Page 86 of 197 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136186 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 2944
    girl searching for magic

Smile Congratulations!

I read the first three chapters, and really enjoyed them. It did have inklings of Harry Potter in it, but as I read on it left those behind and became its own story, seperate of HP.
    So, is it being published? Or are you still trying to find a publisher for it? Just remember, when it does go out in print, tell me so I can get a copy!

My own story is going really well still. On the day that I last posted I got another ten pages written. Since then I haven't done much, as I have been back at school with homework, and have only managed to write another three pages.
    Got up early this morning though to write, and have written four more pages already, I'm hoping to get another six done. I have nearly finished another chapter too, another page or two to sum the chapter up.
    Yay!

B5-How many pages is 40k? Got to be a lot! Cool.

Flightmom-Hope you sleep well!

Ours is over 60K words now, and that's 230 pages in MS Word. I haven't formatted it for printing yet, so I don't know the number of pages.

We're still looking for a publisher. We have an agent interested, but nothing signed yet. She's waiting to "re-evaluate" the project as a package deal with the Graphic Novel when I finish the script for it.

We're looking into iUniverse and others for self-publishing to feel out the market if nothing else.

Congrats on your story as well!... keep plugging along - you'll get there

Email me your addy and I'll send you a complimentary copy when we get them printed if I can :-D
    christine@bluemoosefilms.com

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post

B5-How many pages is 40k? Got to be a lot! Cool.
    "K" is shorthand for ,000, i.e. a thousand. 40K is 40,000. It's not epic sized, but is getting to be respectable.

B5

Blog Entries
    Couple more rejections, one a standard one for The Hat Man, the other, another personal letter from a UK agent for Oracle.

So;

As to outstanding submissions;

Oracle;

1 UK agent (sample chapters UK slush pile norm) 1 US agent query letter. 1 publisher full manuscript (slush pile submission) 1 small press (1 chapter slush pile.) 1 small press requested 5 chapters after query letter.

Hat Man;

2 US agents query letter. 1 UK publisher whole manuscript (slush pile)

Short stories.

Full Circle = considering this submission dead. I know all the held authors have been notified.

Jac = Still being held pending decision. The submission time for this anthology has now closed. As my story made it through the first read, I suspect I will be hearing soon if it doesn't make it through the second weeding out.

Giving of Aldra = still under consideration.

Two flash fiction still out there....

www.questwriter.blogspot. flightmom's Avatar
    Close to 4,000 words down on paper since yesterday!! The plot is pulling together. Hurray!

Oh, and for those who are beginners, I'd advise skipping the critiques/editing until after the first draft. It's less distracting. (Although, I haven't exactly done that myself...)

I AM too a mod! Moderator Rocket Sheep's Avatar
    Those of you who've gone to your mailbox today and found the latest Inflight Magazine from Andromeda Spaceways, will notice I'm on board with a rare fantasy story. Bizarre but true and it's not even urban fantasy... however it is Egyptian fantasy (I dragged that out for the sake of my epic fantasy friends who may have expected the worm to turn). Who can resist the chance to fool about with a God named Chaos?

It's got kinda cool artwork... a little bit ancient, a little bit alien... a little bit sexual... wait... maybe that just me.

And the cover is a bit weird... a stained glass Teddy bear holding a Tesla coil, about to be thumped by a dude with poor dress sense holding a golf club. Actually, I'm not too worried about that since the bear looks far too much like Humphrey B Bear, and I've always hated him. There must be a story there somewhere.

Anyway, if you are lucky enough to read "Collecting Whispers", let me know if I should stick to science fiction from now on.

author:chroniclesofsoone James Somers's Avatar

Talking Good news from Publisher editor:

Hey everyone...I've finished my fourth novel "A World Within."

I'm now performing the first edit and fine tuning along the way. 80k-85k is my standard novel length I shoot for.

I got some more good news from my agent. One of the large publishers, which asked for the complete manuscript for my Chronicles of Soone:Rise of Lucin, after reviewing the initial book proposal and sample chapters, said: "Based on the strength of what Id read previously Im getting some reviews of the work from Fantasy/Sci-Fi readers. Their opinions will help shape our next step. I wont have a response based on those comments until late August."

