Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks for the infor appently the cast maybe people I don't know thier names, but I have seen them in other things (except liv tyler I know who she is I just diddn't see her on the cast list the first time I looked at it.

Well, I don't know if this is of interest but I live in NZ so we get quite a few snippets on the movie since it's a big deal over here. The director is Peter Jackson (The Frighteners) a NZ'er with a lot of experience in the film industry.

There have been some images of battlescene sequences shown on the news that the fil makers weren't pleased about because it was supposed to be hush-hush. Only thing is, they were filming in one of our national parks and couldn't legally keep people away from the set. *grin* I don't know if those images made their way onto the net though. About all I can tell you is that they're impressive!
    For anyone familiar with NZ locations, I think mordor is being filmed in the volcanic plateau area around Rotorua in the North Island. Hobbiton is being filmed on set in Wellington (North Island). I'm not sure what scenes they're filming elsewhere, but they've spent a lot of time in the world-heritage park of Fiordland (South Island) and around the lakes district around Queenstown. They're pretty secretive about the whole thing though. Casting calls for extras were requesting tall people (6foot+) for elves, and short people (<5foot) for hobbits and dwarves I guess. People in the middle weren't seemingly required *sigh* I'd have loved to have been an extra on it! Ah well, seems they're still struggling to find enough tall people though so anyone wanting to audition should have a chat to the producers
    Cheers.

Does anyone know when the movie is supposed to be released? I originally heard Christmass of 2000, but I haven't heard anything recently, and they are playing trailors for Holiday releases in the theaters and I havn't seen it so I was just wondering.

Hi...well, I just came across a nice website that has all the articles about the LOTR movie that have been in the New Zealand newspapers. While I'm sure some of you have other sources, I thought this might be of interest. The URL is... http://www.stuff.co.nz/inl/index/0,1008,0a2202,FF.html

What a mouthful eh? I think the date for release for the first movie is December 2001....though that might be 2000. Would need to double check that. It was mentioned in some of the articles on the site from memory.
    Cheers,
    Me

Finally got to see the trailer!!!! Waited till I had free internet access with NTL!!!!
    It looked brill and I wish it was on NOW!!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings but I beleive the release date for Fellowship of the Ring is Dec. 2001, The Two Towers is Dec. 2002, and Return of the King the following year. If I am wrong on this someone please let me know.......Thanks.

I think that those dates are correct. I had originally heard differntly, but they have since changed the date in the internet movie database from 2000 to 2001. In someways I hate knowing a movie is going to come out so far ahead of time beacuse I don't like waiting. It is cool when you see the trailer for the first time, and then a week later can go see the movie, rather then waiting two three years from when you first hear about it until you finally get to see the thing.