Page 2 of 64 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Fanboy Extraordinaire! Warewolf's Avatar
    My top five favorite titles right now are

Amazing Spider-Man by J. Michael Straczynski (creator of Babylon 5) and John Romita, Jr.
    This is the best this title has been in over ten years. JMS GETS the characters. He writes the dialogue perfectly and has injected a sense of fun and humor into the book that I haven't seen in quite a while. While I'm not a big fan of JRJr, his artwork is energetic and really communicates the agility of Spidey in action. Great stuff.

Negation by Tony Bedard and Paul Pelletier
    High octane space opera action. A story about a group of beings from different planets in our universe abducted to the Negation universe and placed in a prison camp. They escape and are on the run, trying to find a way home. Interesting characters, well written stories, gorgeous artwork by Pelletier, and a cliffhanger every month.

Y: The Last Man by Brian K. Vaughan and Pia Guerra
    An interesting twist on the "last man on Earth" story. Yorrick finds himself as the last man on Earth after something kills off all animals on the planet with a Y chromosome. He, along with a special government agent and a genetecist are traveling across the country in a search for what caused this calamity. Great stuff. Another book with a cliffhanger every month.

Outsiders by Judd Winick and Tom Raney
    Excellent superheroics. Gorgeous artwork by Raney. Nightwing and Arsenal form a group that will be more proactive when it comes to fighting supervillains. Wall to wall action and great character interaction make for a very enjoyable read month in and month out.

Flash by Geoff Johns and Howard Porter
    Classic superheroics. Johns has taken the Flash's rogues and amped them up. No longer are they cheesy characters with gimmicks. They are truly horrifying now. Plus, Johns has given them background stories that make them human (see the Captain Cold issue). Great great stuff here.

Honorable mentions go to:

Stormwatch: Team Achilles - military superhero action
    Way of the Rat - Hong Kong style kung fu action along the lines of a Jackie Chan movie
    Wonder Woman - great stuff...Greg Rucka's the first writer who's kept me on this book longer than four issues
    Gotham Central - crime drama set in Gotham City (Batman is there, but usually in the background)
    Queen & Country - spy thriller by Greg Rucka focusing on field operatives of MI6
    Sword of Dracula - a descendant of Van Helsing leads a military force in the hunt for Dracula, who now is nearly godlike in his power
    Walking Dead - excellent zombie story along the lines of 28 Days
    Abadazad - great children's fantasy

And for those of you interested, my monthly pull list consists of:

Abadazad
    Action Comics
    Adventures of Superman
    Alpha Flight
    Alternation
    Amazing Spider-Man
    Astonishing X-Men
    Authority
    Avengers
    Avengers/Thunderbolts
    Batman
    Batman: Gotham Knights
    Birds of Prey
    Brath
    Cable/Deadpool
    Captain America
    Captain America & Falcon
    Captain Marvel
    Common Grounds
    Conan
    Daredevil
    Darkness
    David & Goliath
    Detective Comics
    District X
    El Cazador
    Ekos
    Ex Machina
    Excalibur
    Fables
    Fallen Angel
    Fantastic Four
    Fathom: Dawn of War
    Firestorm
    Flash
    Ghostbusters
    GI Joe
    Gotham Central
    Green Arrow
    Green Lantern
    Gypsy Rose
    Incredible Hulk
    Invaders
    Iron Fist
    Iron Man
    JLA
    JSA
    Julia Cruz: Evolution Cop
    Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
    Losers
    Negation
    Negation War
    New X-Men
    Outsiders
    Patient Zero
    Planetary
    Powers
    PS238
    Punisher
    Queen & Country
    Rex Mundi
    Robin
    She-Hulk
    Shi: Ju Nen
    Small Gods
    Sojourn
    Soulfire
    Spawn
    Spectacular Spider-Man
    Spider-Man
    Star Wars: Empire
    Star Wars: Republic
    Star Wars Tales
    Stormwatch: Team Achilles
    Strykeforce
    Superman
    Superman/Batman
    Sword of Dracula
    Teen Titans
    Thor
    Transformers: G1
    Transformers: War Within
    Uncanny X-Men
    Walking Dead
    Waterloo Sunset
    Way of the Rat
    Witchblade
    Witchblade: Blood Oath
    Wizard
    Wolverine
    Wonder Woman
    X-Men
    Y: The Last Man

Registered as What?
    Warewolf...um...WOW!!!!!!!!1

Fanboy Extraordinaire! Warewolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Priestvyrce
    Warewolf...um...WOW!!!!!!!!1
    Yup.......

King of the Lurkers. Moderator Keyoke's Avatar
    Maybe you should post what you don't read.

Well, what I'm reading now.. Let me think..

Favorite Titles currently:

Ultimate X-Men - Great series. Better than the regular run (Till Claremont takes over, then, we hope it'll improve)

Ultimate Four (Good stuff)

Powers (Always good)

30 Days [Return to Barrow} (The third volume in this series) - Had to comment on this one. AMAZING HORROR. I mean, this stuff is great. Writer Steven Niles, and art by Ben Templesmith. This is one of the comics that will be on the big screen one day, but, it'll never do it justice since the art is such a pivotal part of the story.

Supreme Power - JMS (Dude from B5, and Amazing Spider-Man) And Gary Frank (art) show what happens to a world who is seeing the emergence of super beings. GREAT TITLE!