So this indicates that they are still moving in the "forward" direction with the manuscript...yippee!

James

girl searching for magic
    Good luck, James! And thanks, Kalitara for that offer, I'll email you that addy one day when I get round to it... I hope it does get published though. Oh, and B5, I did know that the k stood for a thousand, I just tend to work with pages instead of words so wanted to know how many pages that was as I don't think I've ever reached 40k before and so can't check... Thanks anyway.
    My progress report.
    Well, that mostly is schoolwork at the moment, and I'm finding it near impossible to write during the week. At least the weekends are still basically free, and I'm getting about 10 pages a day written then. I'm still really enjoying writing it, and the whole story is going well. I know that there are some dead spots in it, but I'll sort those out when I've finished my first draft and go onto my second.
    P.S Have I ever said that I love this thread? It is such a booster! Hope you all have luck with your writing.

Elspeth, I never really look at the page count, mostly because I like to type in Palatino, which I think is larger than Times. I think I'm close to a hundred typed pages, more or less.

Meanwhile. I have submitted a flash story to Abyss & Apex Magazine. I'm hopeful ... does anyone know anything about paypal? PM me.

Also, I submitted a story to a flash fiction contest before I read further down the page that the contest closed three days ago.
    (I hope they forget my name.)

B5

Note: I found markets by googling "Submission guidelines" along with my favorite genre or story type. -thought it might be helpful.
    Last edited by MrBF1V3; August 11th, 2007 at 11:08 PM.

Blog Entries
    Great going RS;

B5 will PM you later if this machine hold up (it is slowly dying at present, "sigh" at present it is working but for how long I don't know. )

I mentioned awhile ago that I had sold a story to Meadowhawk Press for their anthology "Touched by Wonder" well, it will be published at the end of September *grin* and this is the cover. Some very fine and award winning authors in there.

I AM too a mod! Moderator Rocket Sheep's Avatar
    Woohoo! Look at you go!

Your biblio is looking so healthy you will never have to sit in slush piles again.

Love the cover... terrible sexy those trees, don't you think?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Sheep View Post
    Woohoo! Look at you go!

Your biblio is looking so healthy you will never have to sit in slush piles again.

Love the cover... terrible sexy those trees, don't you think?
    Yes, trees are sexy!! The cover was inspired by one of the stories, so I am eager to read it.

ROFL! biblio has four credits!! Am still slush pile fodder!!!

The email arriving has lifted my spirits a lot.

Zelazny Wannabe
    Gratz Holbrook!

(As a quick aside, hot damn, my thread from 3 years ago is still going strong. I'd be gratified if I hadn't ripped the idea off from another forum ;p)

It's been at least a couple years since I've posted hereabouts, but I just stumbled onto this place again and remember how much I liked it. Since I was last here I finished two novels of questionable quality, one of which I'm shopping around and another that's deep into revision. Several pieces of flash published in questionable zines. One short story that may or may not see print in one of those anthologies.

Currently at work on a modern fantasy that's been practically writing itself for the first 25k or so. Sort of a combination of the Nightwatch series, with a dash of Zelazny's Amber and a pinch of Philip K. Dick. At the very least it's eclectic, and if I'm any judge, it might just be not-too-bad.

Anywhoo, hello again ;p.

~Pax

Blog Entries
    Request from a US agent for sample chapters and full synopsis of The Hat Man.

And good to see you again Pax.

Quote Originally Posted by PaxNoctis View Post

(As a quick aside, hot damn, my thread from 3 years ago is still going strong. I'd be gratified if I hadn't ripped the idea off from another forum ;p)

~Pax
    Nope, you should be gratified. I tried this thread on another site, it went ten whole posts and died. You added the right thread at the right place. Thanks.

Also, since I'm here, I've written two more flash stories, one of which I really like. And I've added two chapters to my NIP (Novel). Sometimes it's interesting to know what the bad guys are doing.

B5