Page 5 of 64 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Damn, hat a difference a good 6 months makes, Pull list is changed since my post at the top of the page:

FLASH
    JSA - Dropped - Cared less and less about what was happening
    SUPREME POWER - Dropped - Boring
    AMAZING SPIDER-MAN - Dropped - JMS bores me and what he did to Gwen Stacy was pretty lame
    WONDER WOMAN
    BATMAN
    DETECTIVE COMICS
    BATMAN: GOTHAM KNIGHTS - Dropped lost interest after War games
    NIGHTWING - dropped
    CONAN
    REX MUNDI
    FANTASTIC FOUR
    GREEN LANTERN
    SUPERMAN - dropped ss....l.....o.....ww
    ACTION COMICS

SUPERMAN: BIRTHRIGHT - ended
    THE MONOLITH - Cancelled
    Y: THE LAST MAN (In trades)
    FABLES (in trades)

FANTASTIC FOUR may be dropped since Waid is no longer writiing. I've also added THE HULK since PAD is back, I've added GrimJack and EX MACHINA, too. I will be picking up Morrison's 7 Soldiers stuff.

I just ordered the following trades:

Batman: Hush Vol1
    Batman: Hush Vol2
    The Astonishing X-men
    The Walking Dead

Other than those, I'm re-reading my Planetary collection.

King of the Lurkers. Moderator Keyoke's Avatar
    I've also dropped Amazing Spider-Man. It so boring.. I dont think I've read a single issue of it for the last 6 months. I was hoping something would grab me, but, to no avail.

Supreme Power I am still loving though..

I've dropped JSA as well, but, I dropped because every issue comes out is so steep in DC history. I dont know alot about DC history, so, the stories have zero impact on me. Some long dead villain/character appears, and I'm like. "oh.. huh?"

I've added a few titles. I'm enjoying Wildstorm titles of Majestic and Intimates. Majestic has a great 'galatic' feel to it, that Marvel completely missed with its horrid Silver Surfer title. I am hoping DC will capture some of that with it's new Green Lantern series.

Also Adam Strange is a amazing series.

Keyoke

My pull list:

Conan - Good book, love the art, though they can make some improvments.

Supreme Power - Probably my favorite book out there right now. Amazing book, the battle in issue #14, amazing.

Unlimates vol 2 - I love it more than the first 13 issues. The Thor arc is great, and if you look closely, you can see his brother 'Gunnar Goleman' (aka Loki) in pervious ultimate vol 2 issues convinently walking around in the background.

Untilmate Secrets - Ultimate Capt Marv-ell, need I say more?

Hulk - PAD, nuff said

Nightwing - Havent picked up year one yet.

Naruto - amazing manga. the fight scenes are the best ive seen, very thought out.

TeenTitans - good fun book.

Lord of the Wild Hunt Mithfânion's Avatar
    Picked up the first trade of Busiek's Conan, Transformers: The War within and the trade of The Inhumans. Very nice one and all.

Next month I'm getting the Supreme Power hardcover and X-Men:Age of Apocalypse, a 370 pages collected edition, as well as Gaiman's 1602, also in hardcover.

King of the Lurkers. Moderator Keyoke's Avatar
    Just wanted to point out the Ultimates. I've just read the last 5 issues in a row, and all I gotta say is WoW.

What a great title.

I am really enjoying this title, and most the other titles that Mark Millar is doing. He is doing some excellent work on Wolverine as well.

Keyoke

Registered as What?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyoke
    Just wanted to point out the Ultimates. I've just read the last 5 issues in a row, and all I gotta say is WoW.

What a great title.

I am really enjoying this title, and most the other titles that Mark Millar is doing. He is doing some excellent work on Wolverine as well.

Keyoke
    Not only is this comic getting better with each issue, it's basically on time!!! Which was the curse of Volume One.

Oh, I've been reading IDW's Grimjack by Ostrander and Truman. It's about John Gaunt's time as part of a secret cadre. You see how alot of the original supporting characters came to be. A versy satisfying read.

There was a sale on my "local" comics store and, the New Avengers being what they are, I bought a few classics:

DC
    JLA/JSA: Virtue and Vice
    Seven of the most powerful members of the two Leagues turn against the others and fight ensues.

Despite the simple premise and story the album is enjoyable even if it's not really good. The heroes struggle against each other and only three villains are seen in the whole album. Pacheco is one of my favourite artists, which doesn’t hurt.

Formerly Known as the Justice League
    Keith Giffen and J. M. DeMatteis are one of the best writers of comic heroism. I loved their wacky JLA and they are back. The apparently android Maxwell Lord gathers up most of the earlier team with the addition of the innocent Mary Marvel.

I’m not too fond of the art but it seems appropriate for the series. Hopefully we’ll get more!

