Hybrid View

Let's write a story...

I'll begin, its a fantasy story. The rest of you just add what you want and let's see where it goes.

"They're coming." Jayden intoned as he and his brother, Gregor, looked out over the castle walls. The sun shone down hot and heavy and inside his armor Jayden felt as though he were cooking.
    "Don't sound so ominous." Gregor said, giving his brother a playful nudge. "What's it been, 10 years, 20 since last they came?"
    "15."
    "15 then. And what happened last time?"

"We were put on show, had to get our faces kissed and our cheeks pinched only we'd both drank some of that hard cider and threw up all over Aunt Nora," Jayden shrugged.
    "Oh. Forgot about that."
    "You were three. Of course you forgot."
    "Right," Gregor nodded. "Think we can make a run for it?"
    "Not a chance. The only thing that'll save us now is an enemy army or a dragon attack.
    "Hey, what's that up there?"

“That big glowing ball in the sky?”
    “That’s the sun you idiot. No, up there in the clouds.”
    Gregory squinted, half blinded by the sunlight. It took a minute but he finally saw what his brother was talking about. A sparkle in the sky, like a star, only it was the middle of the day. As he watched, the sparkle moved, floating up and down like a leaf in the wind.
    “What do you make of it?” He asked, perplexed.
    Jayden shook his head, his brow wrinkling as he stared into the heavens. A stiff breeze swept over the wall, tossing his sandy brown hair and pushing him backward. He stood up straighter, his jaw tightening.
    “It’s an omen,” he said in a quiet voice.
    Gregory looked at his brother, a teasing smile on his round face. He didn’t believe in omens, although Jayden took them quite seriously.
    “Are we doomed then?” He asked, with light-hearted sarcasm.
    Jayden punched his brother on the shoulder. Hard.
    “Don’t make fun of the omens Gregory. The gods have ears you know.”
    ”I know, I know,” Gregory rubbed his shoulder. “But these are peaceful times, what could we possibly have to fear?”

"Gregory? Jayden?" echoed a voice from below.
    "Its Auntie Jan!" Gregory whispered hoarsely, turning towards the tower stair. "She's coming to pinch our cheeks!"
    "You're a grown man now Gregory," Jayden smirked. "Or at least you're suppose to be. Besides, you're wearing armor! How is she suppose to get in there?"
    "I know I'm a grown man but that's not going to stop her! She's got a pinch that would bend iron! All our birthday sixpences were bent, didn't you ever wonder why?"
    A shadowy figure moved in the tower doorway, puffing a small cloud of smoke.
    Jayden and Gregory froze, then relaxed. "Milter!"
    "Hello boys, what are you doing up here?" the castle wizard asked, puffing on his pipe.
    "Trying to stay out of the way of the visiting guests for our sister's wedding," Jayden said. "Dad suggested we come up here."
    "I see," twinkled the wizard's eye merrily. Leaning over the edge of the parapit, he stared down at the throng of people below.

From the far tower, there came a crash. The two young princes and the wizard whirled around.
    "What was that?" the princes chorused.

"Damn!" Milter spat stomping around the tower, leaving Jayden and Gregor to shrug at one another and bring up the rear. "I forgot to renew the spell."
    Looking over the man's shoulder, the brothers could see a broken wooden lounge chair complete with cup holders on each arm and the remains of a chest that must have been tied to its back which was now dribbling its...Jayden stepped closer and gave a sniff, beer and whiskey contents all over the flagstones.
    "What's this?" Jayden asked fixing a suspicious eye on the wizard who looked like he wanted to crawl into his pointed hat.
    "Uh...heh...its just my barco lounger."
    "What spell?" Gregor asked leaning forward. "Wouldn't have been a levitation spell by any chance would it?"
    "Welll...what if it was!" He fumed. "That Aunt Jan of yours has fingers that can pinch the dimples off your cheeks. I was planning to fly out to my cabin over on Fang Tooth Mountain for a few days."
    "What, and leave us?" Jayden glared indignantly.
    "My boy." Milter patted his face with a sickly sweet smile. "These aren't the only types of cheeks she likes to pinch."
    "Boys!" Aunt Jan exploded gleefully from behind them.
    Last edited by Chris G.; November 7th, 2004 at 06:17 PM.

