Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
    To try and kick some life back into this forum:

What's the official status of His Father's Fist?

It's now Caine's Law . . . and it comes out February of 2012.

Didn't you get the memo?

Dear Mr. Stover,

Being a massive SWEU fan, I was wondering how you got involved with the Star Wars franchise? How does that work? Did they contact you? You them?

Do they give you free range on a story outline? Do they send you a basic outline, and say go crazy? Do you enjoy writing the SWEU novels? Whoops, I'm sorry, got a little excited there. Basically, please talk a little (or a lot) about your experience with the SWEU novels. It is AN HONOR to ask you a question, and I've enjoyed your novels immensely! Any future plans with SWEU?
    Last edited by FrigidSurf; August 6th, 2011 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FrigidSurf View Post
    Dear Mr. Stover,

Being a massive SWEU fan, I was wondering how you got involved with the Star Wars franchise? How does that work? Did they contact you? You them?

Do they give you free range on a story outline? Do they send you a basic outline, and say go crazy? Do you enjoy writing the SWEU novels? Whoops, I'm sorry, got a little excited there. Basically, please talk a little (or a lot) about your experience with the SWEU novels. It is AN HONOR to ask you a question, and I've enjoyed your novels immensely! Any future plans with SWEU?
    Hi. Sorry it's taken so long to reply -- I very rarely check this forum any more.

I was recruited for SWEU by my editor(s) at Del Rey, shortly after they acquired my Acts of Caine series. My first book was TRAITOR, in which LucasFilm Licensing had a very specific point of the New Jedi Order story arc they wanted me to address; they let me figure out how to address it.

In SHATTERPOINT, they asked me to produce a Clone Wars-themed hardcover starring Mace Windu -- something that would reflect the darker, more tragic tone of the prequels.

REVENGE OF THE SITH, of course, was an assignment to turn Mr. Lucas' shooting script into a novel.

For LUKE SKYWALKER & THE SHADOWS OF MINDOR, they simply had some space in their Star Wars schedule, and they asked me to fill it. I pitched a number of ideas, and the one they liked best concerned the Battle of Mindor, Luke Skywalker's last battle as an officer of the New Republic armed forces.

Hope that answers your questions. And I again apologize for the long wait.