Page 105 of 197 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 2955
    My latest story, "The Kurse of Kain", is up at A Fly in Amber. It's a little different from most of my stuff, as for once a heroine with ridiculous durability isn't featured, but instead stars an African-Irish knight whose conflict with a ghost living in his newly inherited manor leads him into a quest to the New World. Yes, you heard that right. Enjoy!

http://www.aflyinamber.net/?p=88#more-88

I'm in a slight writing slump at the moment. After recovered (mostly) from losing the revised version of part one of my novel, I've sorta of come to a halt with things.

Part one needs work, but I feel that I really, really need to make some progress and finish part two. It's held me up for years now, and it's extremely discouraging that I haven't been able to finish it.

I tried planning, something that I'm not always fond of but I really felt that it needed to be done. I came up with some nice ideas, and some rather difficult (but very cool) scenes that I want to write. But when it comes to the writing process itself, my muse seems to have taken a vacation and forgotten to tell me. I just can't seem to muster a sentance at the moment.

Idon'tknowwhatthatmeans. Mistress Maerad's Avatar
    I actually just recovered from a "slump" and have been writing furiously for the past few days. I just finished part one of my 'novel' and have about 80 pages.

I found this really cool thing you can do on WordPad (call me a geek ) where it converts your story into a Reading format, where it looks as if it were a book, and has realistic sized pages, etc. And when doing that, I have 115 pages! It's not a lot, but it's pretty cool, since this is my first big project.

Shamed....

I've never actually finished anything... I used to periodically wipe my pc cause it annoyed me, now i've switched back to a laptop I want to write again but I find I struggle with anything that does involve a sword.
    Damn my lack of people skills!

progress - Helethronium now online

I wrote a fantasy novel a few years ago (600 pages), which I made available on Lulu, but never felt that it was quite polished enough for professional publication. It sat for a few years, until I finally got around to converting it to HTML a few weeks ago. I have posted it in full, with lots of supporting graphics, here:

http://www.billmajoros.com/fantasy/h...ium/gamma.html

If I ever have time to work on fiction again (I mostly publish scientific articles and books) I'm not sure if I'll spend any more time revising this, or instead working on a sequel.

~Elvenfire

Quote Originally Posted by Mistress Maerad View Post
    I found this really cool thing you can do on WordPad (call me a geek ) where it converts your story into a Reading format, where it looks as if it were a book, and has realistic sized pages, etc. And when doing that, I have 115 pages! It's not a lot, but it's pretty cool, since this is my first big project.
    That sounds like the sort of thing I'd find pretty cool, too. I'm tempted to try it now.

I've decided to move on from part one of my novel for the time being, as I think my desire to edit is just an excuse to distract myself rather than serving any sort of usefulness. So, currently I'm writing part two.

This is probably the billionth version (sure feels like it!) of part two that I've been working on. To try and save myself some time, I've been trying to use bits from past versions (nothing wrong with the writing, it's just that the plot keeps hitting a brick wall and I get stuck) and right now, I'm basically just trying to get *something* new added each day. Even if it's just a sentance. I've written 481 words in the past three days, which feels pathetic. But it's better than the zero progress I've made over the past three months. And if I can force myself to come up with at least a new sentance each day, maybe I'll drag myself outta my rut and actually start making some more satisfying progress.
    Last edited by BrightStar; July 25th, 2008 at 10:20 AM.

Ive actually just started writing something that I don't think is too rubbish...
    Given the working title 'The Knight', I'm trying to go for an accurate image of a young boy sent to war who see's too much of the brutal reality and it changes him irrevocably..... Reading that back, it sounds like total rubbish...

I don't think that sounds dumb at all, TornydoKhan. I do think it's been done before, but that's not a bad thing. So many stories these days are just a different take on an already existing idea, and many of those stories are wonderful in their own right. Try to add something unique or different about your story, to keep people interested and give them something new to read.

My Part Two is now at 1,200 words, which I'm rather pleased at. I wrote 800 of those words yesterday (a lot of which were recycled from already written failed attempts at the same chapter) so I'm very pleased.

Unfortunately, I didn't get much sleep last night, which means I have terrible brain fog today and probably won't be able to write much. But I'm trying to keep to my "even a sentance is progress" and just write that much, even if I can't come up with anything more. It's still progress.

Most of the stuff I write has been done before... But I'm trying to improve rather than hoping for literary genius

Yay. I may have only written about 300 words today, but it's progress and I'm quite satisfied with the quality of those 300 words that I've written.

Blog Entries
    Nil progress on submissions still out there.

Nil progress on any of my outlined ideas.

Nil progress on any ideas floating in my head.

No posts, anywhere of any length, mere internet grunts

No desire to write on my blog.

Totally completely disinterested in writing at present.

The Writer of Fantasy Fred Gallney's Avatar
    I'm currently on chapter 2 of Book I of my new trilogy. I'm also working on the maps, history, languages, and races, and character profiles for my major litary masterpiece.

I hope to get my own website up soon where I will actually explain to everyone what I mean, and all of you can watch me basically from start to finish.

I'm 15 now, so I hope to get my first book done by the time I am 16.

(I'll have to work on my PHP, CSS, and HTML skills before I can get my webbie up though).

my wip is only 4500 words in, but i'm gonna keep going. in my other failed novel attempts i've pushed too hard and lost interest, so i'm going to keep my modest 500-a-day word goals.

good luck fred. i'm 16 now, and at age 15 the farthest i got was about 40k words.

Given up already...
    40k words? I managed 40!

I finished my first novel a little over a week ago. Now I'm on my second and I have written 18,000 in a week! I'm a little disappointed because I was aiming for 20k, but it's alright.

I've also been shopping for agents who might be interested in my new book. Fun, fun.

Also, King Bones, I'm 17 and when I was your age (not so long ago, lol) I found it extremely hard to write, but now for some reason, I find a way to get inspired everyday.

When I was 15, the most I ever managed was 20k so I think you're doing pretty good. Keep up the good work!
    Last edited by dArkNESS rISiNG; July 26th, 2008 at 10:17 PM.