Page 152 of 199 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162 ... LastLast
Results 2,266 to 2,280 of 2978
    I just happened to see that I'm #2 at Smashwords in their Science Fiction - Adventure category. http://www.smashwords.com/books/cate...ar/0/any/longs That's sort of cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Land of Nod View Post
    I just happened to see that I'm #2 at Smashwords in their Science Fiction - Adventure category. http://www.smashwords.com/books/cate...ar/0/any/longs That's sort of cool.
    It's even above cool! I've read the opening, now it's time to read on...

Quote Originally Posted by Window Bar View Post
    It's even above cool! I've read the opening, now it's time to read on...
    I hope you enjoy it!

I'm a little embarrassed because I haven't finished but I've read the beginning of Spirit Thorn and it's certainly more artfully crafted than mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Land of Nod View Post
    I hope you enjoy it!
    Hi Gary -- Okay, I finished it, and it's a wonderful read. One of your biggest strengths is your mile-a-minute-pacing. Keep 'em coming.
    Last edited by Window Bar; October 16th, 2010 at 06:30 PM. Reason: sp

Quote Originally Posted by Window Bar View Post
    Hi Gary -- Okay, I finished it, and it's a wonderful read. One of your biggest strengths is your mile-a-minute-pacing. Keep 'em coming.
    Thanks! I've already told you in private, but I should state publicly that I thought Spirit Thorn was EXCELLENT. You have the type of skill with words that I've always admired but never been able to match.

The fast pace comes from my ADHD. I find myself always ready for the next thing. Hopefully it will appeal to similarly afflicted readers.

A few minutes ago I finished a fourteen-page short story that went through nine (!) drafts before I got it just right. It's one of the best things I have ever written.

Nothing. I've done nothing on my WIP for over 2 weeks now. Though today I did come up with a cracking joke for it that involves doing a drawing of a dinosaur with udders in the style of a 1930s pulp magazine illustration.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkMonkey View Post
    Nothing. I've done nothing on my WIP for over 2 weeks now. Though today I did come up with a cracking joke for it that involves doing a drawing of a dinosaur with udders in the style of a 1930s pulp magazine illustration.
    Seriously mate, the mind boggles! I wanna hear the joke now...

Annette Hart
    I'm feeling very excited: I received my personal and promotional copies, book marks, leaflets, etc of my second book in a big parcel yesterday. I love it! I haven't had the time (or inclination) to work on anything else since - I'm just wallowing in the glory! Now, if only I can sell a few...

I'd love to do a giveaway on this site but haven't worked out how yet.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteMC View Post
    Seriously mate, the mind boggles! I wanna hear the joke now...
    Actually, the whole joke is already written, is about a thousand words and involves references to Edgar Allen Poe, and Theloneus Monk, and a chance encounter with Alan Ginsberg in a New York hotel toilet. It's incredibly laboured, probably very boring, and almost certainly not very funny. The drawing is just another twist to add onto the end.

... the whole joke is ... incredibly laboured, probably very boring, and almost certainly not very funny. The drawing is just another twist to add onto the end.
    I dunno, my wife loves shaggy dog stories, and I have to admit that I get caught up in her enthusiasm as she tells them.

-- WB

Just got the cover for my next release "Defiant Dancer". The web page goes up tonight as we roll into the pre-release promo stuff.

WIP for "Battle Dancer" is around 140 pages into its first draft. Just nuked my MC...literally. Air burst, so her bunch got relatively lucky. All done using autonomous drones that made it through their defenses - future war is hell..of a lot of fun.

Kerry

Nothing. I've done nothing on my WIP for over 2 weeks now.
    It's been about a month since I last touched mine. I've been trying this past week to pick things back up again, but I'm just ... stuck. I don't seem to be able to keep the momentum going with my WIP for longer than a few days at the moment. I thought I'd made a major breakthrough a month or so back, when I wrote about 3000 words in a week (this was after a 5 month break). Then, all of a sudden, I stopped and haven't been able to write a word since. I re-read some of my old work last night, and was extremely pleased with it. But still not a word.

Just received the ARC for "Defiant Dancer" and ye olde errata request. Last task before this opus is out the door and on the street.

Kerry

Three hours I've been labouring over the first draft of a scene (which is totally unconnected to anything else in the book) and at the end of it I've got less than 600 words to show for it. Including this touching post coital moment between a private eye and the magnificently well endowed woman who walked into his office in the previous paragraph...

The sun was setting over the Pacific, flooding the bedroom of my Malibu beach place with its golden reddish light. She lay face down on the rumpled black satin bedsheets, semi-conscious, naked and sated with pleasure from our lovemaking. I strolled in from the kitchen, a tray with two empty glasses and a smorgasbord of hors d'œuvres I had rustled up in one hand, and a jug of Margheritas in the other*. I too was naked except for my wartime souvenir silk Kimono and the sharkskin handled Colt 45 service revolver in my alligator leather shoulder holster. I put down the food and drinks on the bedside table, sat on the bed beside her and gave a friendly slap to her magnificent rump. It responded in a wave of delightful ripples. She rolled over. She parted the curtain of her magnificent red hair that was swept, tousled across her face by our passion,.
    She smiled a orgasm battered smile, "Wow, Trip," she said, huskily.
    I poured her a Margherita. She sipped it and rubbed at the Colt 45 shaped bruise on her right breast.
    "Don't you ever take that thing off?"
    "Only when I have to, baby."
    She searched around as if looking for something. "Where are my clothes?" She said eventually..
    "Out on the beach, don't you remember?"
    She seemed shocked. "We did it on the beach!?"
    "Five times. Then the neighbours called the cops and we came in here."
    "You're some man, Trip," she said, and finished the drink.
    "Okay, babe," I smiled. "We've had our fun, now let's get down to business. Why don't you start by telling me your name?"

*This is almost certainly a printer's error and should read 'Margaritas'. Unless Trip Hazard was in the habit of serving his lady friends puréed pizzas to drink.
    It keeps me off the streets.
    Last edited by JunkMonkey; November 11th, 2010 at 04:25 AM.