Thread: Marvel Movies

Marvel Movies

With all the comic book references, I was surprised that I didn't find an existing thread about the various Marvel movies, recent and upcoming. I'm still amazed at how many different characters are getting their own movies.

So the new Teaser 2 for Age of Ultron this morning. Avengers movies almost seem like a guilty pleasure. I like them but cringe and some elements of the storyline.

The Ant Man trailer was interesting also.

I'm not a big comic reader, buy I love super hero movies. I am absolutely giddy about Avengers 2.

Administrator Administrator Hobbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Good point, Balthagor.

Let's list the ones we know about (provisional dates, obviously):

Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
    Ant-Man (2015)
    Captain America: Civil War (2016)
    Doctor Strange (2016)
    Guardians of the Galaxy 2 (2017)
    Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
    Black Panther (2017)
    Avengers: Infinity War Part 1 (2018)
    Captain Marvel (2018)
    Inhumans (2018)
    Avengers: Infinity War Part 2 (2019)

And the new Age of Ultron trailer is HERE, if you wish to see it.
    Mark

Don't forget Batman vs Superman Movie and the good stuff on TV. Agents of Shield, Agent Carter, Arrow & Flash. The Atom coming next year. Plus the coming show Powers on Play Station Network and Dare Devil on Netflix.

There are a lot of Supers in the works.

http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/comic-bo...015-and-beyond

Marvel seems to be on a good roll with their movies. There are changes from the comics, such as Ultron not being created by Hank Pym (Ant-Man). It will probably be a failed Tony Stark experiment, but for the most part they are holding the characters. DC is trying to catch up and everything rests on Superman V Batman. If this movie is not done well it could be disaster for the rest.
    I have reservations as it seems they are using The Dark Knight Returns as the reference for Batman. If tis is true then I think the movie will be a bust. Dark Knight Returns is set when Batman is much older. Batman and Superman are the same age. Also what is the point of having an old Batman in the Justice League if everyone else is young. I hope all the leaks and rumors regarding this are wrong, otherwise I will need to get my picket sign ready.

I love the better ones, but I don't think I could ever watch another Thor movie - so awful. I truly can't understand why people keep paying money to go see them. I'd rather have a lobotomy.

Guardians and Big Hero 6 were my recent favorites, with the second Captain America being pretty good as well. Recently watched Ironman 3 on cable and that was enjoyable as well.

I had not heard about Superman v Batman but have trouble imagining it will be anything other than Thor-level awful.