Page 137 of 197 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147187 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,055 of 2947

progress & regress

Spirit Thorn shipped and accepted last Friday to both Apple iBooks and Barnes and Noble. I'll count that as progress, even though it will take six to eight weeks to show up in the online catalog at both vendors. (Yes, I know that eBook transmission moves at near light-speed, but a long career in business has proven to me that light moves slowly indeed in the business community).

Amazon now wants a clickable table of contents. Just another hoop, but I'll have to count that as regress.

Hey Todd (tdnewton), I've enjoyed what I've read so far of Ninth Avatar. Keep up the good work.

-WB

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Forget the computer, forget pens, and go right back to Jane Austen's way of writing... Dip in ink calligraphy pen

of it.
    I couldn't get away with that...I can't even read my own writing half the time. Plus I type three times faster than I can write, so keeping up with my thoughts is hard enough on the keyboard never mind when scribbling. My eldest daughter is in grade one and can already print neater than I've ever been able to.

Back when I was in school I started using a computer to do my homework assignments half way through a year. My grades shot up 10-20% thanks to the legability factor. Without the invent of the computer I never could have been a writer.

Anyway I'm glad it's working for you. Enjoy.

Thanks Bryan, glad you're enjoying it. Here's hoping the WIP is "keeping up the good work."

*toast*

Spirit Thorn, you say? Hmm. Have I just not heard of this, or have you not told me?

Woo! Just got done with the second draft of Core Saga: Lithica! 113k words and tons of editing to do now!

Quote Originally Posted by bobnagga View Post
    Woo! Just got done with the second draft of Core Saga: Lithica! 113k words and tons of editing to do now!
    Congrats! Hit it hard!

Quote Originally Posted by tdnewton View Post
    Thanks Bryan, glad you're enjoying it. Here's hoping the WIP is "keeping up the good work." *toast*
    Even those of us who are non-religious are sustained by faith of a sort -- so of course it will be "good work."

Quote Originally Posted by tdnewton View Post
    Spirit Thorn, you say? Hmm. Have I just not heard of this, or have you not told me?
    I've rarely mentioned it on the forum, and I won't pop the champagne until the printed book is available. A month? Two? Quien sabe? Anyway, you can catch it free, with some damn fetching graphics by Bob Jackson Miner, on my site (see my profile). Or if you want a full download, PM me. But the site is more fun, even though a few site mechanics and graphics remain unfinished.

Unlike Ninth Avatar, it's aimed at a young adult crew.

-- WB

2nd draft

Quote Originally Posted by bobnagga View Post
    Congrats. You're closing in on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Window Bar View Post
    I've rarely mentioned it on the forum, and I won't pop the champagne until the printed book is available. A month? Two? Quien sabe? Anyway, you can catch it free, with some damn fetching graphics by Bob Jackson Miner, on my site (see my profile). Or if you want a full download, PM me. But the site is more fun, even though a few site mechanics and graphics remain unfinished.
    Well done, I like it. Great graphics and presentation. Very effective opening, especially for YA. Keep us posted when it comes out in tangible form, because I want to buy.

Unlike Ninth Avatar, it's aimed at a young adult crew.
    I'm generally not into reading or writing YA, but once in awhile something will grab my interest (the way Harry Potter did, some years ago, not that I'm drawing parallels). I don't disdain YA, just like I don't disdain Paranormal Romance, it's just not usually my thing. But, hey, I'm pretty much open to works of any kind, especially if it's a writer I know.

Progress update

As an fyi, since I recieved a few emails and inquiries from people on this site, my novel, A World Without Divide (awwd.us.com) is selling pretty well. Slow but steady. I am diligently working on book 2 and I am half way through (that is my progress update). I am thinking of naming it 'AWWD II, The Frayed Threads of Hope.' What do you think, too much of a cliche?

Thanks to all!

New short story published at Allegory: http://www.allegoryezine.com/wasruth.htm

Blog Entries

Waiting on agent

I got past first base with an agent in New York. She is looking at my first novel right now. I've been selling it as an ebook online, but if the agent picks me up, I'll be pulling it off the virtual shelves, with the hopes that I'll be able to land a larger publishing contract.

Two years back, the book place in the top four of "Operation First Novel", sponsored by Tyndale House Publishing. But, sad to say, that is as close as I've come to being published by a real publishing company.

Crossing fingers.

John Hileman
    Author of VRIN: ten mortal gods

Back porch, scotch, cigar, laptop... my favorite kind of progress.

Just one of those nights when I remember how enjoyable writing can be...

Congrats BrianC, good job--cool story.

I'm editing my third novel while still looking for an agent for my first. Also, I have two short stories submitted, awaiting some reply. --I had to submit one story twice because I forgot to finish filling in the subject line. I hope they don't laugh too hard.

B5

Loveable Rogue Moderator juzzza's Avatar
    I reckon it's been about 2 years since I sat down and seriously threw down some fiction.

Happy to say I've been busting about 1000 words per day for the last two weeks... love it when the bug hits!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by juzzza View Post
    I reckon it's been about 2 years since I sat down and seriously threw down some fiction.

Happy to say I've been busting about 1000 words per day for the last two weeks... love it when the bug hits!

About time!!! Good to see you!

Congrats Brian on the sale!

As for me. Massive edit and re-write hard going, least the new beginning is. Will be better once I start working on existing sections.

New work going well, whould love to spend more time on it.

#