Page 179 of 199 FirstFirst ... 79129169177178179180181189 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,685 of 2972
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteMC View Post
    Ah crap, sorry to hear that mate. Oh well, onwards and upwards

I haven't forgotten that beta read I'm supposed to be doing for you by the way, Real Life has just been getting in the way a bit (a lot) recently. I'll get on it soon, I promise!
    No worries. That project is on the back burner at the moment. I'll probably start back on it in the next month, or so. (Real life does get in the way, doesn't it?)

virangelus, any input would be appreciated, I've never been a good salesman. Though, I have been reading up on the subject. There are a lot of ideas out there, sometimes they work and sometimes they won't--but if I have a quality product it should be a good start.

B5

It could be worse. ~tmso Moderator N. E. White's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for being open about it, B5. It sucks, but we'll all learn from your experience. I guess that's why they always say do your homework...

Anyway, good luck with getting control over your book.

Elated or Deflated?

Two weeks ago, my current WIP (begun toward the end of January 2011) seemed to be nearing completion, at least in first draft stage. The word count had topped 70,000, and all was written except the conclusion, which was outlined in detail.

But the brain can become a traitor while pretending to be a friend. It dreamed up a substantially better ending. Not just a little better, a whole lot better.

So now, in my second draft, I'm changing at least 75% of the old work. No mere editing job, this. Ah well, onward and upward.

Ain't it fun, boys and girls?

--WB

Blog Entries
    Good luck Window Bar, I've almost got book 3 throguh critters on draft number... not sure, lost count. And I'm seriously changing / adding a chapter to the start. Not quite as dramatic but still, I feel for you .

Not a huge fantasy element here (unless you count unrealism), but check out my new flash story about a brave girl testing herself by challenging a male heavyweight champion to a street fight. Brutal battle... hardcore heroine!

http://darkmythproductions.com/thewo...hallenger.html

Category: Small Victories...

Just learned my YA Fantasy Spirit Thorn, A Tale of Parallel Worlds was selected as one of the thirteen initial fantasy-book downloads for the e-library of the Kirkwall Grammar School in the Orkney Islands.

Hey, in this racket you take your victories from whatever direction.

And thank you, Kirkwall. -- WB

It could be worse. ~tmso Moderator N. E. White's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Woohoo! That's great, WB. You deserve it!

Way to go WB!

Working on the Dreaded Query Letter (tm). I hate this.

Great WB! Your story will be assigned ready for little kids who have to write reports explaining what you meant when this character said or did this or that, etc. etc.

No really. Good job.

B5

Just wanted to let everyone know another action epic (okay, not really at 4,700 words) of mine is now available to read in the Kindle ezine, Kzine. After gaining mysterious supernatural powers, the warrior heroine in this one finds herself in a struggle against an enemy she cannot fight with fist or blade - one within herself. Check it out and enjoy the story!

http://www.amazon.com/Kzine-Issue-2-...7799181&sr=1-1

Blog Entries
    Today I finished the first draft of book 5 - Deceiver (QOTD Aftermath 4)... exciting times. Now to make sure Elflings (QOTD Aftermath 2) is ready for the publisher (as it's due out in Dec... just going over the final draft now) and then it will be working on actually typing up Deceiver whilst getting Silence Rising (QOTD Aftermath 3) ready for release next year... Managed to fit in a blog post and website update as well... busy (but happy) times!

Hey, I'm new here. I'm currently around 15 pages into my first 'novel' (not sure if it will be long enough to constitute a novel, but we'll see). It's an apocalyptic 'sci-fi' in the sprit of Wyndham. I quite enjoying writing it so far!

Quote Originally Posted by EschatologistUK View Post
    Hey, I'm new here. I'm currently around 15 pages into my first 'novel' (not sure if it will be long enough to constitute a novel, but we'll see). It's an apocalyptic 'sci-fi' in the sprit of Wyndham. I quite enjoying writing it so far!
    Excellent. Keep it up and have fun. -- WB

I currently have one book published, sold several hundred from a resturant where I work and some on line. book 2 is at the editor, and going well. Book three has 69 hand written in code pages and is going even better. I love writing and sharing is good too.

Good luck everyone with your writing, publishing and advertising. I think there are stars amongst us....wonder who they are? Some day we will say, hey I knew that guy from my forum!

My story "Finding Heroes" is featured in the latest edition of Roar and Thunder. It's a lighthearted fantasy about a boy trying to save mankind from the gods who meets much-needed help in the form of a "professional" hero and his (perhaps familiar to you) cook, maid, and scribe. Enjoy!

http://roarandthunder.com.au/2012/finding-heroes/