Banned
    Blog Entries

Goodkind news!(no he isn't dead)

Taken from his website:
    This is a direct message from Terry to his fans.

Dear Readers,

I am pleased to announce that the next book, scheduled for release in early 2005, will be the first volume in the Chainfire Trilogy. This new book, CHAINFIRE, is the beginning of the story that is the grand conclusion to the Sword of Truth series.

The Chainfire Trilogy introduces a new story line to the series which will be the core background story to the trilogy and at the same time bring to a conclusion the ongoing story of the entire series.

In order to give readers a taste of what is to come, the first chapter in the Chainfire Trilogy will be released in the paperback of Naked Empire, due out in a few weeks.

It is now official: the Sword of Truth series will conclude with the Chainfire Trilogy.

I'm really excited by this event, and by the story. It will be beyond what anyone expects, or could possibly prepare for. The first sentence opening this chilling adventure is:

"How much of this blood is his?"

All the best,

Terry Goodkind

So you read it here first people. The SOT series ends in three more books.
    Also Chainfire is now confirmed to be the title of book 9.
    Why exactly is he calling this a trilogy? It's still part of SoT so why give the last three books a new name? I have not finished NE so perhaps that will help explain it??

Sorry Cadz, but you won't get any explanations from NE... though it seems that WoT will remain the longer of the two series by a book :lol:

Perhaps he calls it a trilogy more in the traditional sense - a story in three parts. Previously, Sword of Truth was a collection of related stories serving an underlying greater theme utilising the same characters. But now, think like the three books of Lord of the Rings, to wrap up the whole series.

I'm guessing the plot for these books will be that Richard and Kahlan get seperated by either; one of them being kidnapped or one of them having to make a sacrifice for the people and must leave the other. They spend the whole book seperated and then reunite toward the end.

Glad to see that there's finally an end to this series. I've enjoyed the books, less with each book, but I've read a lot worse than SOT.

I wonder what Goodkind will write after this "trilogy".

Does it matter? So long as it's something unrelated to the world of SoT.

I guess my question was, is he going to continue in the "fantasy"(he doesn't call SOT, fantasy) genre or is he going to write in another genre?

Mistress Rhapsody

Talking

I am so thrilled about his next book Chainfire. I know that the SoT books seem to go on forever, but now, I can't believe they're coming to an end soon. I really hope that Terry Goodkind writes more fantasy. It is my favorite genre and I love how he incorporates real-life issues in different ways. I can't wait to read anything else he writes.

If I recall correctly Terry or Zedd (webmaster of Terry's homepage) indicated he was planning on a philosophy/nonfiction book.

I'm with Kanin - I'm looking forward to seeing what he does next.

I hope it's fiction....and I also hope he can escape the Eddings-esque 'rewrite the last series' trap.....but I'm not holding my breath.

Also, with 3 more books to write yet, it could be quite a while.....!

Mistress Rhapsody

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by LordGrimm
    If I recall correctly Terry or Zedd (webmaster of Terry's homepage) indicated he was planning on a philosophy/nonfiction book.
    That is exiting. Even though I don't normally like nonfiction, I like philosophy, especially reading what Goodkind said in his letters and chats on the SoT homepage. I would definitely read it.

Banned
    Blog Entries

As an avid Goodking fan and reader, I am very excited about this.

I would also be thrilled to read any nonfiction he might publish, as he and I share many of the same ideas.