Page 136 of 197 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146186 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 2953
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the support there zachariah. Quite a nice little community you guys have here. Think i'll stay awhile.

Shadow's Lure (June 2011)
    Blog Entries
    Just finished the first draft for book 2 this past Friday. Feels like I just completed a marathon (seven months in the making). Taking a little break from it, then I'll dive into revision-mode.

It could be worse. ~tmso Moderator N. E. White's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Good job, Jon. Sounds like a break well deserved.

I just got another rejection! Woohoo...?

Shadow's Lure (June 2011)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tmso View Post
    Good job, Jon. Sounds like a break well deserved.

I just got another rejection! Woohoo...?
    Rejections suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Sprunk View Post
    Just finished the first draft for book 2 this past Friday. Feels like I just completed a marathon (seven months in the making). Taking a little break from it, then I'll dive into revision-mode.
    When someone is just starting out, I guess I'm supposed to say "Godspeed." When someone finishes a draft in seven months, I 'll say "Good speed."

Rose and Finn ride again! Or walk rather, since there's no riding in the story... but anyway, check out the warrior couple's return to print against the magical scourge brought by a quartet of demonic weapons to their land. Enjoy!

http://www.talesofthetalisman.com/bookstore-v5.html (Issue 4)

girl searching for magic
    Forget the computer, forget pens, and go right back to Jane Austen's way of writing... Dip in ink calligraphy pen

Didn't actually realise that was what she used until I watched 'Becoming Jane' (which is a fantastic movie btw )

Oddly, it has seemed to help me to write. There is something about the process of dipping the pen in the ink, avoiding blotting the page, the way your writing begins to incorporate loops, and link together, that helps the words flow. Knowing that I am writing as so many used to has inspired me I think, put me in the mood to create. Weird, but whatever works!

However it does mean I cannot tell how much I have written. I'd say that since I began writing like that, it has been probably over 10k that I have pumped out. And that has been within a week, so I am incredibly happy! It has been a while since I have been able to write that much.

P.S congrats to everyone with their success stories! It is really awesome hearing them all so many of them have been long deserved by the sounds of it.

This may solve your word counting problem, Elspeth.

I write longhand and an easy way to gauge word count is to get a regular sized notebook (like a Five Star) and about every 4 notebook pages is 1000 words (page & word count estimate may be longer if you write big). For some reason, a blank computer screen intimidates me, and I much prefer to write my initial draft on paper and then transcribing it on the computer.
    Last edited by wwfward; April 26th, 2010 at 08:18 PM.

working on revision/rewrite of my first book --- so far I made it to Chapter 2 (Yay chapter 2!)

Meanwhile, in a text far far away, I'm on chapter 3 of Book 2. (Yay chapter 3 book 2!)

And that is my update.

Word out.

Hello! I've been lurking about here for quite some time, but never really ventured to post anything before. I'm an aspiring author...written several short stories, participated in NaNoWriMo, and am working on a novel, (all within the fantasy genre) but I've never gotten the courage to try and submit anything, and I still don't know a lot about the publishing world.

I finally hit 50k on my current WIP, a big milestone for me since the thing has been floating around for several years now! Not much progress compared to the rest of you, probably...already submitting and even being published! I hope to be at that point one day too.

And congradulations on all your successes! I've been following this thread without posting for a long time, glad to see people doing well and succeeding!

I intend to post more in the future...hopefully I'm not too irritating! I don't have much experience with forums.

-Anemone

1500+ words today, after several days of 0. Lots of thinking about the story, but not any actual writing it down...other Lifestuff in the way. So today, out it came.

Fantasy Writer

Hi, I am a fantasy/magna writer. I started writing a story on Zoids (use to air on cartoon network ages ago, similar to transformers). Though the second writer took over when I left high school for Uni finally got it finished and now writing another one.

I have also written another few stories though the Zoids one is the only one that ever go completed. Except one I did for a Uni subject.

I am writing one now about X-men, a young girl named Luna (She has amnesia and Logan found her during a full moon) comes to the school and turns it upside down. During the story she uncovers much to do about her past (Logan and her were both employed by Shield, the company that gave Logan claws). When I get a chapter done I will post it. Please send your responses to my email: blackbeauty11au@yahoo.com.au please title your email story review otherwise I will not read it.

I have started my first novel. Well, I have started several times before but now I have a plan, key scenes and an ending which I probably canīt get published but an alternate ending, almost as good. So itīd be a shame if I didnīt finish this time, eh?

Itīs actually a bit scary to post about it, everything is all new, the world is not fully explored and some of the characters are still telling their story and about the other characters appearing. Even so, I told myself not to start writing before I got back to Sweden in September so my 15 000 words are well ahead of planning.

And a big congratulations to all of you who got yourselves deals or otherwise got published; tdnewton, that cover art is truly killer, one of those Iīd buy spontaneously if I saw it on the shelves.

I've read through my first MSS twice now and have compiled a list of problems. I've been so into it I've not watched a single minute of hockey in the first round of playoffs. (Of course not having have a TV might have something to do with that...but I choose to credit my incredible resolve and focus.)

Nice, tyriseus, and hello again everybody.

I just finished the first draft of my third novel. Phew.