Page 57 of 64 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast
    B.P.R.D. Hell On Earth: The Pickens County Horror #2 fell onto my iPod today, along with one or two other B.P.R.D. comics (free ones), so I've got that to read tonight.

Um... The Archies/Josie & the Pussycats arrived this week and I read that, and it wasn't bad. Nothing standout, though, but a nice little read. Waiting on The Best of Josie & the Pussycats to compliment it, however.

On top of that, I've put in my pre-orders for June. Morning Glories vol. #3 as I'm enjoying the series, Mind the Gap #2 as I'm getting the first next weekend and I want to see what it's about, Life With Archie #21 (Dan DeCarlo variant) for support's sake, Dark Horse Presents because Phil Noto, and this is where kater is going to lose respect for me - Before Watchmen: Silk Spectre #1 and Before Watchmen: Minutemen #1. Didn't order the others as I have absolutely no interest in them whatsoever.

The Best of Josie & the Pussycats came and it was rather dull. That and the other Archie trade I got feel like a waste of £10, sadly, and they've shaken my confidence a bit.

But my July pre-orders also done for now! I've decided I won't go beyond the first issues of those Before Watchmen series, because I'm not into the whole Watchmen shebang as much as some others, and I just want to try them, and I also cancelled the pre-order of Life With Archie #21 as I was buying it for the sake of it - I can't read it as I'm not following that series. I'm getting the 14th Dark Horse Presents as it continues stories from the 13th (which I get in June), and I've also put The Ravagers #1+2 on pre-order - the third (and also the third Mind the Gap issue) will depend how much I enjoy it. Also gone for Adventure Time: Marceline & the Scream Queens #1 as it looks fun. Finally, I've pre-ordered two Marvel issues - Captain Marvel #1 and Avenging Spider-Man #9, both of which feature the new Captain Marvel and the start of Marvel's (next) only female-led ongoing.

I picked up Mind the Gap #1 this weekend (couldn't get Avenging Spider-Man #7 as it's been delayed by a week) and I found it okay. Very similar to its label mate Morning Glories in that it's a bit weird and so on. Looks like you have to pay attention to small details in it, which means it'll need a few reads before it makes sense. Not sure if I'll go monthly with it beyond #2 or if I'll wait for the trades.

Also picked up New Avengers #59 on Comixology as they were having a $0.99/£0.69 sale on Avengers titles due to the film release. Bendis on story, S. Immonen on art. Lovely. It was quite a fun issue, but I can't say I'm champing at the bit for more. I want to read more Spider-Woman, but it's at the cost of buying a team book.

Now I'm working my way through my FCBD haul. Will have the first set of reviews up this week, I hope.

I've also booked off the release dates of both parts of B.P.R.D.: Hell on Earth - Exorcism so that I can go to my LCS and pick them up.

I got around to reading the second issue of Saga and loved it as much the first. Alana and Marko are lovely characters and I think the art is brilliant.

I'm still finding it hard to get into Saucer Country -- I'm at a "it's me, not you" stage of my relationship with it. Characters, story or art are not engaging with me.

I have the first few issues of Brubaker's Fatale to read. Looks interesting.

I like to rock the party Corporal Blues's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke_B View Post
    I have the first few issues of Brubaker's Fatale to read. Looks interesting.
    I've been enjoying those so far, but I'm having a hard time reading them one at a time as they come out monthly...definitely lots of ins and outs to the story, and little details that slip though the cracks. I'm looking forward to rereading them in a big chunk once they've got a full story arc under their belts.

And yes, Saga is awesome.

Have you checked out Brandon Graham's Prophet? I highly recommend it.
    Last edited by Corporal Blues; May 11th, 2012 at 09:48 PM.

Nope, but I just grabbed the first issue based on your rec. Looks cool.

Nope, but I just grabbed the first issue based on your rec. Looks cool.
    Sweet! I hope you enjoy! I think you will.

I'm still finding it hard to get into Saucer Country -- I'm at a "it's me, not you" stage of my relationship with it. Characters, story or art are not engaging with me.
    I've got the trade added to my Amazon wishlist to get later this year. I just wasn't into the first issue enough, and I reckon it would benefit from being read a few issues at a time.

Richard Corben's Blackmoor
    The Walking Dead
    Any Hellboy Drawn by Richard Corben
    I have been reading a lot of Moebius since I found out about his death a few months ago.

Wolf Skin from Avatar
    Keeper of the Maser by Frezzato

Astonishing X-Men: Volume 1 by Joss Whedon and John Cassaday. Was hankering for more Whedon after seeing The Avengers last night and enjoying it. I picked up this and blasted through it. Most fun I've had with the X-Men since the 90s cartoon.

Registered User theonefirestorm's Avatar
    Tonight I'll be reading Issue 1 of the Limited series Villains for Hire.

Registered User theonefirestorm's Avatar
    Villains for Hire Issue 1

Lots of Action.
    Happy to see Shocker shown, interesting information that unopposed and unchecked Purple Man could become a power that would make even Kingpin look small. Misty Knight Has her own team Nightshade, Tiger Shark, Crossfire, and Bombshell. Clever lines, also found out something interesting about Nightshade.
    I'm interested to see what happens in issue 2.

So, um... any Top Cow experts around?

I mean some of it looks interesting but it's... all boobs and stuff. Like Aspen.

Still working my way through the Transmetropolitan series. I've read 7 of the 10 trades so far. I'm enjoying things quite a lot. The range of emotions each volume can provide is quite astounding. I'm hoping to find time to finish this series off sooner rather than later.

It never entered my mind algernoninc's Avatar
    I've reached the last volume of Transmetropolitan, too. Started it last year, read the first 3 or 4 volumes fast and then kind of lost steam. Now I'm interested mostly in getting the job done. Luckily, after meandering aimlessly for a while, the storyline is gearing up nicely for the finale, and the artwork has remained consistently good throughout.

Quote Originally Posted by algernoninc View Post
    I've reached the last volume of Transmetropolitan, too. Started it last year, read the first 3 or 4 volumes fast and then kind of lost steam. Now I'm interested mostly in getting the job done. Luckily, after meandering aimlessly for a while, the storyline is gearing up nicely for the finale, and the artwork has remained consistently good throughout.
    Yeah, Ellis has been known to meander.

As soon as I get the time, I plan to just read the last three volumes back-to-back-to-back. I like to binge on Transmetropolitan.

I agree, Robertson's art has been really great throughout the series. He really brings the city and all its denizens to life.