Page 183 of 197 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183184185193 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,745 of 2955
    Man of Ways and Means kennychaffin's Avatar
    Wasn't me.

but congrats!

It could be worse. ~tmso Moderator N. E. White's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteMC View Post
    Progress currently = nil. I got from query to partial to a full submission with Jennifer Jackson at Donald Maas, only to fall at the final hurdle. Haven't quite picked myself up again yet...
    Holy Cow - that's huge! Congrats, Pete! Don't feel too bad. If you managed to get that far, it just means you need to try a different agent. Dude! I'm so happy for you.

If it helps (probably not considering who it is coming from), my query got rejected from her office quicker than it is taking me to write this post.

Thanks TMSO - can't say it feels huge as "no" is still "no" but I know what you mean, at least she liked it enough to read it all!

Actually she even took the time to give me feedback on what she thought was wrong with it, which was very good of her, so at least I've got something to go on for the next round of revisions. Damn though, I really thought I'd bagged it this time...

Quote Originally Posted by PeteMC View Post
    Thanks TMSO - can't say it feels huge as "no" is still "no" but I know what you mean, at least she liked it enough to read it all!

Actually she even took the time to give me feedback on what she thought was wrong with it, which was very good of her, so at least I've got something to go on for the next round of revisions. Damn though, I really thought I'd bagged it this time...
    Excellent!!!

Man in the High Castle Awesomov's Avatar
    Working on several stories at once. Tend to write whenever I'm inspired, last time being about five days ago when I wrote three pages.

Yeah, I'm slow, but that seems to up the quality of everything I write.

Still editing stuff, all day every day, except carving out half hour to work on the new new book to keep it awake and alive, and the other stuff (oddly enough, laundry does not do itself. Nor dishes. And even hot dogs have to be dropped in the hot water to warm them up, and popcorn has to go in the hot-air-popper, and so on.)

Progress is slow but steady. Excellent editor but this is first time we've worked together and that always means things slow down (email: "Did you mean A or B?" Her email: "D, actually." )

Quote Originally Posted by E_Moon View Post
    .... And even hot dogs have to be dropped in the hot water to warm them up, and popcorn has to go in the hot-air-popper, and so on.)
    Is that what I have to look forward to if I make a go of this full-time writing gig?

My progress has been relative nil the last couple of weeks, no excuses other than I've not felt too well (enough to affect my writing/motivation). I did get signed up for private high-deductible health insurance.

Did I mention that I got an acceptance from James Gunn's Ad Astra (premier issue) for one my poems titled "Silent Spirit?" I was quite jazzed about that. Also an invite to read it at the Campbell Conference, but I'm probably not going to be able to make the conference at this point.

Just got a poetry rejection from Tin House...need to get those out to the next market.

Sent out a non-fiction query to Clarkesworld today.

Working on a couple of story ideas.
    Last edited by kennychaffin; June 11th, 2012 at 03:58 PM.

Blog Entries
    Man, with everything else going on, my blog is slacking. Just got a post up about the Fifty Shades fiasco. Whew!

I try to hit the blog every three or four days, but lately even that's been a chore. I NEED better work ethics!

chris

It could be worse. ~tmso Moderator N. E. White's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Wow - lots of projects, ya all. Keep it up!

I just sent in my 2 pages (and a bit) synopsis to my writing coach. I shouldn't be nervous. I mean, I hired her to help/teach/berate me to be better, for pete's sake. But I can't help but be nervous that she's gonna hate it. It is longer than she asked, but its WAY shorter than the original 14 page synopsis I had.

Just shipped a poem off to Asimov's and three to Red River Review (non SF).

Ah, the joys of promotion. Work on my current fantasy project (51k into first draft - yay!) has to pause as there's "Apollo Con" this weekend in Houston. Don't know what panels I'm on yet, but I do have a table to show off my previous books and a nifty new hard shell suitcase to carry my books in (last one finally disintegrated). This will be the second to last convention for me this year, culminating in "Wizard World" in my home town of Austin - run by the Comic-Con bunch.

Kerry

Blog Entries
    Agent just sent notification that we have an R & R from interested publisher. This house in not one of the big six, but has all the resources in place for a shot at the book stores and a good advance. So, I'm rushing over the manuscript trying to do some last-minute cleaning and proofing.

chris

ETA: Just did two interviews in a row, for separate books. Now back to the proofing.
    Last edited by Triceratops; June 21st, 2012 at 05:36 PM.

Excellent!

I completed the first edit of an essay I'm working on. Waiting to hear on several things.

One of the three poems (above) "House Keeping" was accepted at Red River Review - will be in the August issue.

Congrats on the acceptances folks!

I must get off my butt and send something out again soon...

Ran through a couple of edits on my current essay 'Butterflies' ... will review again today and begin the marketing process....unfortunately most of the markets I'm aiming at with this one require queries first. Will get that moving today as well.

Got a potential story idea from the "fears" thread.. http://www.sffworld.com/forums/showt...250#post688250 ..will try to flesh that one out today a bit as well.