The Giver (The Movie)

I have seen advertisements on television showing that someone is bring this story to the cinema. This provokes a strange flood of emotions for me.

This book has been near and dear to me for a long time. Really, it's one of my all-time faves. This is a big dilemma about whether to go see if the producers can do justice to the source.

I would have felt this way about Ender's Game if I knew a movie was released. In that case, I probably would have avoided the movie. Anyone see the movie and any regrets?

Sometimes, I feel like the movie can only be made for those who missed the book or those who just don't read that much. The producers know they can't please all the fanboys and fangirls, so obviously you're not going to try to twist the movie into a myriad of exact specifications and possibly leave it unwatchable.
    What's for dinner, Yod?

Exactly why i got into films

I hate it that hollywood does not cater to a smaller group of people, thats the number one reason why i became a film director, every hollywood video game movie is crap, i rather be a poor film maker but create awesome true to the original source content than sell out for big amounts of cash, someone has to not sell out, and I'm fine with that.

The movie has made some compromises, but I declare the movie to be very good, nonetheless.

If you never read the book or even if you just forget some of the details, you are probably better off. Taylor Swift as Rosemary = LOL.

It took a lot of vision to design the dwellings and cool-looking-but-quite-nonsensical bike design. The moral of the movie could have had more punch if it was used similar houses, bikes, roads to what we have now, but that might put more of a burden on the actors and cinematography. Ultimately, a lot of futuristic eye candy was just for fun.

Also, in other news, the Giver got younger and Jonas got older!

But the best news is that they didn't add too much to the author's message, even if they changed/removed/added scenes.
    What's for dinner, Yod?