Page 62 of 199 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112162 ... LastLast
    Awaiting The Inevitable Liathano's Avatar
    Lost somewhere in the Great Prairies of Canada
    Wow Hol, you're one busy individual! Where do you find the time?

I haven't been able to write in a couple of weeks. I see the scene in my head but just can't get it out. I guess it's time to get something on paper and fix it after so I can just move on. Does that count as writers block?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Richardb
    Hiya Hol!
    Wow, you've been busy!
    I wish I could say the same. No writing these days...
    You know I keep expecting a wonderful announcement!
    Don't worry, I'm patient!
    Not really busy writing

The novels all have been written a while. LF was first written six years ago, but edited a lot since then, Hat Man four years and it is well over 12 months since I finished Oracle. Just decided to get them out there.

The work in progress has taken me most of this year to sort out, large gaps due to real life problems, which at one point brought me to the point of giving up all together.

Whether the outlines will get written completely, who knows. Hand of Glory I want to get done,(I promise KatG i would do it.) the other two depending on whether the first books actually get decent feed back as both are sequels.
    Last edited by Holbrook; October 26th, 2006 at 05:45 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Liathano
    Wow Hol, you're one busy individual! Where do you find the time?

I haven't been able to write in a couple of weeks. I see the scene in my head but just can't get it out. I guess it's time to get something on paper and fix it after so I can just move on. Does that count as writers block?
    I have sat like that at times every one does.... My work is the result of a number of years, just sounds a lot if you say it quickly.... lol...

Quote Originally Posted by Holbrook
    The novels all have been written a while. LF was first written six years ago,
    Really?

Wow *shakes head*

That explains why I feel so old...

Sure they were already written... but I know you well enough to know you have been editing these things practically all along! No use denying it Hol!
    As always, I'm rooting for you!

Should be soon that the fabled "ten year" rule kicks in for you Holbrook.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacquin
    Really?

Wow *shakes head*

That explains why I feel so old...
    You feel old??? What does that make me ROFL! you can add about 18months research onto that, so not far off the ten year rule, Brian lol....

Richard, you know me well. I still have my doubts about LF, I worry it sags in the middle. I worry about the ending of Hat Man, it is totally tongue in cheek, but will it annoy the reader? I worry that Oracle is too much a mix of genres, not being pure fantasy and not historical fiction, also the semi victorian writing style( not like JS & MN, more Georgette Heyer) and as for the beginning *sigh*

Playing with a historical fiction (England, c. 1700) plot idea involving a family's downfall because of debts and political enemies, and the only survivor's escape, only to be captured and sent to a penal colony in the Caribbean. Goes on about the survivor's escape and his schemes to avenge his family's destruction. Lots of twists and turns, deception, mystery, traitors, and unexpected allies...we'll see how it goes.

Good luck with it, mage

Blog Entries
    Short story "All Things Seen" rejected, nice rejection, good comments....

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzlinkat View Post
    Good luck with it, mage
    Thankya Dazzlinkat.

girl searching for magic
    Oh man! I don't get on this thread for a couple of days, and then when I do, if find i've missed out on some really cool conversations! Oh well, I suppose that's the problem of being a teenager that is not able to get on the net very often.
    Still haven't had a reply back from the school journal, but still got a bit of time left to here from them. The two books I'm wroking on are going really well, though held up a bit 'coz I'm having to study for exams. Ahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Good luck to all of you, it sounds like you all are doing really well.
    Um... What is the ten year rule?
    It sounds like you should continue trying to publish that novel anyway Holbrook, or maybe leave it for a while so when you come back to it you can look at it with fresh eyes?

havent been on this for a long time!

dunno if this is the most appropriate place to post this but im not sure where i should actually post it so if im going about this all wrong feel free to point me in the right direction.

Just looking for some feedback and constructive critism on something im attempting to do. If people wouldnt mind.

http://www.sffworld.com/community/userstories.php

Got second rejection for my story. Only thing said, "This tale just didn't grab my interest, I'm afraid." How do you interpret that in order to find out what to fix? Or does it mean not the type I am looking for right now and I should just send it the my next victim without trying to 'fix' it first?

You can't interpret a message like that. All it means is no, sadly. The good thing is, if you have faith in the story as it stands, then of course you can just send it on to the next victim

All you need to do is find one person who likes it! One agent's opinion (ie the person who rejected it) doesn't mean much when the next might love it.