Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Spears&Buckler
    I have a Michael Whelan bookmark with the cover art from a book called Dragonsbane by Barbra Hambly on it. I've had this bookmark for a few years now, and I think I'll only replace it if I find another Whelan bookmark somewhere. I'm a big Whelan fan.
    I have that bookmark too!! I also have others of his!! And have been a big fan of his artwork also!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shayna
    No spine-bending please!!! I shudder at books like that!!!
    Prolly shouldn't lend ME any of your books then. Don't worry, I don't really treat other people's books like crap... just my own)....

Administrator Administrator Hobbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ooh, I know that one, Spears: nice picture!

And THANK YOU Shayna, for your lovely offer!

I do have bookmarks (as some of my earlier comments here should say!) but sometimes it's a case of grabbing something near whilst you sort out a problem... and then never getting back to it.

It's just at the moment there seems to be a lot of that.

But Thank you very much, anyway....

Don't worry, I don't really treat other people's books like crap... just my own)....
    Yeah and you clearly hate every minute of it, Beard.

LOL

I know - it's some kind of self-punishment, isn't it? You really don't want to treat those books badly, but you feel you have to....

....... ahh, there's hope for you yet. A quick couple of hours on the 'Electrotherapy Training Bench' will get you right.

Hobbit
    Mark

I dont use bookmarks. I always seem to lose them. I can speed read though so if I forget what page Im on Ill just flick through for a bit till I find

Yeah, Drakonslair, I suspect I'd do the same if I bothered with bookmarks. I'm always losing the bits of paper, notes, paperclips, and what-have-you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit
    I know - it's some kind of self-punishment, isn't it? You really don't want to treat those books badly, but you feel you have to....
    Close enough, I just don't like my wrist cramping up from having to hold open the pages, so I bend the spine a bit to make it stay open. Patience, and wrist strength were never my strong suites....

I have also a couple of actual bookmarks, which I bought from Rome last summer. Usually I use traintickets or cards from collectable trading card games like LotR.

For some reason most of the actual bookmarks which are sold here seem to be meant for elementary school girls. Some even have actual pink fluff on them! Most have flower or weather patterns, though.

*envies people who can buy cheaply fantasy bookmarks*

I'm currently using: an old boarding pass, a piece of bent-unsicky scotch tape, a library receit and an amazon bill.

I never thought anybody could possibly dogear a book on purpose! (To me all books I buy appear pretty expensive, even the "cheap" paperbags... I would never buy a hardcover...)

Quote Originally Posted by minibirte
    bent-unsicky scotch tape
    Is an "unsicky" a day off where you're actually sick?

Anyway, I have a gold-coloured dragon-shaped [with glow-in-the-dark bits] bookmark that my brother bought back from China. It kinda slides over the page so you've got the border on one side and the dragon on the other so the bookmark can't fall out. Unfortunately it doesn't work anymore - that's probably because I fall asleep reading now and forget to put the bloody thing on the right page ... I now have to go searching for the right page of "Red Mars" that I was up to last night before I fell asleep.

Before that I would use the bookmark that the bookstore put in when you buy a new book, the reciept for said book when they forgot the bookmark, an old train ticket, the library reciept, some recently opened mail [usually a credit-card bill], a business card, or if I was really desperate I'd fold the corner of the page.

Tangible Entropy
    heh. I don't use a bookmark I actually don't need them. I can almost always remember exactly where I was when I was last in a book.

Grins,
    Jenn

Naughty Bunny
    i keep strips of card from work and get the kids to design me a book mark, this was I always have their art with me and when I loose one they just laugh at me and have fun making another

I lost some of my bookmarks, and can't seem to find the one with "All the world's a stage" which I bought at Shakespeare's birthplace over at Stratford-upon-Avon. Currently, I find myself using one some drug rep gave me.

Prefers to be anomalous intensityxx's Avatar
    Right now I'm obsessed with beaded Book Thongs.

*drags mind out of the gutter* For a moment there I thought you were talking about your undies....

Red face

I use one of those promotional bookmarks that book stores give out for free. Kinda funny actually because mine is one of the Goodkind Sword of Truth books, which I haven't even read and it gets so much negative chat on these forums. It does have a nice looking dragon on it though and that does it for me.

I put the thongs on my feet and just use a strip of cardboard for a bookmark