Page 44 of 198 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Reginald Gordon
    Who did your cover?
    Canadian artist - Richard Marchand.

Thanks Holbrook.

Jaarfindor Remade is 65,000 words to the good, and close to finishing. Not an epic, by any means. But it feels good to have the finishing post in sight.
    Last edited by Sean Wright; March 28th, 2006 at 02:31 PM.

I just submitted a science fiction short story titled "The Mission" (what a creative title!) to the Writers of the Future Contest.

Quote Originally Posted by Banger
    I just submitted a science fiction short story titled "The Mission" (what a creative title!) to the Writers of the Future Contest.
    Good luck with that one!

Sean, Awesome cover!

Very Cool! Good luck with the book!

I am looking at the cover of book II of The Bartimaeus Trilogy by Stroud - a metalic flavor - it almost looks 3-D. Very interesting effect.

I am new to this site and I wish you all the best of luck in placing your writing "out there". I was thinking, though, it might be interesting for the site to have a thread where people could post a sample of their creative endeavors.
    There would have to be rules on length and cleanliness and hopefully the responses could all be positive! (We be such fragile creatures.) Perhaps the moderators could think on that one. Who knows - agents could be roaming? Or, with self-publishing so inexpensive, some of us could get together and start a small press. OK, I am getting ahead of myself. It could be interesting though.
    Anyway, keep writing and rewriting and rewriting!

Loveable Rogue Moderator juzzza's Avatar
    Hi Angle,

Welcome to SFFWORLD.

There is a community for posting your stories, see the link above. You are welcome to come back to the forums to ask for feedback.

Cheers

Juzzza

Under the dragon's arse hoping he won't realise i'm here and trying to steal his treaure.
    Yeah, post a thread here (writing forum) after you post the story and ask what people think. It never hurts to ask.

Ahsoooo!

Thanks! Yes, I see I need to explore the site. Will do!

Under the dragon's arse hoping he won't realise i'm here and trying to steal his treaure.
    Sure just check out the stories section, click on the community log-in section and then follow the steps.

The you can "wow" us all into an early death with your words.

Wow - overwhelmed with the site!

I'm home!

Will pass on to some other writers I know.

I don't want to cause any early deaths; I would be happy to just knock someone's flip-flops off!

Came across some great writing, cool characters, and popping ideas as i browsed. Keep writing!

Talking Posting Progress

I am really on a high right now, it sucks that its 5:29am and i have to get up at 8:00am.

My creative wants and creative abilities have finally hit a point were they work well together, i personally feel great about it but i don't want to jinx it too much.

My story has been bing battered out for almost 4 years and now its actually working all my development of histories etc. prep work is all coming together and it feels great, i am soooooo going to celebrate later.

Hey, and if you wanna check it out its "The thief and the Shadows" in the stories section, under Chris McCartney.

Cheers, people.
    Chris

Blog Entries
    Rejection number eight for Oracle.

Well, it wasn't quite a rejection lol. The Post Office returned the submission with a ticket that said "could not deliver, addresse gone away!"

Damn! I am frightening agents into leaving the country now!

Anyway, there is one lone submission out there now. Poor thing. It will be coming home soon I suppose...

'twould be good to see Oracle in print. How to catch an agents/editors attention? Action figures? Themed pies? Audio book submissions? (Says the one with little/no submission experience... )

My own work's coming along. About 13000 words so far. Introduced almost all main characters. Three prior attempts died at about 3000 - 5000 words.

Good luck with the last submission, Holbrook! *crosses fingers for luck*

Well done with what you've got so far, Dawnstorm.

Where have I been? Moderator JRMurdock's Avatar
    I'm nervous as hell.

Astel (the entire manuscript) is in the hands of a publisher. This is a first for me. I had a passive aggressive rejection from an agent already (no response to e-mail query after 2 weeks). It's now in the hands of another agent.

I'm still editing my space opera V&A Shipping. I'm currently 30,000 words into The Continuing Adventures of Billy Barbarian. I just finished editing a short story, The Call of Gthulu, for Tales of the Slug. It'll be in the post tomorrow. I'm about 1500 words into a short story about a nine year old girl who lives in an abandoned church and some unsavory men come into the church and start doing unexplainable things. Of course I'll need to explain what the hell they're doing and I'm not sure what they're doing just yet.

I also finished the blow-by-blow synopsis for a star wars fan film. It's in the hands of my co-conspirators. Once we all agree on the synopsis, I'll start to write specific scenes.

Dang, when you spell everything out, it sure looks like a lot. My goal this year is to see my name in print, actual print, more times than when I was on my short story spree. During that year I saw print three times all with short stories. One anthology and two magazines. I need to beat that goal. Though I probably won't see print this year, I can make the sales and see the result next year.

How do I maintain my sanity?

Loveable Rogue Moderator juzzza's Avatar
    I held in my hands, yesterday, a hardback book with my name on it.

Now, it isn't quite what I had in mind lol, it is my bound, final version of my MSc Dissertation... but I certainly got a sense of what it is like to open up a box to find copies of a book with your name on it!

I send two copies off to University on Monday and then sweat it out for a few months.

The title:

Genre Readers are Revolting

An exploratory investigation into the dynamics of online communities and how membership influences the buying decision for consumers of genre fiction

Justin Thorne