Page 7 of 64 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    Registered as What?
    Quote Originally Posted by saia
    I read wonder woman pretty regulalry, all the JLA comics. Its all about the jLA
    What did you think about the ending of this month's issue?

resident klutz
    The Authority, which is improving nicely. We'll see if it keeps it up.
    Astonishing X-Men, still great. I love Joss.
    Desolation Jones, by Ellis. It's hilarious. And serious. And wonderful.
    I also recently picked up Hellblazer TPB Fear and Loathing because I watched Constantine and kept thinking all through it: This isn't right...
    I like Constantine, but I prefer to view it as a separate entity so I don't get confused or irritated. When I get paid I'm getting Dangerous Habits and the others Garth Ennis wrote cos he's a genious too

Registered as What?
    Quote Originally Posted by fixx
    The Authority, which is improving nicely. We'll see if it keeps it up.
    Astonishing X-Men, still great. I love Joss.
    Desolation Jones, by Ellis. It's hilarious. And serious. And wonderful.
    I also recently picked up Hellblazer TPB Fear and Loathing because I watched Constantine and kept thinking all through it: This isn't right...
    I like Constantine, but I prefer to view it as a separate entity so I don't get confused or irritated. When I get paid I'm getting Dangerous Habits and the others Garth Ennis wrote cos he's a genious too
    have you read any of Ennis' Hitman and Preacher?? There will be a new Hitman story arc coming up JLA Classied some time this or next year.

Oh and I agree Desolation Jones is JUST BRILLIANT! The best Ellis story and character that I've read in a while.

Filthy Assistants! Moderator kater's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Has anyone read the Ballad of Halo Jones I think it's called? I've seen loads of recommendations but none with much detail about the actual storyline etc

resident klutz
    Quote Originally Posted by Priestvyrce
    have you read any of Ennis' Hitman and Preacher?? There will be a new Hitman story arc coming up JLA Classied some time this or next year.

Oh and I agree Desolation Jones is JUST BRILLIANT! The best Ellis story and character that I've read in a while.
    Yeah Priest, I've read some of Preacher, but haven't gotten around to Hitman yet. A friend is going to lend me his copies so I won't have to buy the!
    I will have to start reading JLA again.. Ellis is writing something for that book now. lol all of this is wrecking my budget. Fortunately Fell is cheap. Guys, check it out if you haven't yet. It is $1.99 only. Unless you live in Canada...

I've been picking up The Legend of Grimjack trades, by John Ostrander and Timothy Truman. I'd heard so much about this comic book of the 1980s I was really anticipating these trades since IDW's announcement last year that they were releasing them. Enjoyed Book 2 a lot and waiting to get my hands on Book 3.

I've been picking up The Legend of Grimjack and The Complete Jon Sable, Freelance trades from IDW, shame they're a bit on the expensive side but wonderful stuff nonetheless. Can't wait for their first Maze Agency in a couple of months time. What with these and the Nexus Archives from Dark Horse, it's a good time for fans of the 80's Independents, if only Dynamic Forces would hurry up and get their American Flagg hardcover out like they've been promising for months.

Wink X-Men

i love reading X-men comics, and i love writing stories

Blog Entries
    Picked up the latest 100 Bullets trade - The Hard Way and finished it all too quickly, looks like another interminable wait before the next one Also have my hands on some new Authority trades, the difference in styles post Ellis is interesting.

Blog Entries
    Anyone read Moore's Top Ten series? Are they worth getting in trades?

Top Ten is definitely worth getting in trades, Moore is in vintage form and the art by Gene Ha and Zander Cannon is superb, believe me they have to draw anything and everything in this series. Haven't read the second trade yet, in all honesty I haven't seen it around here for several months (but then again I haven't seen a couple of chairs around here for several months - must start boxing things up)
    Top Ten and Promethea are my two favourite of his recent ABC series, the latter being a heavier read.

Blog Entries
    Wicked - thanks Severance, I'd read a few good reviews on Amazon but you never know where they come from

Uh, Moderator
    I recently bought;
    Y: The Last Man (Unmanned, the first TPB)
    Hellboy: Seeds of Destruction
    Sandman: Preludes and Nocturnes
    Watchmen

I've read everything but Watchmen, of which I have 2 chapters left.

I was very impressed by Y: The Last Man, and a bit disappointed by Sandman, although I will try the next volume.

I just finished of my latest batch of 'Vampirella: Strikes' comics, getting more tomorrow, so that'll keep me going for a couple of hours.

Blog Entries
    Darkness tpb's 1-3 - a touch awkward plotline wise the Darkness creatures are still one of the funniest things in comic books and the stories are never dull.