Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Characters you hate

I come across a lot of characters I wish the author would just kill off in fantasy books- and more often the good ones than the evil ones.
    My top pick for most annoying, most hated character:
    Faile (WoT)! She's so obnoxious and she absolutely ruined Perrin.

Anyone else have any characters they hate?

I live in my own little world . . . or one of its suburbs.
    Nyneave is up there. Personally, I'd like to tug those damn braids off and be done with it.

Little miss Cersei from Martin's series could use a few boots to the head.

And, so as not to appear sexist, Regal drove me nuts as well. I realize that was Hobb's intention, so I guess she did her job well.

Cersei, Littlefinger, Verin (annoys me no end, couldn't care less about possible mysterious past), Erik Von Darkmoor's stepmom (mangy bitch).

Hmm, I think it would have to be a toss-up
    between Belgarion, C'Nedra, Polgara, and Silk from the Belgariad, but especially C'Nedra!! She was so dang whiny and annoying that I just wanted somebody to either kick her in the head or kill her.

By the way, I may not be psychic, but I believe I know what character Bardos is going to mention on this thread!!

Really? Who?
    You have ONE guess.

Richard Rahl--what a dumbo.

Nosce te ipsum
    Jimmy the hand... Squire James or whatever the hell he was called at the end, from the Magician series by Raymond Feist. The guy was just too smarmy for my taste. Someone should have clipped his hand off and ended his prissy "career" as a thief.

Ditto Faile. I mean I LOATHE her. HATE HATE her... !!! ugh! I also hated Egwene in books 3 through 8. But she's a little more palatable recently.

And also, Mirimiale from Tad Williams MST. She's the canker sore in an otherwise fantastic and amazing piece of work.

I think that's it, folks...

Of course this is just my opinion, but I didn't think Miriamelle was that bad.

Polgara! Also Belgarion and C'Nedra, but that Polgara really diminished my opinion of the series immensely.

Stanis, Theon, Bran, and Sam from aSoIaF. I want them all to die. The first is an idiot, the second a prick, and the third / forth boring wastes of pages.

Minor Spoiler:

Luckily Theon is getting flayed alive.

Faile is bad but she is sweet in comparison with Sevanna. Sevanna hardly gets any air time but the few times she's around she always makes me want to gag. Why hasn't Therava deposed her yet?

I agree, Cersei must die. So must Robb Stark's mother (forgot her name). Much of the pain of the characters in those books can be attributed to those two.

Susan

Jinna in Fool's Errand. I might be being unfair here as it is only the first book in the trilogy but she did irratate me and I hope she disappears from the series very quickly.

Part of the reason I hate Faile so much is that you're supposed to like her. I mean, at least Sevanna is an intentionally unlikable character!
    I sort of like Catelyn... except when she's around Jon.
    I really can't stand Regal either, but like Alucard said, that's intentional so I guess it doesn't count.

*************SPOILER*************

I'm REALLY glad Lysa Arryn's dead, though, I couldn't stomach her at all, and I hope her son dies soon too!