Page 14 of 199 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast
    Loveable Rogue Moderator juzzza's Avatar
    Needed a break from Genre work, so (as sheepie suggested to Holbrook) I wiped the bum of a crime short (although long for me at over 13000 words) and sent it off to Crimewave... Probably the best Crime Fiction magazine out there.

I have decided that I must have at least three submissions out there at any one time, when a rejection or acceptance comes through, out goes another one, following the little dance I do (Irish inlfuenced jig for acceptances and Maori influenced war dance for rejections).

Onwards...

Quote Originally Posted by juzzza
    following the little dance I do (Irish inlfuenced jig for acceptances and Maori influenced war dance for rejections).
    Is it just me that finds that mental picture quite disturbing?

I AM too a mod! Moderator Rocket Sheep's Avatar
    I said wipe its bum, blow its nose and send it out. You did blow its nose didn't you?

Quote Originally Posted by juzzza
    The cool thing, is that I get to submit something else to the system!!! It's like a free professional feedback service, send in your story, get some useful pointers from pros, and if you are as good as sheepie... You actually get a publish credit too!!!
    I've had feedback from New York on that story. So it is a great little ozzie mag to be in.

Did you read my story? It wasn't very nice, I'm afraid. It was sf horror... that made them laugh. I never know what ASIM want in a story.

They have a great reputation for regularity as well as a working system, unlike a lot of semi-pro mags... BUT... you should only send them your work when it is as good as you can make it. The staff there are all volunteers.

No I didn't wipe its nose... In fact I was presented with an intriguing problem, I only had one tissue you see and I didn't want to wipe its nose and then its bum and the other way round is just wrong...

What issue are you in Sheepie? I will try and order a back copy.

2nd attempt at ASIM has been sent, and joking aside, I think its bum and nose are spotless.

Issue 14. It's a good one. Zara put it together.

I've sent along stories with spare tissues and they've sent them back. Like I said, I have no idea what they like... all I know is they think I'm funny when I try to be horrible.

I just ordered it!!! At last I have found a use for bloody PayPal, bought issue 14 of ASIM and also picked up a copy of Midnight Street, produced by Trevor Denyer, the man behind LEGEND and ROADWORKS... Both great fiction mags.

Hey Sheepie, better that than people finding you horrible when you try to be funny!!!

That happens too.

Apparently there is a fine line... somewhere.

Thanks for flying with Andromeda Spaceways!

I have finished chapter 2 and 3 of my book in one day.

A review of ASIM issue 14 is out at IROSF I'm described as part of the fluff component:

"Examples of light-but-fun in this issue include Scales of Justice by Susie Hawes, Counter Clock by Patrick Mullarkey, and Lost Property by Bren MacDibble (are these names real?)."
    Today fluffy... downright hairy tomorrow!

Blog Entries
    Poor RS the reviewer questioning if your name is real.... I get that a lot... not with my name, with my address.

comments like: really..How quaint.. Is it soft?..Cute.. you are joking, no?

HE has never stopped laughing..

Anyway back to progress. Nit pick edit of Llafn Meistr done. Trying to pick up the threads of the other editing work. Doing an outline/timeline for possible other books in the "Llafn Mesitr" world. Ditto for The Hat Man. Looking hard as Runes of the Necromancer and Oracle's story (this is a working title) But it is really just humming and thinking and doing nothing.

Still have both novels and one short story out there, until I here yes or no on these not sending anything out.

I have stories with Andromeda Spaceways, Book of Dark Wisdom, Crimewave and The 3rd Alternative.

Got a couple of rejections from Flytrap, standard 'not for us' type, no comments.

Onward...

Well Holbrook... Llafn does kinda look like Laughing... if you have no idea how to pronounce it. And is it Meistr or Mesitr? Because one is much funnier than the other.

Anyway, I once lived in Rotongaro which was between Rotowaro and Ruawaro and by the time you finish explaining that... no one knows where the hell you lived. But the phone numbers were only three digits.

They can pick on my name all they like. As long as they can't find anything to pick on in the stories... It ain't easy making fluff entertaining... but I'm happy. It wasn't my best work.
    Last edited by Rocket Sheep; October 27th, 2004 at 07:10 AM.

I've been away at some book signings...but I still have a question. I get literally thousands of inquiries on my book, but still the book sales themselves are low...any ideas of how to 'sell' the book to the already curious reader??

Aged Literary Seagull
    Out of curiosity, what does one have to do to get some feedback in the community? I've got two stories there, and no one is touching them(is it the plague?)*L* I just wonder if I'm doing something wrong is all

Just finished chapter 6.