Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Is anyone else excited about this? I'm gonna catch it tomorrow, and I'm looking forward to it. Michel Gondry + Charlie Kaufmann = great stuff. I don't even think Jim Carrey as a variable can ruin this equation (he can actually be good under the right director, but I'm generally not a fan of his). I may eat these words, but hell, the plot alone is enough to warrant some praise. But we'll see.

Awesome. I loved it. Even Carrey was good. But this movie is enough to make your brain catch on fire. Pay close attention if you decide to see it.

I love Kaufmann but have no money. I'll have to dig into the couch for change.

This is my favorite script from Kaufmann since Being John Malkovich. Definitely worth seeing. But it's equally as odd as everything else he's done, and even more difficult to grasp at times. But I loved it. Michel Gondry did a fantastic job in the director's seat. He was a perfect choice (If you haven't seen his "director's series" DVD with all his music videos, you really should - they're amazing).

And as requested, here's a link to the trailer.

http://www.eternalsunshine.com/

Mmmm

Well ... I watched this one the other night , I found it hard not to like but there wasn't any kind of wow factor for me . I couldn't help the feeling it was trying to be a lot more than it really was , clever in parts but the wife and I were really bored with it about half way through . Carey's and Winslet's characters weren't likeable at all . Still I'd say to anyone asking , watchable , but not great . It could be I was expecting too much from a movie !

It was my favourite film of last year. I found their performances terrific, their characters touching, and the whole concept rivetting. Beautifully written. I think if you don't like them much, you probably wouldn't like adaptation which is Nicholas Cage playing Charlie Kauffman, his personality imbues his characters with his hang ups - like Woody Allen I suppose. I find his work quite moving.