Page 188 of 197 FirstFirst ... 88138178186187188189190 ... LastLast
Results 2,806 to 2,820 of 2953
    It could be worse. ~tmso Moderator N. E. White's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by theonefirestorm View Post
    Almost finished the first page of the super hero book in a alien super hero book series I am writing. This was mainly inspired by Daniel X.
    Cool beans! Keep going.

Loveable Rogue Moderator juzzza's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tmso View Post
    I might be interested. But not until the beginning of next year.
    Hit me up when you are ready.

Hahaha what are you going to do with those rejections? I would pin them on a blackboard, so that when your book is successful, you know who were dead wrong about it and get a good chuckle when you read them later.

Just blew through 140,000 words, and there are plenty more to come. Second draft will probably be an exercise in architecture: how to divide the chapters at a semi-satisfying point so it can hit the pavement as a two-wheeler. What an irony--the book began as a novelette. Has anyone ever noticed how rebellious one's characters can be? They create new alliances and stir up trouble, often while the author sleeps.

Quote Originally Posted by Window Bar View Post
    Just blew through 140,000 words, and there are plenty more to come. Second draft will probably be an exercise in architecture: how to divide the chapters at a semi-satisfying point so it can hit the pavement as a two-wheeler. What an irony--the book began as a novelette. Has anyone ever noticed how rebellious one's characters can be? They create new alliances and stir up trouble, often while the author sleeps.
    Don't I know it. Just sent a 130,000 word beast to the editor that I'd planned to be a nice little 80,000 worder, and that after great swathing cuts of unncessary scenes and prose. Hopefuly, it all pays off in a richer story.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlyle Clark View Post
    Hopefuly, it all pays off in a richer story.
    We're counting on it.

I've decided to switch things up for NaNoWriMo, so I'm pausing my current novel work for the month. I'm writing a new story for November, and I'm pretty excited to get going. My story revolves around my most favorite of fantastic creatures: werewolves.

Currently the plot and outlines are in progress. Hopefully it's all ready to go for November 1st.

Actually working on the WIP for once - I'm the best part of 30k in and trying to stop my plot from eating itself. The characters are fine, they're supposed to eat each other, but the plot is not behaving itself...

Quote Originally Posted by juzzza View Post
    20,000 words into my new fantasy, 'Islander'.

Anyone up for test reading five chapters? Happy to swap time and effort in kind.
    I will if you like. I've got 30k-ish of contemporary dark fantasy WIP that could do with a second pair of eyes if you fancy swapping.

Registered User theonefirestorm's Avatar
    First of the 2nd Alien Super Hero Book is almost done.

I know what the second chapter will be, and I decided to use Names for Chapters.

Fey Tales nearly finished. 7 vignettes (or Brief Epics as I'm now calling them) complete. 2 more to go. Hoping to finish with the editing early in the New Year

Milestone on "Tracks"

A year's worth of effort is done - the second draft of my upcoming American fantasy "Tracks" is complete! Now that the "wire frame" so to speak is done (plot and characters), I get to turn black and white into color in so far as breathing more life into both the descriptions and characters. This third draft rapidly gets transformed by my reading group into a final submission draft for my editor. For those curious, here's the expected blurb:

When he was twelve, Vincent watched his younger sister get swept away by a steam locomotive riding rails that vanished along with her. Now, ten years later, Vincent rediscovers those tracks, and heads down them to bring her back.

Hope to have this finished by mid-2013.

Kerry

Congrats Kerry, kongming and theonefirestorm!

Still hard at work on the NaNo project that has taken over for my primary novel, at least for the time being. I hate not finishing something, and the book still has several chapters to be written, even after the 50,000 words.

Where have I been? Moderator JRMurdock's Avatar
    Holy Carp Juzzza! You're still here Nice to see the old crew hasn't faded into the woodwork.

Where have I been? Moderator JRMurdock's Avatar
    For those interested in where I was in 2012, check out http://www.sffworld.com/forums/showt...and-2013-Goals. This will also give a preview of my plan for global conquest in 2013