Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Despite the existence of those 2 other threads I feel it's important to say again that Bakker is an amazing writer, The Darkness That Comes Before is the best debut I've ever read and the Warrior-Prophet is even better.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I did Eldanuumea!

Blog Entries
    Eventine, thank you, I appreciate your directing me to already existing threads, love.
    And saintjon, I will be on the lookout for the American pub. of Warrior-Prophet.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitz
    The Darkness that Comes Before was recently released in the United States in Hardcover by Overlook press. And with a resounding yes, it is worth the Hardcover purchase. It is one of the most, if not THE most impressive debut novels I've ever read.

Hell, my Sffworld.com review is blurbed on the back of it for Heavan's Sake!!! (a first)

Oh goodness, I am thrilled! I hadn't read the back cover blurbs in detail, just skimmed the first couple......now I am going to slip the book up to the next book to read!
    What drew me to it was the dark elegance of the slipcover, monochromatic greys with calligraphic text in the background. I almost never buy new HC's straight off the bookstore shelf, but this one had a magnetic pull on me.

Perhaps it was the sffworld vibe tugging at me from the back cover......LOL