Page 15 of 193 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast
    An imaginary place in my brain where creativity is appreciated!
    My progress... it is happening, I think. I'm so close to finishing Arden's Call I can nearly taste the last full stop. Not that I eat paper or computer moniters. Also, I used that snowflake thing to get a new work ready. I can write that one up any time now.

Where have I been? Moderator JRMurdock's Avatar
    I had a computer crash (or 2) Thank God for back-ups. At least I didn't blow out the old hard drive. I haven't been inactive though.

I'm currently up to 70 short stories for the year. Thanks to reader input, my stories have taken on a new dimension. The last few stories I sat down to do should have been 1000-2000 words in length, but they've been winding up 3000-4000 words in length. This is odd. The stories I'm doing now days are getting better. Such a strange feeling.

This is a comment from my latest story that will be published next year.

Now, then: this is one of the best stories we've had here at XXXXXX. I've only received a handful that I wish I had written myself. This is one.

I've X'd out the name as I don't want the editor to know I posted his comment. This really got me going when this e-mail came in. Big ego boost as well as confidence.

I'm now up to 7 stories sold for the year. Two months left to go. Let's see what the end of the year has in store for me.

Oh, and Juzzza, I submitted to ASIM based on your comments about them. Wish me luck.

Quote Originally Posted by maus99
    This is a comment from my latest story that will be published next year.

Now, then: this is one of the best stories we've had here at XXXXXX. I've only received a handful that I wish I had written myself. This is one.

That's great! Congrats Maus.

Loveable Rogue Moderator juzzza's Avatar
    Good luck with ASIM Maus and FANTASTIC comments!!!

PM me the publication who said that!!!

That is praise indeed from an editor, well done mate and WOW you are a prolific writer, 70 stories in a year... And 7 acceptances is phenominal, many writer don't achieve that in a lifetime. I haven't even written 70 short stories!!!

Blog Entries
    Well done Maus! I most likely have written 70 pieces of rubbish in my time lol, but decent stories I reckon 20 to 30... and that's in six years!

Just finished a massive nit pick edit of the monster partly based on feed back from readers and my desire to catch all the mistakes (which I doubt I have)

News flash for Juzzza.... that sentence is gone.... this is the replacement.FOCL

"A Clan sky my mother called such. She said that the Dieflyn rode the wind when a sky was thus.” Stephen replied, as he pulled the Clan wrought ‘my manwy’ from its scabbard. Why had he chosen that moment to give the sword a name and why that name. Stephen doubted he would ever know. He shook his head; the words meant ‘my rare or fine one,’the sword was that, but more, much more.

70 short stories!

Woah, if it is our ( I and other SFF members) buisness, how much are they selling for?

3000-4000

I thought that was shocking, I didn't know short stories were so short.
    I wrote 9,047 words in Chapter 1 and 2 in my current book I am working on.

Quote Originally Posted by Holbrook

News flash for Juzzza.... that sentence is gone.... [/i]
    And what about the bloody welsh, the welsh THE WELSH!!!!!!!!!

Only joking, before you all do an Anne Robinson on me

ASIM kicked my butt... I got a nice message from the last editor who rolls up her sleeves and dives into the slush pile too (says she even likes slush in her latest editorial), alas, although she liked my 'psychological humour' story, there were grammar issues... This knocked me over a bit, so I am begging for help from a bit of a grammar wiz... A wooly one.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by juzzza
    Only joking, before you all do an Anne Robinson on me
    Anne Robinson has nothing on me,when I get going

As for the Welsh, it's the language of the Bards Anyway the Welsh words used, if translated, are in context with the story and all mean something important. I thought it added a nice touch, as does the fact that most of the characters' first names, if you look up their meaning, say something about the character.

Look I have been messing with this for six years, its no flash in the pan you know

Hey, the welsh have been at it for thousands of years and I still think THEY should drop that rediculous languauge So what's six years grumpy?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by juzzza
    Hey, the welsh have been at it for thousands of years and I still think THEY should drop that rediculous languauge So what's six years grumpy?

Look young whipper snapper six years might be nothing to you, but to me it's too many out of the few I have left...

Ok, since it is my first time here I will just post here. I had been working on a proyect for a year now, right now I have managed to end part one of my long story that goes under the name Dawnbringer right now. I think the final name will be something like Dawnbringers Journal or something like this. so I am at a correcting stage...

btw, where can i read other sotries???

thx

An article I have written about investment fund research and multi managers, will be published in January 2005 by Expat Investor...

It's my job... And people wonder why I 'escape' with fiction LOL

I AM too a mod! Moderator Rocket Sheep's Avatar
    Expat Investor? Is it just for Ex Pats?

Has anyone read the November Locus yet? I've just ordered a copy... I think it says something nice about me...

Blog Entries
    Arrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Agent has requested all of manuscript... That's all I am going to say, except the comments have blown my mind a bit....
    Last edited by Holbrook; November 11th, 2004 at 05:34 PM.

WHOOOAAAAAA!!!!!!
    Congratulations, Holbrook! Keep up posted if your get taken on as a client.