Page 3 of 64 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Another great Miller series are the MARTHA WASHINGTON minis. The first was probably the best, drawn by Dave Gibbons.

Here's my monthly pull-list
    FLASH
    JSA
    SUPREME POWER
    AMAZING SPIDER-MAN
    BATMAN
    DETECTIVE COMICS
    BATMAN: GOTHAM KNIGHTS
    NIGHTWING
    CONAN
    REX MUNDI
    FANTASTIC FOUR
    GREEN LANTERN
    SUPERMAN
    ACTION COMICS
    SUPERMAN: BIRTHRIGHT
    THE MONOLITH
    Y: THE LAST MAN (In trades)
    FABLES (in trades)

Registered as What?
    FItz, you and I have nearly the same pull lis, except I have ALL the Batman titles and no Superman. Plus, I get the Ultimate titles and the X-men(not all, but most of them).

I can't believe you guys have so much disposable income to spend on comics! I can really only afford TPBs. I'm still working my way through Preacher. I'm up to vol. 4. Also, I've only just started Sandman which I'm finding quite brilliant. Have to pick up Planetary vol. 3 sometime soon too.

Registered as What?
    The sad thing about Preacher is in the end, it is a let down. I got into it through TPBs and then started collecting it monthly. It was definitely an interesting fantasy, but I felt that Ennis didn't go all the way that I thought he would.

Quote Originally Posted by Priestvyrce
    FItz, you and I have nearly the same pull lis, except I have ALL the Batman titles and no Superman. Plus, I get the Ultimate titles and the X-men(not all, but most of them).
    I just don't like the whole concept of the ULTIMATE line, though I did pick up UFF #1 and maybe will again because of Ellis. I gave up on the X-titles about 8 years ago.

Right now I'm in the middle of THOR: VISIONARIES Walter Simonson.

Registered as What?
    What do you think of the Avengers Disassemble story line? I've liked what I've read so far. You know the one Marvel title that has rocking and that is Thor. Dan Jurgens has(or should say had turned, since he is off the comic now) a character that was a joke and made him viable again. And Oeming's first two issues shows that he has a fine handle on the Thunder God.

I haven't read any of the Avengers Dissasembled titles, Bendis doesn't do much for me. Though honestly, I haven't read all that much from him, and what I have has left me nonplussed.

Loved Oemings HAMMER OF THE GODS though.
    Last edited by Fitz; March 3rd, 2005 at 11:23 AM.

I'm with Fitz. Bendis seems talented but he's yet to really impress me.

Re Preacher, I've heard it drops off badly in the last half from others. I guess I'll just have to keep reading and make my own judgement.

Right now I'm just so rapped in Sandman. I can't believe it took me so long to read this.

Registered as What?
    Quote Originally Posted by Monosylabik
    I'm with Fitz. Bendis seems talented but he's yet to really impress me.

Re Preacher, I've heard it drops off badly in the last half from others. I guess I'll just have to keep reading and make my own judgement.

Right now I'm just so rapped in Sandman. I can't believe it took me so long to read this.
    And it (Sandman) just gets better though the finale to the whole series got a lot mixed feelings, I liked it.

Registered as What?
    Oh and if any of you enjoy/ed Sandman and the ilk, try Fables from Vertigo it is written by Bill "Ironwood/Elementals" Willingham. It is fantastic.

I picked up a few issues of Fables and liked it. Might try to get back into it.

I haven't read any tights titles from Marvel or DC in ages, but I'm hearing good things about Nyx, Wonder Woman (!?), Supreme Power, Daredevil, Marvel Knights Fantastic Four and Wanted.

Opinions?

Registered as What?
    Quote Originally Posted by Monosylabik
    I picked up a few issues of Fables and liked it. Might try to get back into it.

I haven't read any tights titles from Marvel or DC in ages, but I'm hearing good things about Nyx, Wonder Woman (!?), Supreme Power, Daredevil, Marvel Knights Fantastic Four and Wanted.

Opinions?
    Nyx- I hear rumors that it is being cancelled shortly. Not sure why, because it is a wonderrfully told story with some fantastic art.

Greg Rucka is writing Wonder Woman and he is making her a more fully realized character than she has been in a while. It always surprises me that this character with such potential is written so badly.

Supreme Power is DE Snizzle Me Grizzle! It is a probably what Rising Stars should have been. Eleven issues in and we still don't know a thing about this world! Yet, we've got incredibly well-rounded characters from the main to the supporting. JMS best writng and Gary Frank is spot on.

Daredevil- this is the type of hero Bendis can write. Dardevil hasn't been this vital for a while, though the dialogue isn't as crisp as it was when Bendis started out, its still good.

MK Fantastic Four- This McNiven(?) guy draws the most sexiest Susan Richards EVER. I'm talking tight sweater and stuff, but she and the rest are so well rendered, you read with amazment. And tye stories are interresting too.

Wanted- it piqued my interest with issue 1, but even I don't have an endless supply of money, so I'm picking it up once it comes out in TPB and You KNOW that it is coming out in TPB.

Greg Rucka is writing Wonder Woman and he is making her a more fully realized character than she has been in a while. It always surprises me that this character with such potential is written so badly.

Wanted- it piqued my interest with issue 1, but even I don't have an endless supply of money, so I'm picking it up once it comes out in TPB and You KNOW that it is coming out in TPB.
    Wanted is OK, Millar is one of the more over-rated writers in the Industry, IMHO.

Crap, forgot to mention WW on my pull list, loving what Rucka's doing.

news: Busiek will be writing an 8issue arc of JLA and will become the permanent writer. there will be an arc by Jurgens/Slot between Busieks initial arc and start as permanent writer.

Well, I went into my local comic book store today and found they have sold out to a music company and are nolonger selling comics.

But they were having 40% off on everything so I grabbed up a whole bunch of Bendis Daredevil going back to issue 50 and the rest of the Preacher tpb.

Now I have to find a new source for me comic fix.

What do you think of the Avengers Disassemble story line? I've liked what I've read so far.
    Me too. I've read 3 Thor issues and liked them. However, I'm going to be hugely surprised if they aren't going to resurrect at least most of the supporting cast at some point.

Usually I loath crossover storylines because it's very hard to try to get them all here. I'd have to know several months before which comic is going to continue the story so that I could order them in advance. Which is bascily the only way to get them. It seems that comics in general sell so badly here that the distributors won't order extra copies.

This time I will not try to pick up the "extra" storylines. I'll just have to be contet with the comics I've already ordered, Avengers and Thor.