have to explain what it all means.

I like to rock the party Corporal Blues's Avatar
    I work for a boys and girls club, and one day, as an art project, we made bookmarks, a girl in my group made one that is a drawing of me, and gave it to me. I've used that bookmark for a few years now.

I try to use a 'proper' bookmark, where I can, but have also been known to use train tickets, chewing gum wrappers and payslips as well... (my workbag needs a good tidy out! )

Just using whats at hand, mostly handkerchiefs since I nearly always have one around.
    Can't bother to get bookmarks since i'm always loosing 'em anyway.

NY and often the clouds ( I sometimes have blonde roots) and cadvans bedroom occasionally
    Quote Originally Posted by Eerie Streets View Post
    I’m going to have to group in with the dog-earing, spine-breaking, piss-on-their-books crowd.

I never lend books. NEVER. I used to, and I did so quite willingly. Unfortunately I gave my first edition of Rendezvous with Rama to a friend a few years ago (Not worth money or anything, but by and far my favourite novel, and having a first edition was a thing of pride).
    Did it come back dog-eared; No (It wasn’t the actual copy I’d read, so mine weren’t even there).
    Did it come back with a split spine? No

Did his kid forcefully run a knife down the cover several time? Yes, the ****-faced little ****er did!
    I no longer lend books.
    im sorry but this cracked me up so much im gonna take a moment to let it out
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahah

I just fold the corner over most of the time. my hard covers dont have their covers so cant use those. final conclusion is that folding the corners over is the greatest thing since sliced bread
    Last edited by fantasmic; August 11th, 2008 at 12:29 AM.

Bard of Tending in Ileadh Maerad(",)'s Avatar
    Blog Entries
    im using now my first bookmark ever!
    my dad bought a book and there was a free book mark,
    i took it and ask if i can have it. and he says "okay"
    until now im still using it.

Boop-boop-be-doop-*boop*! Arwyn08's Avatar

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Ickle Lulu View Post
    i cut the corners off envelopes and slip them over the coners of the pages......that way they stay on and they don't cost money and if they get lost - so what?!
    thats a good idea. i use whatever. if i have regular bookmarks they end up broken. so i started using tissues. when they still are folded neat. AND CLEAN ONES!!!

Haven't used real bookmarks in years and years. Using a napkin at the moment.

I am weird. I dog ear, but I am OCD about the condition I keep my books. Even my paperbacks.

Bard of Tending in Ileadh Maerad(",)'s Avatar
    Blog Entries
    DOG EAR!?!?!?!?
    okay.

I definitely can't dog ear the pages. I too am a little ocd about that. Right now, my favorite bookmark's been one I got in Switzerland. Sadly, it's pretty torn up. I also tend to be reading a few books at a time, so any scrap of paper has been used up to and including gum wrappers.

I have a leather bookmark for years and years. It is all that I use except once in a while when I am reading more than 1 book.

When I have something on the nightstand, I use it as a bookmark. I'm currently using a "fun size" Peanut M&Ms wrapper (empty of course). When there is nothing unimportant on my nightstand (like only insurance bills) I opt to remember where I'm at. I'm pretty violent with my books anyways, so finding my place usually isn't too difficult (on books I own at least).

xvart.

I used to take a piece of paper, fold it, and use that as a bookmark. My friend from Thailand bought a really nice wooden bookmark for me, and I've been using that lately instead of the piece of paper.

Obviously up to something Neffalathiel's Avatar
    Generally, the receipt from the store where I bought it. Because most of my books, I buy when I've got some travelling to do which I mostly do by train. And since the receipt is usually still around somewhere when I have to get off, that turns into my bookmark. I have a really nifty magnetic bookmark as well, but I always forget where I put it. And since I have to read loads of books for uni as well, it ends up in one of those most of the time..