Page 17 of 193 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast
    Thanks, guys!

So Holbrook and I are in the same rowboat. Hey, who's steering?
    The letter I received was also a thrill to read. The agent added:
    P.S. I'm sorry it took so long to get back to you - I sat down with Slaves to the New World this morning and literally flew through it. I liked it a lot and look forward to seeing where the book goes from here.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Abby
    Thanks, guys!

So Holbrook and I are in the same rowboat. Hey, who's steering?
    The letter I received was also a thrill to read. The agent added:
    P.S. I'm sorry it took so long to get back to you - I sat down with Slaves to the New World this morning and literally flew through it. I liked it a lot and look forward to seeing where the book goes from here.
    It's a nice feeling isn't it? Makes all the crap worth it... I got I definitely want to see the rest of the manuscript. It's very promising in my letter...

Will keep my fingers tightly cross for you Abby... I think you will make it before me...

Thanks, Holbrook! I wish you luck with yours, as well.
    I'm not too sure about mine--I have worries about the story structure--but I'll let you know whatever the outcome is. I'm excited to hear about what happens with yours. This is such a major milestone.
    Happy Holidays!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Abby

I'm happy because a literary agent requested my manuscript.
    This is a first for me--the first time an agent will read my novel, and the first time that my novel is being considered "fairly", meaning that it will be judged on its own merits rather than by my poor social skills, shaky query letter, and lack of sales-pitch ability.

This is BY FAR the furthest I've ever been toward getting a novel published. I'll hear her response in a month or so. I don't want to get my hopes too high, but I consider this request in itself to be a major accomplishment.
    That's great, Abby. Good luck!

It's a thread like this that keeps me writing when all looks lost.

Hit 'em hard and hit 'em low Holbrook and Abby!

For the second time a magazine has ceased publication rather than publish my submitted work. I'm beginning to feel a little paranoid.

J

Where have I been? Moderator JRMurdock's Avatar
    So you're up to 2, eh? I've had 3 anthologies cancelled, 2 online mags go stale for over 9 months, and had 2 completely disappear. I just want to make sure you feel like you're in good company and it's not just your writing scaring them away.

BTW, let me know where you submit next so I can avoid them.

Jacquin, I've had a magazine or two fold before they published my stories. Frustrating, eh?

Blog Entries
    Oh Well..... Hat Man has failed... Had the rejection this morning. They declined to give me any feedback, which is a bummer.... Think I will stick it in a draw and forget about it for a while.

LLafn Meistr still with the agent, who requested it. So I will just wait around and keep trying to write some new stuff.... Maybe it is for the best, maybe Llafn Meistr will be the one to take off.... who knows.... I certainly don't....

Yikes! Good luck, Holbrook! My fingers are crossed for you, and all that other superstitious nonsense that might help!

I'm sorry to hear about the story rejection. I've had a run of short story rejections lately--tons of personalized rejections, which makes it more frustrating--and I'm getting burnt out on short story writing. I'm longing to go back to writing novels and screenplays. I guess that's what I'll do, soon.

Yeah . . . the agents. I'm trying not to think about it too much.

I'm sorry to hear that Hol, anything with Jacquin in should be published if you ask me!

I submitted a piece to Andromeda on friday, got an email today saying that it will be in issue #20 if that's ok with me...

OK WITH ME??????????

Of COURSE its ok with me!!!!!!

It seems to be slightly faster that I expected, though I'm not complaining.

J

Loveable Rogue Moderator juzzza's Avatar
    Sorry Hol

Well done J!!!!!! Is it a short or a poem or a nekkid photo of Sammie what what what!?!

It is a short, The Rat Catcher. I submitted it a while ago and got a rejection and advice for some changes that would improve it. I did what they suggested and they snapped it up. I never even made it onto the progress site!

Hehehehehehe

J

P.S. How much do you think they'd pay for nekkid pics of S?

That's pretty awesome, Jacquin. Congratulations!

What're their submission processes/responses like? I'm thinking of submitting there for the first time.

It's pretty good, they send you a received email with a reference number within a couple of days and you can then follow your story through the three rounds of reading on their website. It's a nice way of doing it imho.

Of course I am bound to be a little biaised in their favour

J