Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Prefers to be anomalous intensityxx's Avatar
    Book Thongs are kind of like that, BoP. Only the string fits in the..err...space down the center of the open book. Both ends are decorated with art glass beads, which hang outside the book.

The slugs have gone mad! dragondrool's Avatar
    I've got a Book Thong. It's got the cutest little armadillo on one end.

Prefers to be anomalous intensityxx's Avatar
    I go crazy and buy ten at a time when Borders has them in stock, because they go so fast. I keep telling myself they're for gifts, but so far I can't part with any. What I really want to do is make them. If I ever do, I'll send them to everyone on the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by intensityxx
    I go crazy and buy ten at a time when Borders has them in stock, because they go so fast. I keep telling myself they're for gifts, but so far I can't part with any. What I really want to do is make them. If I ever do, I'll send them to everyone on the forum.
    By the Way, I bought the Michael Whelan bookmarks, but I do make my own. I find different themes on the internet that help me with ideas I have floating around in my head! I have quite a few and maybe(some day) I could start my own business!! Wouldn't that be sweet!!!

I have so many bookmarks it seems like I've started a collection (one of my favorites says "have a nice day before some JERK messes it up). Only thing is, I never use them. I usually just mark my page with a Post-It note. And I cannot fold over the corner of the page.

interesting thread for me... hahaha GREAT.

to tell the truth i would just assume to loose my page and take a minute to find it than fold the page... crazy taboo for me it drives me nuts. for a while i i actually used a five Ä bill and i was pretty sure i wouldnt loose that. but now as i have recently been a few months nonsmoking and i am using the patch to do so and for those of you have seen the patch youll know what i mean but those that havent seen them: when u open one up and u have to once a day, they are stuck to a shiny silver then plastic surface of some kind and i use these. they are small enuf... and dont get in my way. and in the morning when i take a book with me and put a patch on i use this.

however when i put a book down at night i just leave it open face down on the nightstand.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckbutter
    interesting thread for me... hahaha GREAT.

however when i put a book down at night i just leave it open face down on the nightstand.
    I haven't looked at this thread for a while but I have to point out something that is likely to have already been mentioned. BROKEN SPINES!!! The books you read are being damaged as you sleep duckbutter (I hope you wrote in the 'what does your name mean' thread by the way!)!!!I strongly advise that you keep a book mark or post card by your bed at night!

Quote Originally Posted by Leiali
    I haven't looked at this thread for a while but I have to point out something that is likely to have already been mentioned. BROKEN SPINES!!! The books you read are being damaged as you sleep duckbutter (I hope you wrote in the 'what does your name mean' thread by the way!)!!!I strongly advise that you keep a book mark or post card by your bed at night!
    i know and understand what you are saying!!! but the thing is is i am only allowed to keep a book for three months after i have read it. and you know how hard it is to find another person where i live who can read english other than my wife? i live in a village of 35 ppl in the boonies in the french alps. i either toss em or offer them to the book store that is 150km away from us for free to see at discount as i know there MUST be some other guy like me living somewhere.

no if someone were to respond to this and say they lived near me and read english and would appreciate free book i would be more than happy to send them about fifty or so books i have being they pay for shipping. but other than that my wife doesnt let me clutter and collect things for a long time unless it is a book that is special and hardbound i eventually get rid of it.

if you want my books let me know and i will not leave them open but if you dont then dont criticize me please because when i am finished with my book more often than not it goes in the garbage because we have not the room nor anyone else that wants my books mainly cause they are in english.

ps i would never abuse a classic such as an abrose bierce or a limited tolkien... and hence i dont buy them!

and ps i am sorry to have wrinkled your feathers but screw the spines of pb's when i am done NO ONE wants them????????????!!!!!

I use what evers laying around,bus tickets envelopes,bills,scraps of paper cardboard anything.

I usually use thinly sliced cheese. That way, when I open the book, it's a colourful suprise!

I used to use bookmarks once, long ago, I think. Never used them anymore though, well, during the day at least. I just close the book and when I want to carry on I flip around until I find my place again. However, recently when I put my book down to go to sleep at night I've been using my glasses as a bookmark, not that it ever works though because I always take them out to put them on without checking the page. Makes my glasses easier to find in the morning though

Posted by Archren
    Thing is, for a few years there, if I put a bookmark in a book, it was a guarantee that I would never finish it, for whatever reason. So I abandoned bookmarks and never really went back.
    Wow. I thought I was the only one this happened to. Glad to know Iím not alone.

If itís a library book, Iíll usually just use the return date reminder (which, from my city library system, is a honking big piece of coloured paper).

With my own books though, since Iíve given up on purchased bookmarks (although I still have quite a collection of them adorning the nooks and crannies of my bookshelves), Iíve used all manner of things, including tissues (clean ones only ). I used to use paper clips that Iíd grab from work, but since the boss orders only cheap supplies, the clips were always out of alignment, and the loose end would make a hole in the page. Since then, Iíve taken to using post-it notes.

Msylvia
    I just turn the corner down on the page I stopped at. My mom buys me bookmarks for every Christmas and birthday, so I have a nice collection now ... but I still just fold the page down.

You may call me Mistress Vivacia's Avatar
    A bookmark if I can find one. A scrap of paper or a collectible playing card from the Wheel of Time cards if I can't. I arrely turn down pages.

Booksellers sometimes give away bookmarks when you buy books from them. I've been using those for about a year.

Note: some of the books I've been getting through eBay look like they were previously owned by people who kept their places by turning the book over, pages down, and then sitting on it to get that inconvenient tightness out of the spine.

Jerry Abbott