Page 186 of 198 FirstFirst ... 86136176184185186187188196 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,790 of 2965
    Banned

Painting yourself into corners is an opportunity...

...to get that, "WOW" moment when you figure out how to paint yourself back out again! WHAT A MIND-BLOWING RUSH! LIKE LITERARY CRACK COCAINE! Im not killin' any of my "darlings"! With a little cerebral vaseline, EVERYTHING FITS!

Breaker of Walls
    Just passed 50k on my first draft. Halfway point! Feels like I climbed a mountain, but its all downhill now.

Banned

Should we be thinking of our projects...

Quote Originally Posted by secluded View Post
    Just passed 50k on my first draft. Halfway point! Feels like I climbed a mountain, but its all downhill now.
    ...as a marathon? You just made me realize that I could fall into this.
    Would my writing suffer from the mindset of seeing it as a chore, or would it benefit, if I saw it as an opportunity to root around in a bathtub full of rocky road ice cream, lapping at it at my leisure (which would be all the time).

I wrote like a madman possessed tonight. 1858 words.

sf-icionado / horr-orator Andrew Leon Hudson's Avatar
    I'm making good progress on my first YA novel - 30,000+ words since July 23rd, my most productive period in over ten years. I feel like I could be getting even more down than my approximate average of 1000 a day (holidays not included...) but I'm enjoying it too much to want to browbeat myself.

Finally got off my butt and started querying again. <sigh> here we go again...

sf-icionado / horr-orator Andrew Leon Hudson's Avatar
    Finished Part One of my WIP, approximately 36,500 words. Already looking forward to Part Two...

Where have I been? Moderator JRMurdock's Avatar
    Just had a little writing binge to finish off a 6000 word short story (3200 words tonight. WOO!)

Will let it sit for a week before edits and getting it out into the wild.

Next up, this month's flash fiction contest!

It could be worse. ~tmso Moderator N. E. White's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I just finished the outline of book two (of what I think will be a trilogy) and getting ready to write it (along with editing the first).

Not sure I'll make it to any of the contests this month.

Quote Originally Posted by tmso View Post
    I just finished the outline of book two (of what I think will be a trilogy) and getting ready to write it (along with editing the first).

Not sure I'll make it to any of the contests this month.
    Awesome! Feel free to contact me if you need anything!

I feel you on the contests. After the anthology contest, and maybe a quick flash-fic, I've got to concentrate on my planned novel. Basic outline, research, plotting, fleshing out characters, and then writing time. I'm not sure I'll have much time left to get much in as far as contests, at least not for a bit.

Nice one! Are you still on your Spanish-esque thing (that was you, wasn't it?) or is this something different?

It could be worse. ~tmso Moderator N. E. White's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteMC View Post
    Nice one! Are you still on your Spanish-esque thing (that was you, wasn't it?) or is this something different?
    Yes, that was me, and yes, still on my Spanish-esque thing. I've been working on it since 2009 (just realized). And I'm aiming to finish the (insert copious amounts of expletives) beasts in...let's say 2015. I hope.

The sad part is - the books will probably come out mediocre. (sigh) Ah, well. Gotta keep trying! Once I'm done with these, I have a dragon, Asian-inspired, woman warrior story I'm anxious to work on.

Yes, that was me, and yes, still on my Spanish-esque thing. I've been working on it since 2009 (just realized). And I'm aiming to finish the (insert copious amounts of expletives) beasts in...let's say 2015. I hope.

The sad part is - the books will probably come out mediocre. (sigh) Ah, well. Gotta keep trying!
    Indeed! Something I've noticed - the more I work on, tweak, edit, re-read and re-tweak something of mine, the more crap I think it is. It's a trick of the mind, I'm sure it is! From what I read of your Spanish-esque Thing (tm) it's not bad at all, so don't lose heart!

Once I'm done with these, I have a dragon, Asian-inspired, woman warrior story I'm anxious to work on.
    Oooooh, now that sounds fun!

Where have I been? Moderator JRMurdock's Avatar
    Been on a short story submission spree lately. Currently have 5 stories out, 4 with major magazines and waiting, one in round 3 for Andromeda Spaceways Inflight Magazine. It's an exciting time.

Now, off to go make some more words happen! WOO WOO!

My short story, "The Ghost Bounty Hunter" made it to the long list of 30 (out of around 1700 entries) for the Fantasy Faction Anthology. It's not a done deal, as only 6 finalist will be included. Regardless of that outcome though, this gives me some hope that I have something w/ this short story (which could easily be turned into a novella or even full-fledged novel).

http://fantasywritingcontest.com/201...ist-36-forums/