Extant Television Show

Heard about this new television series? Big names like Halle Berry and Steven Spielberg appear with lots of SciFi elements.

So far two episodes in on CBS. Are you more interested in the father, the mother or the android child?

I'm pleased with the acting talent. Also enjoying all the little touches to remind us we're in a future Earth.
    What's for dinner, Yod?

Mid-Season

Well, as expected, we've come to the middle of the season. Anybody watching?

The series is still high-quality, but there's a little bit of a dip in the memorability of the show from week to week. Now that we are in the busy middle, there are a lot of characters to follow and it jumps from event to event to cover everything in one episode.

I suppose it's a shift away from character development. I hope they get back to Ethan and his development/acceptance.
    What's for dinner, Yod?

Administrator Administrator Hobbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hi Bodhi. We've just had Episode 5 here in the UK, watching through Amazon Prime. Is that halfway through?

It's developing nicely for me. After a slow start, it has kept going to the point where the shift change in the last episode develops lots of other characters and is taking it into another direction.

Unlike many recent series (Revolution, Helix, for example) this one is maintaining my interest at the moment. The cast of experienced actors (Halle Berry, Goran) are good enough to keep it going, but what works most is the plot. It's not new and not without its inconsistencies/plotholes, but it is done well, IMO.

M.
    Last edited by Hobbit; August 8th, 2014 at 05:25 PM.
    Mark

I found a character map here: www.CBS.com/shows/extant/news/1002923/

It places Molly at the center with her partner, John, and Ethan as a close second. What are the characters that interest you?

We had episode 5 over here. It did seem to represent a different phase of the show. It started to go in a different direction than I thought after the first couple episodes. It has a lot of directions that it pursues from episode to episode somewhat carelessly.

I think I said it before but I am impressed with the boy's acting. I also like the actress playing Sam, the doctor, so I hope she has a strong role to come.

I like the fact that they don't hold back with the special effects for the more mundane technologies.

That's not to say I don't laugh at some scenes. Anyone laugh when

Spoiler:
    Yasumoto makes his scientist violently infect himself in the chamber
    What's for dinner, Yod?

Arrow Update

Latest episode, the sixth, "Nightmare," came out.

Spoiler:
    Glad to see Ethan with a more major part, cracking codes and screaming in the night. Finding it hard to be drawn to Molly as much as when she was pregnant. Not really sure why the writers needed to kill off another random scientist guy...
    What's for dinner, Yod?