L. Sprague de Camp recommendations?

Have recently read the Reluctant King trilogy, and am reading the first 3 Harold Shea novels, and realize I would like to read more by this author. His published list, of course, is very, very long. I had previously read some of his conan stuff long ago.

What other novels or collections are worth looking at by this author? is there anything that is widely considered worth skipping?

edit - my request for recommendations encompasses both the sci-fi and fantasy by this author. if a moderator wants to move this to the fantasy section it might be more appropriate.
    Last edited by Woofdog2; December 6th, 2011 at 09:49 AM.

Well you have to read:

Lest Darkness Fall

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lest_Darkness_Fall

The whole empire collapse theme is something that runs through huge amounts of science fiction.

psik
    Last edited by psikeyhackr; December 6th, 2011 at 09:04 PM.

Blog Entries
    There are 2 other novels in Reluctant King trilogy 'world'. The Fallible Fiend and The Honorable Barbarian. (couldn't tell from your post if you knew about them) I only know cus i have the whole set, and they are on my 'to read' list. They look like fun books.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael V. R. View Post
    There are 2 other novels in Reluctant King trilogy 'world'. The Fallible Fiend and The Honorable Barbarian. (couldn't tell from your post if you knew about them) I only know cus i have the whole set, and they are on my 'to read' list. They look like fun books.
    The Fallible Fiend is a fantastic book. Extremely funny. I haven't read many of deCamp's novels but never fail to be completely taken by many of his short stories that I've read. My favorite would be "The Lamp from Atlantis"

I need to read more of his novels too.