Wonder Woman: Gods and mortals
    First of the George Perez reprints. This is the first time I’ve seen Diana’s origin story. There are a lot of stuff there and a few bits seem like Perez tries to gel different stories into a coherent whole, but mostly it works nicely.

Wonder Woman: the Challenge of the Gods
    Second of the George Perez reprints. Lovely art and story is good, too. It focuses on Diana's struggle to prove the worth of the Amazons to the Roman gods. Several classic monsters are in the story, like harpies and a seven-headed hydra. I love this. Diana's mythic roots are the things, which separate her from the other myriad superheroes and -heroines. They should be used as much as possible and Perez does it. I’m looking forward to the next volumes!

The is just one mistake: there are two issues of WW, which are cross-overs and the other (JLA?) issues are not included. Even the mentions to those issues are deleted so I don't even know where to look for them. There would have been room enough to include at least the one of them.

Marvel
    Avengers: Under Siege
    This volume collects the classic tale of Masters of Evil storming into Avengers mansion and kicking Avengers' ass. One of the best non-cosmic tales of Avengers.

Avengers: the Korvac Saga
    This multi-issue epic (not cross-over yay!) includes classic moments like the introduction of Henry Gyrich and the cancelling of the Avengers' special privileges. Guest-stars include the Guardians of the Galaxy, Captain Marvel, Ms Marvel and Nighthawk.

Classic cosmis Avengers action with character interaction, a couple of mysteries to solve and bad guys to beat.

Phil Foglio's Girl Genius. Mad science run amuck.

Lord of the Wild Hunt Mithfânion's Avatar
    I've been reading the "Astonishing X-men Vol.1" trade this weekend and it has left me absolutely breathless for the next trade. Superb art, a great engaging story, interesting characters and the return of a character that always rated as a personal favorite. Very cool. 8.5 stars out of 10.

Loveable Rogue Moderator juzzza's Avatar
    A few days ago I noticed Mieville's 'King Rat' and a pretty large graphic novel section in my local Ottakar's... so went in today to grab the book and browse the graphics, with no intention of buying anything.

I now have Slaine: Warrior's Dawn and The Sandman: The Wake on my desk at work, begging to be read!

Filthy Assistants! Moderator kater's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Recently taken a liking to Stormwatch, the Authority and the Losers, of which the Losers is my favourite, witty writing with strong visuals and a dirty dozen/A-Team feel makes it worth picking up as a gn/tpb.

Tasty or your money back! Moderator fluffy bunny's Avatar
    Well the 1st Ex Machina trade was pretty decent, though I'm not quite sure it lives up to all the praise garnered on it. Yet another 'what if...' from the writer of Y-The Last man. What if a superhero appeared amonst us today? How would the world react etc etc. The scale isn't quite as large as I'd expect, with some of the conflict in the 1st trade seeming trivial. Expecting big things of the later trades however.

Y-The Last Man "One last sep" trade was a good read, even if the author's strayed away from the premise of the 1st trade a little.

Was reading through a few trades in the central Leeds library today, and found a decent trade from a series I hadn't read for some time - Catwoman Crooked Little Town. Lots of dodgy dealings, corrupt cops, drug running (in a similar vein to the film Maria Full of Grace. I'm enjoying this one more than Brubaker's Gotham Central and Sleeper to be honest.

I'm turning into a big fan of BKV's stuff - I liked the first arc of Ex Machina and I'm liking the rest of the series. I'm picking it up in monthlies.

I read Batman: The Long Halloween by Loeb and Sale. This came out during one of my comic-book hiatuses and I finally caught up with it. Sale's art is very good, though I admit to being surprised at the amount of splash pages he used. On the whole, at least in collected format, the story was very enjoyable and I'll eventually get my hands on some of the other Loeb/Sale collaborations. I saw a lot of storytelling elements in Batman: The Long Halloween reappear in Loeb's Hush storyline, I hope this doesn't bode for a recycling act for Loeb's other stories.

Filthy Assistants! Moderator kater's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Dark Victory is probably the best Sale/Loeb Batman collaboration, set just after the events of Long Halloween. Doesn't Haunted Knight collect those two stories and a third together? Can't remember. I'm not a Spiderman fan and I only read Superman when it's a Batman/Superman piece (and those aren't great) so the rest of the Sale/Loeb collabs I don't know much about, although Hulk: Gray has had some good reviews.

I was hoping someone could help me with a few things; I've been looking at Transmetropolitan for a long time and still can't make my mind up whether to dive in or not, now that the finished run has been collected into trades. Anyone have any thoughts on it? Also I've recently seen what I think is a one-off Mark Millar piece called Wanted and I was wondering if anyone know anything about it?