A girl named Shadow?

Okay I know this is a long shot, but I have tried so hard to find this book again! I was sooo happy to see this helpful section for us forgetful people

When I was a young teenager, so around 1994, I read a book about a woman named Shadow. At least I'm pretty darn sure that was her name. She lived in a rough city and she was a street urchin/rouge/assassin type person. Maybe not assassin but a good fighter at least.

I am sorry to say that that is all i remember!! I have racked my mind for any other tid bits, Im 90% sure she was on the cover but that could change. I remember a few sex scenes since I was young enough to be embarrassed by them

I typed all kinds of "shadow fantasy", "woman named shadow" etc into many search engines. I also called my dad to make sure it wasn't in his collection of thousands of books. Lastly I searched this forum, all to no avail.

Fingers Crossed!!!
    Please and Thankyou in advance!

Dear Papazak,

avoidant has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - A girl named Shadow? - in the Fantasy forum of sffworld.com.

This thread is located at:
    http://www.sffworld.com/forums/showt...5&goto=newpost

Here is the message that has just been posted:
    Maybe "Shadow" by Anne Logston, the main character is an elven thief.

Strange, I received this email. But when I click on the link or go to the website I dont see the post...Is this normal?

Anyway Thankyou so much Avoidant that is the exact book I was looking for!! Of course when the cover loaded onto my screen many memories came flooding back. I wonder why I didnt remember her being an elf. Maybe after reading about the near perfect and proud elfs in LOTR, I prefer them that way. I already ordered the 1991 edition, since the 2005 looks like a cartoon DVD. It will be interesting to see if I enjoy it as much this time around.

I will go back and see where I went wrong with using the search engine!!

Administrator Administrator Hobbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Apologies Papazak: we've had a few issues at the site the last couple of days which has meant that some posts were lost in a major reset.

This might be one of them!

Well done, Avoidant for finding the right book: another success story!

Mark / Hobbit
    Mark