Here are the rest of my titles (Copied).. If they have some sort of mark next to them, it's cause I'm probably considering dropping the title.

1. Flash
    2. Monolith
    3. Powers
    4. Savage Dragon
    5. X-Men
    6. Uncanny X-Men
    7. Spawn
    8. Daredevil
    9. Ultimate X-Men
    10. Ultimate Spider-Man
    11. Ultimate 4
    12. Amazing Spider-Man
    13. Captain Marvel (Issue #25 last one)
    14. Tarot Witch of the Blackrose (Bi-Monthly)
    15. Batman
    16. Fallen Angel
    17. Outsiders
    18. Teen Titans
    19. Spec Spider-Man
    20. Supreme Power
    21. Batman/Super-Man
    22. Runaways <?>
    23. JSA

13. Captain Marvel (Issue #25 last one)
    What! Thank you for telling me. It seems that the news doesn't travel to the frozen north. Do you know if they plan to relaunch it or something?

I finally remebered to bring my comicbook list:
    DC
    JLA (loved the trades. Hopefully they continued to be as great)
    JSA,
    Nightwing (an old favourite. I was a bit worried for a while, but no longer)
    Teen Titans (not so sure. I'm an old Titans fan, but I never had any interest in the Young Justice comic)
    Outsiders (almost like the old Titans title. I like!)
    Wonder Woman
    Elfquest (I'm an old fan of EQ as well. Very glad to see that DC publishes new material, too. Even if it is in hardcover... )

Vertigo
    Lucifer

Dark Horse
    Blade of the Immortal (I like it very much!)

Marvel
    Avengers
    Captain Marvel
    Exiles
    Excalibur
    Fantastic Four
    Inhumans
    Silver Surfer (not as cosmic as I expected)
    Thor (very intereting current storyline)
    Ultimates
    X-treme X-men (Still haven't gotten the last 2 issues)

Wildstorm
    Authority, vol 2 (sigh)
    Planetary
    Promethea
    Tom Strong (another strong favourite)
    Terrific Tales of Tom Strong
    Wildcats

Also, the Finnish editions of these comics:
    - Mega which shows various Marvel comics. This year we have seen Hulk and Ultimates.
    - Spider-Man
    - X-men. They used to have both Uncanny X-Men and New X-men. However, currently they have Uncanny and X-treme X-men.
    - Witchblade/ Darkness. Also has Rising Stars, Kin, and Witchblade specials and miniseries.
    - DC comics has just started and they have Superman (Birthright), Batman (Hush) and Kingdom Come.
    - Ranma 1/2
    - almost forgot: Star Wars. Published 4 times a year.
    Last edited by Blackwing; May 18th, 2004 at 06:59 AM.

I haven't had a chance to read many comics or graphic novels this year, finding most of them overpriced. I did read Warren Ellis' Orbiter which I thought was very good. A beautiful meditation on space exploration. Also read LXG vol. 2 which I also liked, but maybe not as much as the first volume.

Registered as What?
    Quote Originally Posted by Monosylabik
    I haven't had a chance to read many comics or graphic novels this year, finding most of them overpriced. I did read Warren Ellis' Orbiter which I thought was very good. A beautiful meditation on space exploration. Also read LXG vol. 2 which I also liked, but maybe not as much as the first volume.
    Vol. 2 of LOEG was definitely a step down from volume 1 and that's sad, since volume 2 started out so cool!

Vol. 2 of LOEG was definitely a step down from volume 1 and that's sad, since volume 2 started out so cool!
    Well, there was sporadic coolness. My favourite scene was the Invisible Man's blood slowly appearing on Mr. Hyde's shirt.

doesnt anyone read 200AD or Judge Dredd .Judge Anderson is the coolest character ever

Registered as What?
    Quote Originally Posted by magze
    doesnt anyone read 200AD or Judge Dredd .Judge Anderson is the coolest character ever

Fell in love with the old 2000AD/Judge Dredd comics with their Brian Bolland covers. They were just brilliant! And yes, Judge Anderson is a very cool character.

2000AD was a favourite of mine as a kid in the eighties. Judge Dredd, Slann, Halo Jones - loved 'em all. It's well past its heyday now, though, sadly like most things I enjoyed when I was younger.

Registered as What?
    2000AD was a favourite of mine as a kid in the eighties. Judge Dredd, Slann, Halo Jones - loved 'em all. It's well past its heyday now, though, sadly like most things I enjoyed when I was younger.
    Yes, they were a hoot to read back in the day, but when DC tried to renew the series, they just ruined it(this happened back in the mid 90s?). Some things should stay in the past, where you can remember them fondly.

I've been re-reading the Frank Miller run on Daredevil from the 1980-2. So very cool. The death of Elektra is one of the best moments in comic book hisotry.

Registered as What?
    I've been re-reading the Frank Miller run on Daredevil from the 1980-2. So very cool. The death of Elektra is one of the best moments in comic book hisotry.
    Too bad they brought her back. Sometimes, a death should stay a death. Have you read Miller's Sin City series? I , at first, was hesitant to read them, but once I did, I loved them. I've read all the TPBs. My fave: Yellow Bastard.

Too bad they brought her back. Sometimes, a death should stay a death. Have you read Miller's Sin City series? I , at first, was hesitant to read them, but once I did, I loved them. I've read all the TPBs. My fave: Yellow Bastard.
    In my mind she stayed dead.

I've read a little of Sin City but nevery got into. One day...