Page 134 of 193 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144184 ... LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 2888
    Quote Originally Posted by zachariah View Post
    Congrats Susan...I applaud your historical accuracy, I had no idea there were rouge elephants back then
    They can wear rouge if they want ... but if they start going around in drag, how can we tell them apart from the girls?

The best story EVAR?!

...well, I don't know about that, but it sure is one of the zaniest I've written (that says a lot). After being horribly wounded in a fight against one of the Four Devil Kings, innocent and offense-challenged warrior Ruby Little Blade is tricked into releasing an ancient evil from its prison. So upon realizing her mistake, she drags her mangled body back into battle to put things right. En-freakin-joy!

http://63.64.44.120/index.pacq?id=186&tier=2

Blog Entries
    Demon-skinned- 1000 words today. Not bad going.
    Untitled novel - 250 words.

Editing Oracle, I need to get it down to 120,000 words for it to stand a chance. Hard going, re-writing small sections, removing others. Been at this since November. Even if it fails, it is good practice.

Thumbs up

re: The Ninth Avatar

The cover is finally ready and I couldn't be more excited. Much better than what I came up with when I self-pub'd. Just waiting for the design to be finished, I suppose, and that's the kind of progress I like.

Got to chapter 45 or so on the first typed draft... Seventy some-odd-thousand words so far. I'm expecting to condense the chapters down and combine them together, so it'll end up with something more along the lines of thirty instead of the insane number I have now.

it could be worse Moderator N. E. White's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Just got a rejection! That is progress...of sorts...

Hey TM - Curious what you submitted.

Hey Miz SO, congrats! Means you tried!

it could be worse Moderator N. E. White's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    @ DD - a flash fiction story I wrote a long time ago (and refuse to let die) called Do Over. It really shouldn't see the light of day, but I like it. It's been rejected four times now.

@ Venustar - thanks for the encouragement! I have another short story I'm revising at the moment that I will start to submit soon (for rejection). It's called Mice, Not Dragons.

The Ninth Avatar is at the printers now. I should see a proof by end of week! Will just need to give the thumbs up on it before the Publisher orders the first print run!

Many congrats!!

Thanks!

In the whole "raising awareness" effort I had an epiphany this morning. I've been depending on the fact that I had a publisher translating into some form of success, but I realized that they are just as much depending on me for their own success. Pretty profound.

Anyway, I don't want to tie up the thread, but I will post again when the book is *actually* available for consumption!

You know, all too often we get dragged under by attempts at perfecting our art- to catch their eyes and impress them enough to sign us on. We forget that if it weren't for us, they wouldn't have their jobs, or their successes.

Its important to remember that. In order to retain the quality of work that we produce, we must find pride in ourselves.

May your successes bowl you over, td.

I love seeing everyone's progress reports. It is good to see so many people working at it.

As for me, I think I finally got my head around the synopsis and came up with a good one for my book. I've picked the first round of agents I'm going to submit to and, after another pass on the letter, synopsis, and sample content (for those who want it) I think it will be ready to send it out into the world. Oh, and I better set a few pillows around the house to beat out my frustration on.

I'm... I'm published...

Writing Shift picked up one of my stories about two months ago and I've been waiting on pins and needles since then:

http://writingshift.com/6/passerby.html

Many thanks to all of the guys and gals in the flash fiction contests - my writing truly has improved as a direct result (some of you flash fiction folks may recognize this story, actually - its an extended (and edited) piece from last year).

My thoughts feel a bit disjointed at the moment... I need to go dance this off or something...

Okay, done dancing... my second story "The Hole" is up at Golden Visions:
    http://www.goldenvisionsmagazine.biz/newhomepage.html

Last edited by Sterling13; March 31st, 2010 at 07:46 PM. Reason: Added #2...