Page 12 of 64 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    Fables - PRobably my favorite monthly on the shelves right now, consistently engaging and has the best cover artist - James Jean

Exiles - never read it, but it sounds interesting. I'm not much of a Marvel fanboy so.

Lucifer (tpbs) - I have the first trade thought it was OK, but haven't felt too compelled to pick utp the remaining books.

Conan - I dropped this a while a go. I liked it out of the gate and thought Busiek was doing a good job, but it kept getting lower and lower on my stack until it was the last book I read from the pull list.

Fear Agent - I liked the first couple of issues, but it keeps selling out. Good scifi here.

Firestorm the Nuclear Man - meh.

Invincible - I've been meaning to get into this myself, I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Manhunter - haven't read it, but it has received some good buzz. DC just rescued it from cancellation.

Nextwave - Agents of H.A.T.E - I think Waren Ellis is overrated.

NYX - I don't like Bendis's writing at all.

Shadowpact - Interesting, but not interesting enough for me to add it to the pull list.

Silent Dragon - meh.

The Necromancer - ???

Warlord - I haven't like anything I've read by Bruce Jones, so I didn't even try this one.

Filthy Assistants! Moderator kater's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thanks Rob, I'm going to try Fables, Fear Agent, Invincible, Manhunter and Nextwave (I love Ellis ) and see how that goes, I'll hang around for any tpb's of the others but I'ma ll budgeted out now

Destroyer of Narutards Naru-Rin's Avatar
    Death note-I have every chapter in existence. It finished a month or two ago.
    Bleach-I'm not exactly up to date YET.
    Naruto-the same for the above.
    Fullmetal Alchemist-upto volume 7, now. Just need to buy MORE!!!
    D. Gray-man-Need volume 2. I've read vol. 1 over and over.
    XXXholic-Um.....stuff..

Been reading a fair bit of manga over the past couple days. Am up to Volume 4 in Tenjho Tenge. Volume 2 in Cowboy Bebop. A little into Volume 1 of Basilisk. Also thinking of continuing or starting over manga like GTO, Chobits, and others.

Finished Old Boy V.1

Damn great manga, can't wait to continue with the next volume!

EDIT: I have also just finished Phantom Volume 1. Not bad, fairly entertaining futuristic gundam-style action manga (obviously involving mechs and terrorist groups!).
    Last edited by Monty Mike; January 18th, 2007 at 04:04 PM.

Just finished B'T X Volume 1 by Masami Kurumada. This felt like one of the most mediocre mangas I have ever read. The art was actually below average in my opinion and just felt incredibly generic for the most part. The story did not appeal to me at all and I didn't really care for the characters either. I won't be bothering with the second volume - just as well I borrowed from the library!

Alternatively, it may just be aimed at a much yonuger audience.
    Last edited by Monty Mike; January 21st, 2007 at 11:36 AM.

I feel stupid being the only poster here. Alas...

Just finished Buddha Volume 1: Kapilavastu by Osamu Tezuka. By graphic novel standards this was a large one at exactly 400 pages, but it seemed to be as swift a read as any manga. The art seemed fairly western in style, something I was not initially expecting but grew to enjoy.

Overall I was very satisfied with this manga. This first volume is mostly about introducing initial characters and giving the reader some backstory. The birth of Buddha occurs near the ending. It had me angry at parts but also had me laughing. Tezuka writes it in a very human way. I will be ordering Volume 2. Kudos.

Uh, Moderator
    I had a read of Gaiman/McKean's Mr. Punch last night. I'm definitely going to have to re-read it. One of the interesting things about the art is how Punch is represented as opposed to the other characters/puppets - it's an interesting take on presenting memory in a visual form.

I'm hoping to grab the lastest trade of Y: The Last Man today as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Eventine View Post
    I'm hoping to grab the lastest trade of Y: The Last Man today as well.
    Is the new one out? We've been waiting for it for months! If so, I think a trip to the comic shop is called for this weekend!

Uh, Moderator
    According to the web site of the local store it is.
    Unfortunately I got there 5 minutes after they closed. Maybe today...

Reading Green Lantern Corps. Just plain simple fun.

Reading the Seven soldiers of Victory graphic novels not a bad read so far. Always good to see the Phantom Stranger and Zatanna.

Read a few Graphic Novels recently ..

Brief Lives by Gaiman
    The Dark Knight Returns by Miller

Both superb, the latter work especially.

Filthy Assistants! Moderator kater's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Recent trades include Annihilation vol 1 HB (sweet) the second DMZ trade which really is turning into a decent read, Fear Agent vol 1 because it's plain fun and Testament vol 2 just in case my mind isn't friend enough already.

Finished Old Boy, Volume 3.

Also been reading some Tenjho Tenge now and then.