• Robert Jordan - The Wheel of Time

18 25.35%
  • Terry Goodkind - Sword of Truth

9 12.68%
  • Steven Erikson - Malazan Book of the Fallen

34 47.89%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Werthead View Post
    Bakker's Second Apocalypse series should, in theory, be finished by 2015 or 2016 if he keeps up his one book every 18 months schedule, but he may have another three-year-break between Books 6 and 7 like he did between 3 and 4, so it's difficult to say.

This is really hard to say, because we don't even know how many books the series will comprise. He was supposed to write four more books after TTT (book 3), yet the first duology is now a planned trilogy, and the second one may well become a trilogy as well, if needed.
    Plus he's written a SF thriller between books 3 and 4, so who knows if he'll decide to write something else after the second trilogy.

With regard to Greg Keyes "Kingdoms of Thorn and Bone", my understanding is that the series wraps this month, with the fourth and final novel The Born Queen. Keyes may well decide to do more in the world, [its a fairly big world it seems], but I believe this particular series is done. Have I missed some announcement of a fifth installment? [It did strike me at the end of The Blood Knight" that there was quite a lot left to do.]

As Werthead points out, Sanderson's very positive blog face may well understate the amount of work that AMoL will take, but I think there is some reason for optimism. Brandon Sanderson seems to work reasonably quickly, though granted he's never tackled anything even close to this difficult and complex before. I have faith in Tor and Sanderson not to rush the process, but once it is done I'm guessing they'll want to get it on shelves as fast as possible, so I'm still betting that they'll finish in front of Erikson, if only by a few months.
    ________
    Toyota A Engine Specifications
    Last edited by mjolnir; April 29th, 2011 at 02:03 AM.