Page 182 of 198 FirstFirst ... 82132172180181182183184192 ... LastLast
Results 2,716 to 2,730 of 2965
    It has been a very long time since I last posted here, so here it goes.

I finished the first draft of my first fiction book. It came in at 135,000 words, which is extremely long and ends on something of a cliffhanger. I've done one "post-research" edit, and I will be editing for content at a later date. It is a prequel to my primary series, and was originally written as fodder for my climb to one million words of fiction. However, I love the characters and story too much to toss it. I'll come back to it. I've begun the sequel, and am ~12,000 words into it now.

I've decided to outline the sequel, as I did that for the latter half of the first book. While I wasn't totally faithful to the outline, it made my writing and storytelling so much more crisp and focused. I think the outline will help me to stay in the 100,000 word range this time around.

I've made an extensive wiki, and developed the villain for my primary series more fully. I can honestly say I love my villain.

Registered User theonefirestorm's Avatar
    First book in a Science Fiction seires of a alien hero.
    Written the plot of it.

Today I thought of the alien hero's archenemy, and what he'll do when he makes his first appearnce in the 2nd book.

Blog Entries
    I can't think of any other title other than Interrupted Journey for the third prequel short for Amazon. I think, hope, my publisher will agree with this title. It's about a derelict space freighter blasting through the asteroid belt, with the crew nearly dead, hanging on by a thread. My crew goes to the rescue to catch her and attempt to save the crew.

tri

It could be worse. ~tmso Moderator N. E. White's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I just finished a complete re-write of my first novel. It is longer now and, I think, better. Only about 90k, but that's long for me.

It is still a rough draft, but I'm hoping it's a better looking turd than the last one. Will brace myself for a round of revisions and editing. Hopefully, just editing, but there are parts I'm not entirely happy with. I guess I never will be.

But I'm finished with one part. Phew!

Blog Entries
    Just realized the epic urban/sci/fantasy/thriller that's at 60k probably needs to be scrapped and started over. That's okay, it was very flawed. So for now, I'm putting most of my energies into a YA steampunk novel. Only about 10k into that one, but it's practically writing itself and I don't see it being much more than 75k or so, so I've actually got a good chunk done. And I'm constantly writing shorts for the contests here and putting them through critters, so maybe some day I'll sell something on that front as well. Anything to keep the mind active, right?

Man of Ways and Means kennychaffin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AZimmer23 View Post
    Just realized the epic urban/sci/fantasy/thriller that's at 60k probably needs to be scrapped and started over. That's okay, it was very flawed. So for now, I'm putting most of my energies into a YA steampunk novel. Only about 10k into that one, but it's practically writing itself and I don't see it being much more than 75k or so, so I've actually got a good chunk done. And I'm constantly writing shorts for the contests here and putting them through critters, so maybe some day I'll sell something on that front as well. Anything to keep the mind active, right?
    Good for you! Sorry about the scrapping, but I'm sure you learned from it. Keep at it!
    Last edited by kennychaffin; May 25th, 2012 at 05:38 AM.

I just passed 72000 words of my epic fantasy. I aim for about 110-120k for the first book. Lately, progress has been slow because of the green nightmare that has arisen in my garden. :-)

My story "Price of Fate" is out now in Swords and Sorcery Magazine. This tale revolves around a brave seer who will do WHATEVER it takes to protect her beloved brother from the fate she has foreseen for him... enjoy!

http://swordsandsorcerymagazine.com/story-2.html

Blog Entries
    Glutton, I think I know you from Absolutewrite, but I could be wrong. Hello, nevertheless!

My promo is going very well for my latest SF release, Planet Janitor. It's holding good rank and producing sales. I'll have another prequel short story up very soon at Amazon, and the current one, The Moon is not Enough, is still free for the taking.

My newest release, The Wolfen Strain, should be out this month sometime. I'm awaiting my first view of the cover art, then it will be up for sale at Amazon.

I have 22 submissions out there, and my agent has three of my books making the rounds. Hoping for a large NYC sale here.

chris

Shipped an essay out yesterday, waiting for response. A couple more finished or near finished I need to market.

No progress (many things in the works/started/partially finished) on the fiction front, but hope to get cranking this week and finish up at least one story.

Progress currently = nil. I got from query to partial to a full submission with Jennifer Jackson at Donald Maas, only to fall at the final hurdle. Haven't quite picked myself up again yet...

Sorry Pete...get back on that horse!
    Last edited by kennychaffin; June 2nd, 2012 at 03:27 PM.

Witch
    I've currently written 7,000 words of my first novel. Well, the first one I will finish, that is. It isn't much compared to some of you guys, but I suppose you have to start somewhere.

Was able to complete a couple of poems yesterday, that felt good. Need to get kickin' today.

Blog Entries
    Picked up four subscribers to my blog in just the past four days. So I guess I did something right, or had a decent topic going on. That's never happened.

chris