Page 154 of 193 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164 ... LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 2886
    Dragonslayer is now up at Flash Fiction Online (November issue) - I feel like I've arrived

Quote Originally Posted by PeteMC View Post
    Dragonslayer is now up at Flash Fiction Online (November issue) - I feel like I've arrived
    Congratulations!

Blog Entries
    awesome Pete, great job!

Got through the first 5000 words of my WIP - Hooray! I'm on a 1000 word per weekday schedule with a goal of 100,000 words. That's one week done and 19 more to go!

I'm afraid I'm going to lose steam, but I try not to think about that. I keep telling myself that it's a marathon not a sprint ... a marathon not a sprint ... a marathon not a sprint ...

Quote Originally Posted by PeteMC View Post
    Grats!

Kerry

Congrats! Feels so good doesn't it! Hope it all goes well!!!

I've been stuck in yet another frustrating writing slump for the past few months. But gladly, yesterday I may have taken the first steps towards finally getting over it and continuing.

Rather than trying to work on the part of my WIP that has caused me so many problems, I decided I needed to rediscover the fun in writing. So, I chose to skip ahead and work on a scene that happens later.

I wrote about 1,000 words, which I was thrilled with. What I wrote isn't perfect, but I do think that it's a good start. The main thing is that I had fun writing it, and I'm hoping that I'll be able to one day incorporate it into my main story.

Later today, I'm hoping to work on it some more.

I finished a novel yesterday. First draft of course, it's going to take some lengthy editation before it's ready for anything.

I seem to be stuck in a pattern where I write something, try to sell it (get an agent, whatever), and after trying for a time, I set it aside and write something better, and try to sell it...

Interesting strategy. I wonder if it works.

B5

Defiant Dancer launches!

My third book in the "Dancer" series just launched today on schedule!

Kerry

Nice one - congrats Kerry!

Today I finished the first draft of my second novel. That just means I've finished the first draft of two separate novels, now I just have to take the time to edit both of them. The good news is that I don't believe my latest novel requires quite as much work in the editing process.

The trouble is that I am already thinking about writing my next novel which would be a different world entirely. The setting is a one country continent with a King and knights and lords and barons, armies and ships.

I have the Kings family and 25 other noble houses. It was enjoyable creating the family crests for each house. I've drawn out the children and all the marriages between the houses for this generation and drawn the map of the continent. Now I just need to flesh out the map with the names of towns, castles, etc. and start writing the story.

I have decided there are not enough exclamation marks in my WIP. As an experiment I am going to go through it and put them at the end of every third sentence. Like this!

Schwarzwald near Karlsruhe (in the southwest of Germany)
    Blog Entries

Sven Kloepping's Story-Update

Hello!

I'm new here. I just drop a list of my stories you can access online. Have fun reading!

"Let's Talk About Death Baby" -> http://www.aphelion-webzine.com (from Monday on)
    "Death Junkies" -> http://www.svenkloepping.de
    "Space Racing" -> http://www.svenkloepping.de
    "Up" -> http://www.svenkloepping.de
    "Speedway to Hell" -> http://www.svenkloepping.de
    "Licensing Agent" -> http://www.brailaonline.ro/sectiuni/...?st=180&auts=6

I currently work on "Bloodhound", a sci-fi story though the title doesn't sound like sf.

Best, Sven

Hey guys.

I haven't posted here yet and I just don't know why. It's an awesome idea and will hopefully keep the motivation pumping!

I have been working on a certain series, it's world, characters, religions, families, lore, creatures etc since I was about 15 now and I keep changing it.

It's going to be a character-based fantasy spanning from realism to epic elements, set in a world coming straight out of the Dark Ages and verging on the brink of an industrial age.

I wrote fifteen chapters and scrapped about seven of them, now I'm editing the others to fit my first (first) draft... If that makes any sense.

Anyways, I'm confident in this draft. Excluding edited chapters, I'm about 7,000-8,000 words in. : D

Oh, and well done Pete!

And everyone else. : )

Quote Originally Posted by JunkMonkey View Post
    I have decided there are not enough exclamation marks in my WIP. As an experiment I am going to go through it and put them at the end of every third sentence. Like this!
    I tried it for one chapter. It looks like total crap. I'm keeping it in!