Page 174 of 199 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175176184 ... LastLast
Results 2,596 to 2,610 of 2971
    Quote Originally Posted by MLSawyer View Post
    The good old Zena Warrior princess leather looking protect nothing but at least I look good outfit... not picking on it though, I would love to have my own outfit. No idea what I'd use it for though
    This artwork is a perfect example of a publisher leaning toward what sells rather than what is authentic to the character or story. I went through three rounds of "put her in SF combat armor" and lost. Looking at the cover, one would have no idea this was supposed to be military SF. Still, this guarantees catching the eyes and selling a product, and does at least (sigh) capture the main character's spirit.

Kerry

Creator of Worlds sullivan_riyria's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Fall/Winter is my "writing time" and I've been pretty happy with how things have been going.

I finished a short story.

I finished the first cut of my next novel (a contemporary fantasy).

I've outlined a new project I'm toying with (based on how fun it was to do the short written the first 10,000 words or so.
    Last edited by sullivan_riyria; October 21st, 2011 at 05:16 AM.

Progress..

Hello everyone, I have been pecking away for about a month now to created a series of fantasy e-novellas. I plan on making each book in the series about 20K words. So far I am working on book 3. Storylines are starting to coalesce. Life is good.
    Last edited by Rob B; October 19th, 2011 at 12:00 PM. Reason: signatures not allowed

Blog Entries
    Tonight's writing is done. I'm at 13,500

Blog Entries
    Going through the final final proof of Tallen... my eyes are about to fall out but I hope to have the check done no later than tomorrow so the print run from my publisher can sort the print run for the Dec release

Received this a glowing review from Foreword, needless to say I'm thrilled and hoping the exposure translates to sales.

http://www.forewordreviews.com/revie...ocalypse-gene/

Carlyle's review

Nice review on the Apocalypse Gene, Carlyle. You earned it. So are you getting many entries to the Kindle give-away drawing?

Quote Originally Posted by Window Bar View Post
    Nice review on the Apocalypse Gene, Carlyle. You earned it. So are you getting many entries to the Kindle give-away drawing?
    It started out slow, but it's really exploding now, probably because we are on day 19 of a thirty day blog tour, and we arre doing ads on facebook and Goodreads.

Blog Entries
    Current WIP 16,500 words.

Closing in

My WIP, which will join my currently available title as part of a series, has hit 50,000 words today. Probable finish @ 70,000, which is medium to long for young adult fantasy.

Picked up my piece of **** non-novel for the first time in months last night and had a splurge. Stuff just came. It was great. A whole stream of stuff which still looked structured and funny the next day. (I hate it when stuff that has you giggling like a loon as you write it looks like totally unfunny verbal arsewipings in the cold light of morning.)

Blog Entries
    22,000 words - I'm happy with the progress to date.

Author's website revamped to bring it into the modern world. Roughly three days worth of work - and I do this for a living, heh. WIP continues into chapter three of first draft.

Kerry

I am gearing up for Nanowrimo now. Anyone else?

Just published a short story collection of high fantasy tales for my writing partner. He had put it together just as back story--a lot of exercises, really. Never intended to publish them, but then thought "Eh, why not?"

That was fun, as it gave me more practice formatting/making covers.

I have a TBR list a mile long, including a novel by an Aussie author here on the SFF board.

Feeling a *little* overwhelmed, but it's only me pushing me at this point, so that's kind of silly.

My pushing pays off pretty well, though. This Brilliant Darkness broke the top 100 for Dark Fantasy and The Wizard story I posted in the short story thread here continues to hang around the top of the charts on Amazon.

So...I guess before November starts I need to clean up my old mss of Troll or Derby. What's that...a week away?

!!!

Blog Entries
    My latest WIP is now 25,000 words. Which if it is similar to my other works is about 25%. I'm really enjoying where this is going but alas will have to step away from it for about a week as I'll be in San Diego for the World Fantasy Convention.