Help Me Research!

Hi All,

For those that don't know me around here already, I'm a writer who decided to create my own start-up publication. I've been spending the last few months planning things out on napkins and whiteboards and we have finally arrived at the testing phase!

As of right now, we are testing the service suite section of my company which provides full fledged production for authors and publications. We will be providing full narration, voice acting, graphic/cover art, musical score and sound effects for audiobooks/stories.

If you're interested in helping out and having your short story produced for free, please contact me with your name, contact info and any stories you would like to have worked on. You will receive this full production to use however you like and we will be able to use it for focus groups and other research. Feel free to shoot me a message with any questions!

Thank you all and I hope to hear from you soon!

-Dev

It could be worse. ~tmso Moderator N. E. White's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hello Devin,

I've sent over some stories, I hope they appeal to you.

[Moderator Hat ON]

We don't normally like to see these sorts of threads in the Writing forum. It might be better placed in the promotion zone, however, I suspect that you are not quite ready to open your doors for business, so to speak. So, I guess we'll leave this here for now (but don't be surprised if we move it to the Promotion Zone).

[Moderator Hat OFF]

Also, please make it clear that these stories will not be published by your new company, but rather produced for testing and marketing purposes for your new company. Will there be compensation? Or will that compensation be the final product of the audio-file of the story? What right's are you asking for?

Quote Originally Posted by N. E. White View Post
    Hello Devin,

I've sent over some stories, I hope they appeal to you.

[Moderator Hat ON]

We don't normally like to see these sorts of threads in the Writing forum. It might be better placed in the promotion zone, however, I suspect that you are not quite ready to open your doors for business, so to speak. So, I guess we'll leave this here for now (but don't be surprised if we move it to the Promotion Zone).

[Moderator Hat OFF]

Also, please make it clear that these stories will not be published by your new company, but rather produced for testing and marketing purposes for your new company. Will there be compensation? Or will that compensation be the final product of the audio-file of the story? What right's are you asking for?
    Hi Nila,

Thanks for you submission and all your valid points!

You are absolutely right, we aren't officially a business yet and are just looking for some help to build a portfolio, but I'll understand if it gets moved to the promotion thread.

Being that we are not officially in business yet, we will not be officially publishing any stories, but here are some of the "terms".

All authors will retain exclusive rights to their stories. We will not be publishing them under our publishing name and therefore will not require rights to your story. We Will only be offering our services of production for you to use however you wish. These services include full:

• Voice Narration
    • Voice Acting
    • Musical Score
    • Sound Effects

In return, you will be allowing us to use the audiobook version of your story that we create for use in testing focus groups and other marketing purposes. If you are interested in publishing your story with us once we have officially launched, that's an entirely separate matter that we can negotiate.

There will be no monetary compensation for you story submission. In return, you will be receiving a complimentary finished, clean and fully produced audio file that you may use however you wish.

Please let me know if you have any other questions, I'd be more than happy to discuss further.

Can't wait to read through your stories Nila!

Thanks!
    Devin