Page 25 of 197 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    92,000 words done on Echoes of Oracle. I know have a good handle on the fates of my main characters, just need to get it down in words. The time line is a bit iffy in the last section at present, but that will come clear in the first edit. I need to get the sections written.

I am still debating the fate of the main two leading characters, tempted not to have a happy ever after.... well as happy as most of my endings get lol... The fate of most of the back up characters is set as is the villians of the piece. though one will surprise the hell out of my "readers" when they get that section of the draft lol... Though the fate of one might change if I change the fate of the two main characters if that makes sense.

Anyhow, after a time stalled I think I have it, till it gets stalled again... looking like at least 140,000 words though to get this story told...

Still no news from the agent, wondering if they have forgotten me, been over four months, but a friend said the longer they take the more chance is that you are close.... wish I knew though one way or the other. *sigh*

I guess this would be a good place to post this . . .

For a school project this semester, I am writing/directing/producing a fantasy radio drama. I had no idea how to go about writing a script, so I started off by writing my ideas out as a short story. When that was done, it was about 22 or 23 pages in length. By then, I had learned how to write out a script. So, I finished that about ten days ago and it was about 30 pages long. NOW, I'm into the directing phase. I've got about five actors so far (half of what I need). It'll all work out, though.

It could have been worse, though. I at first wanted to be a masochist and compose a totally new musical score for this sucker. That would have been an absolute nightmare, and I'm glad my teacher talked me out of it.

My god, Saedolin, you remind me of someone who would sit in their house, typing on their computer with a shotgun only two feet away, muttering incessantly, "Murderers! ASASSINS!"*.

* For those of you who remember the old "Star Trek"

Lord of Wallumbilla Gregorius_H's Avatar
    Hey everyone, I haven't been around in like... I don't know... a month. Progress has been slow on the main novel I'm writing at the moment, but I've started this short story that is coming along quickly and I'm very pleased with it.

Excellent...

Zelazny Wannabe
    Loser's been revised. Another piece of flash I wrote called 'Phantom' is finally stream-lined enough to start subbing, which I'm going to do this week. It's a littke, 750 worder, but everyone who reads it has good things to say about it.

Working on a writing challenge for another site I belong to, a 3k short story about a trio of assassins in an odd, semi-modern world. Finished the rough draft and now ready to revise and trim half of it to create a halfway decent story.

Novels on pause for a bit. Dominion is still in the boring, dialoguey parts that kind of bore me, and PtR, while interesting, has to take a back seat until I finish this writing challenge, because it's coming due fast.

All's well.

Saedolin, welcome to being a writing. It only gets worse from there.

~Pax

67,000 words in to the novel...measure by measure and brick by brick...I feel like Petrocelli and his damn house.

Zelazny Wannabe
    Subbed 'Loser' and 'Syncopation', two odd pieces of flash.

Look forward to my rejections.

~Pax

Good luck........

Zelazny Wannabe
    Thank you much =)

~Pax

An imaginary place in my brain where creativity is appreciated!
    In short, an absolute miracle has happened.

All this time...all these rejection letters...I think you'll agree it turns you into a bit of a pessimist. That healthy discouragement means that when you recieve a positive response from a publisher (not an agent), it leaves you...somewhat surprised. It makes you even more surprised when the publisher informs you your novel is far too long, and asks you if releasing it as a trilogy would be too much of a hassle...I must remember to say I don't particularly mind.......

For the first time I'm lost for words. Wow....

Blog Entries
    Nice work James, was it one of those "personal rejections" or does the editor want to see the work?

As for me clocked up 100,000 on the latest story... but having trouble with my "villain" lol... I think I am going to pull a fast one and turn the tables a bit, as when does a character you believe to be a good guy, turn bad... what pushes someone to want to destroy someone else. When does a personís efforts to change part of their world become the actions of a fanatic....... It might also give me a good way into the ending I want; that was beginning to sound naff the way I had it plotted.

I guess it's time for me to start

I'm just over 50,000 words on my first novel, The Minerva Virus

And I can honestly say it is the best first half of a novel I have ever written!

An imaginary place in my brain where creativity is appreciated!
    Oh they're interested, no rejections or anything.

Loveable Rogue Moderator juzzza's Avatar

I Made A Sale!!!

Cool, I have been counting down the days since my Fantasy short 'The Talk' got a 'hold' request with Andromeda Spaceways... after three months they release it back to you and I am two months in, gulp!

Anyway, I forgot about some of the other submissions I have made and this morning I got an email to say my horror/weird tale, 'Dotted Line' will appear in Nocturne Magazine in October (issue 5.5).

Awesome!

This is a new mag from Lighthouse Media and I believe I am not the first SFFWORLD'er to get an acceptance?

**EDITED TO ADD** JamesL was published in issue 1.5, hey James have you received your contributor copy yet, what is the quality like?
    Last edited by juzzza; April 28th, 2005 at 03:48 AM.

Blog Entries
    Well done Juzzza! you are getting a good portfolio there... get that novel sorted out will ya! Get it submitted!

As for me four months since the agent requested the work, nothing else out there now. Don't entend to submit anything until I get a yes or no. Seriously think it will be a no and fairly soon I feel. It will give me time to get this present work finished and edited... To those that have read it for me thanks, I am stumbling along now, the final 50,000 words needs a lot of research/planning/thinking and to be honest I am not getting the time. I hope to this weekend, being May day and not got anything planned.

But then again this morning I have wasted a good couple of hours writing posts..... lol..... but not in the frame of mind to work on the book.