Page 11 of 64 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    Interesting, I spotted the TRON comic and pondered getting it, as I'm something of a fan of both the movie and the game (both hugely flawed in their own ways, but also quite remarkable in others). It is a limited series, or an ongoing thing?

Recently I've bought Batman:Year One, which for some reason I've never read, as well as volume 3 of Gotham Central. Looking forward to reading both.

Took a look at the first issue of the new 'Civil War' marvel comic event yesterday. I enjoyed it, no doubt, but I can't help but feel that this area has already been done before elsewhere (and probably a little better): 'Rising Stars', 'Watchmen' etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarn
    It is a limited series, or an ongoing thing?
    I think it's going to be an every other month release, and will be limited. Of course, that could change depending on sales.

Registered as What?
    Just read #1 52. Not bad, but not great either. Though it is a set-up issue(as most first issues tend to be), it was a bit of a mess though I am interested in the Montoya/The Question pairing and what is up with Ralph Digby/The Elongated Man.

Just pickd up before Batman Secrets 3 of 5.

And Legends No 34.

Not had a chance to read the latter, probably will later on. As to Secrets well the frist two were very good, namely becasue of the derranged Joker popping up on every page, to doing something wacky and manical. Though he's a bit subdued in this part, ah well, its still a worthy read, though the first two were better, the art is impressive, its all jagged and imperfect looking, tis good.

Filthy Assistants! Moderator kater's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The third Gotham Central trade, more action packed and chunkier than the first two but I don't like the way they just skipped the whole aftermath of Montoya being 'outed'.

Rising Stars Volume 1 - a revisit for me, can't get enough of RS, if anything I think it's superior to Supreme Power.

Wolverine: Origins and Endings. I own Origin and I own The End so it seemed to make sense to get this too, turns out to be almost as much a waste of time as the other two. I don't get why they have to do trades that are 'to be continued' surely that's the point of a trade in the first place, to encompass the whole story arc unless it's 20+ issues long or spread across multiple titles. Plus wtf are they doing to Logan, or should that be James, storyline, terrible decision by the Marvel powerbrokers.

Currently my monthly reads are:

The Goon.
    Battle Pope.
    Invincible.
    Walking Dead.
    Astonishing X-Men.
    Powers.
    The Gift.
    Ultimate Fantastic Four.
    GI Joe America's Elite.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizz
    Currently my monthly reads are:

Battle Pope.
    Invincible.
    Walking Dead.
    [looks at avatar] I would never have guessed you were a Kirkman fan.

I'm kind of enjoying the Planet Hulk storyline right now. Reminiscent of Gladiator in some ways.

I'm giving the new Moon Knight series a try, I really enjoyed series writer Charlie Huston's Already Dead.

In trades I'm still keeping up with Y and Hellboy and I've got to start up with The Walking Dead.

I'm stoked for Planet Hulk...although I decided it best to wait for the trade. I just hope that they make one. I'm kind of assuming a story as big as this will eventually be collected in a HC or trade at the very least.

Until then I'll just read(browse) the issues as they come out in the store.

And ya, I'm a Kirkman fanboy.

My favorite comics are the Phantom (not Phantom published by moonstone because I haven't read any) and Mandrake by Lee Falk, Modesty Blaise and ElfQuest.
    I also read Asterix, Donald Duck, Tintin, Flash Gordon.

Alot of the comics I saw mentioned in this thread are comics I've wanted to read, but never gotten around to because they weren't sold where I grew up.

Blog Entries
    Garth Ennis Punisher run from In The Beginning to the end of Slaver, WOW - talk about gritty, gut-wrenching **** seems like the two were made for each other. Not some pathetic vigilante badguy for some of Marvel's finest to beat on but a brutal human being who just decided to walk over the line. It's dark, bloody and unflinchingly brutal but I could not put them down. Compelling.

Blog Entries
    Been reading a lot lately but also avoiding a lot of titles as I don't want to fuel the habit much more than it is, so I was hoping if I put a list of titles up you guys could help me out with anything really, really worth reading (some on the list are a bit obscure):

Fables
    Exiles
    Lucifer (tpbs)
    Conan
    Fear Agent
    Firestorm the Nuclear Man
    Invincible
    Manhunter
    Nextwave - Agents of H.A.T.E
    NYX
    Shadowpact
    Silent Dragon
    The Necromancer
    Warlord

Registered as What?
    Quote Originally Posted by kater
    Been reading a lot lately but also avoiding a lot of titles as I don't want to fuel the habit much more than it is, so I was hoping if I put a list of titles up you guys could help me out with anything really, really worth reading (some on the list are a bit obscure):

Fables
    Exiles
    Lucifer (tpbs)
    Conan
    Fear Agent
    Firestorm the Nuclear Man
    Invincible
    Manhunter
    Nextwave - Agents of H.A.T.E
    NYX
    Shadowpact
    Silent Dragon
    The Necromancer
    Warlord
    Fables-Love.LOVE, this series!
    Exiles-some truely fantastic characters and stories.
    Lucifer (tpbs)-As this series is over with(issue 75 is its last), I think that Carey put together a fantastic and utterly satisfying mythology.
    Conan-The Babrbarian is BACK!
    Shadowpact-Jury still out on the ongoing series, LOVED the mini.
    Invincible-a Fun, FUN series.
    Manhunter-an intriguing and believeable character.
    Nextwave - Agents of H.A.T.E-ABSOLUTELY Ellis' best superhero comic. Reminds me of Giffen's JLA , but with more bite.

As to add to this list, The Hulk is really is becoming a thrilling and wild series. The whole Planet Hulk story line is the best that the Hulk has been in many a year.

Daredevil-Bendis did wonderful things with this character and Brubaker is continuing the tradition.

Y: The Last Man is very intelligent and human.

And I am loving DC's 52 weekly comic.

Blog Entries
    Bugger - that means they're all worth looking at then, thanks

I've been following Planet Hulk - I'm a sucker for 'big' events and enjoying it a lot, I have six issues of 52 to catch up on and am losing interest in Y-The Last Man tbh. Never been a big Daredevil fan so I'll keep avoiding it just to make my list a little shorter - thanks again Priest *starts saving more*

Fables is astounding, and seems to get better with each volume. I picked up the latest this weekend, and it's superb. Make sure you start with volume 1 though - brilliant storytelling. Probably my favourite comic book I've discovered to date, I can't recommend it enough.

It does get off to a bit of a slow start, though, so if you're a bit underwhelmed by volume 1, stick with it!