The Twilight Zone

Just for any of you fans of the 60s television series with Rod Serling, The Twilight Zone, a big new site has just been put up called Twilight Zone World that has everything for the Twilight Zone fan from an episode guide to sound clips to stills from many of the episodes!

Check it out at http://www.tzworld.com

Eric

Thanks for the news, TZ...but you need only have posted this once, here, in the TV and Film section, rather than in all the others as well. Welcome to the forum!

Hehehe, wondering how long it would take you all to catch that.

I look forward to some good Sci-Fi conversation here!

Eric Burke

- - - - - - - -
    Twilight Zone World: Everything that is TZ http://www.tzworld.com

26 minutes, by my reckoning!

Hey that's not bad, actually! You were on form, there, Neil.

Administrator Administrator Hobbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Having seen quite a few on cable lately, I do enjoy the Twilight Zones - Rod Serling was a master at creating stories in a 30 minute slot - but I actually preferred the (old) Outer Limits series myself.

Hobbit

Mark

Weasels Ripped My Flesh Nathan Carter's Avatar
    They were both such classics... honestly, more of my inspiration to write has come from those shows than from anything I ever read. The Twilight Zone had such a piercing yet subtle way of revealing the nature of man.
    While The Outer Limits shamelessly went the step further and implimented all the outrageous special effects that look so corney in retrospect. But that was the wonderful budding special effects industry of the 60's.

Administrator Administrator Hobbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    *bump*

An old series (and an old thread!) revisited.....

As an early birthday present, I had arrive in the post today (from the US) a six disc DVD copy of The Definitive Twilight Zone, Season 1.

The Definitive edition is remastered in both sound and vision from the original masters. It's 6 discs, 36 episodes, 930 minutes, in the original running order. All for about 45.

The quality of the picture and the sound are superb - for a TV programme over 45 years old, (and in black and white) the pictures are incredible. There are adverts, the original voiceovers at the end of each episode, commentaries and lots of extras which I'm digging through. I can run episodes with just the music.... I'm a big fan of Bernard Herrmann and it is very strange just to hear the music with the pictures...

.....And it includes a copy of The Twilight Zone Companion by Marc Scott Zicree.

I now have a copy of The Outer Limits and some of the Twilight Zone. Old, hokey, a little cliched, even a little heavy handed and preachy - but still very very good. (I'm reassessing what I said above about The Twilight Zone!)

Hobbit
    Mark