Page 138 of 199 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140148188 ... LastLast
Results 2,056 to 2,070 of 2975
    eek...

Just submitted one of my pieces to AGNI *just to see*...

I shouldn't be this nervous, but I am.

"Bestseller?" Celebrate or Laugh?

Spirit Thorn was just named to Smashwords' "bestseller" list under Youth Sci-Fi/Fantasy. If you only knew how few actual purchases this designation entails, you would type "LOL" in full upper case shout.

Still, it means it's found its way to the top 10% or so of their offerings, so at least it's succeeding in that small pond (puddle?). The real test begins soon at Amazon, Apple, et al.

It could be worse. ~tmso Moderator N. E. White's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I shouldn't be this nervous, but I am.
    They will be dazzled by your awesomeness and accept you immediately. They will. I'm not joking.

Still, it means it's found its way to the top 10% or so of their offerings...
    Woohoo!!! That's great! One small step for Spirit Thorn (one of many), one giant leap for Window Bar!

Good luck to you all.

Kerry

Quote Originally Posted by tmso View Post
    They will be dazzled by your awesomeness and accept you immediately. They will. I'm not joking.
    Thank you for the awesome vote of confidence! We shall see...we shall see...

Kerry, thanks for the luck!

Quote Originally Posted by juzzza View Post
    I reckon it's been about 2 years since I sat down and seriously threw down some fiction.

Happy to say I've been busting about 1000 words per day for the last two weeks... love it when the bug hits!

I know what you mean. I decided to take a little time off from writing, and the next thing I knew a year and a half had gone by . . .

Quote Originally Posted by BrianC View Post
    I know what you mean. I decided to take a little time off from writing, and the next thing I knew a year and a half had gone by . . .
    I finally have my first novel Darkwing Nightmare for sale on Amazon. Sales are picking up, now if I only had a sale for every hit on my web site I will actually be a successful author! It's only been three days so it's time to market!

"Defiant Dancer" just left the hangar for consideration by my publisher. A year's effort is out the door, and I am SO not writing this weekend.

Kerry

Quote Originally Posted by kmtolan View Post
    "Defiant Dancer" just left the hangar for consideration by my publisher. A year's effort is out the door, and I am SO not writing this weekend.

Kerry
    Wow, huge congrats, Kerry. I can't fathom the amount of effort required to produce a (saleable) book in one year's time.

Congrats Kerry!

1400 words yesterday on the new new book, after the movers left with furniture for son's apartment and husband had left. 0 words accomplished after husband got home in late afternoon.

Today it's my turn to drive to the city and help son with some computer stuff. No writing, alas.

Dragonmage
    Blog Entries
    In a mytholoy based science-fantasy tale I'm working on the anti-heros (they're supposed to be th good guys but sometimes have no choice to be bastards to do the job like resort to torture but heoic in the sense they're doing a friend a favour by helping her fulfill her destiny and trying to keep her alive as she desperately needs help and they're the first people she turns to) have come across one of the secret chambers of the local goddess who gives them shleter (in a previous story she becomes a Freddy krueger/Predator style bad guy out of provocation) and points them in the right direction of the hammer head to Thor's hammer (they find out later that it's a fake copy then they get pissed off and become like The Terminator/anti-heros)

Quote Originally Posted by E_Moon View Post
    0 words accomplished after husband got home in late afternoon.
    LOL

Oh, and just started the "idea list" after titling my final book in the series "Battle Dancer". From this list will rise a chapter outline...eventually.

Kerry

I've realized that just editing isn't good for my sanity so I have decided to start another book. I started Sunday night at about 10 pm and have about 4200 words so far. I'm going to try and split my time between editing and writing but we'll see if I can do it this time.

Dragonmage
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonmage View Post
    In a mytholoy based science-fantasy tale I'm working on the anti-heros (they're supposed to be th good guys but sometimes have no choice to be bastards to do the job like resort to torture but heoic in the sense they're doing a friend a favour by helping her fulfill her destiny and trying to keep her alive as she desperately needs help and they're the first people she turns to) have come across one of the secret chambers of the local goddess who gives them shleter (in a previous story she becomes a Freddy krueger/Predator style bad guy out of provocation) and points them in the right direction of the hammer head to Thor's hammer (they find out later that it's a fake copy then they get pissed off and become like The Terminator/anti-heros)
    They've got the hammerhead (or so they think due to the fact that it's a fake cheap glass copy of the real hammerhead to Thor's hammer and now they've got to get the said queen out of the area.