Exclamation Here's a suggestion....

Take it or leave it. I'd rather the story just follow an inspirational course, but what about THIS idea?

Milter and the boys teleport to the cabin just as Aunt Jan races over to them. Milter didn't intend to take the boys, but..."OOPS!"
    Can't send them back for three days. Ok, three days later they go back and everyone's dead. HUh...HUH.....what-a-ya think?!??!??!?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris G. View Post
    I'll begin, its a fantasy story. The rest of you just add what you want and let's see where it goes.

"They're coming." Jayden intoned as he and his brother, Gregor, looked out over the castle walls. The sun shone down hot and heavy and inside his armor Jayden felt as though he were cooking.
    "Don't sound so ominous." Gregor said, giving his brother a playful nudge. "What's it been, 10 years, 20 since last they came?"
    "15."
    "15 then. And what happened last time?"
    a wizard comes on the parapet."they are not what you think they are boys. they are shape shifters, of the race of rek-kar. they are deadly." then with a sudden whirl , he was out over the wall charging at the shape-shifters howling.as he did that other wizards flew out of the sky. the wizards and shape-shifters met with a defining roar.

Blog Entries

What The Love?

Quote Originally Posted by Kloke View Post
    a wizard comes on the parapet."they are not what you think they are boys. they are shape shifters, of the race of rek-kar. they are deadly." then with a sudden whirl , he was out over the wall charging at the shape-shifters howling.as he did that other wizards flew out of the sky. the wizards and shape-shifters met with a defining roar.
    Agreed. Can we roll back this to something that won't end in deus ex machina?

OK, im just grabbing it from when krystna told Jarvin about the man in the kitchen and he told Gavner and his to suck salt on the floor of some dirty old rat infested barn.

Jarvin told Krystna to enter the house through the side door and to ensure that neither she nor anyone else in the house came to disturb him and his guest. As she took off he made his way to the kitchen door. Jarvin was known to be a good man, not a clean one, but brave. There was nothing that he had done to be in fear of the marshal and his men, yet deep in him he felt it. The cold fingers of thick fear beating at his insides.

As he opened the door to the kitchen he saw his visitor standing near to the window looking out. The man was tall, taller than he by a head or more. His arms were thick muscle and his chest was wide. He wore a long black cloak over a leather jerkin, ordinary yet very clean breeches and boots. Sword at his hip. When the visitor saw Jarvin he turned his head slowly and it was only then that he noticed the gash across the right side of the man's face, from mouth to ear. It was then that realisation struck him so hard he nearly fell.

"Greetings stranger, have a seat." Jarvin said. "What brings you to my humble home at this hour?" The man did not sit but only stood there,near to the window.
    "I know you," was all the visitor said.
    "Is that so? Well I cannot say that I do the same for you," Jarvin replied. The visitor stared intently at him, small green eyes seeing deep. He said nothing and only stroked his gash.
    "He sent me for the stone,"said the visitor slowly.
    "I do not know..." Jarvin began, when suddenly the visitor threw his fist through the window. There was a loud crash as the glass shattered and splinters rained on the floor beneath them.
    "I shall play no games,"

It had been near an hour since her daughter had come telling her that Jarvin was with a guest and was not to be disturbed. She put all the children to bed and she Krystna remained awake in her room.
    "Don't worry child, i'm sure its a messnger from Uncle Tam,"
    "Mother, he was not the size of any messenger and he carried a sword,"
    "I'm sure he...did you hear that?" There was suddenly a loud crash, and from the other room she heard her baby cry out. She and Krystna burst from the room. The door to the children's room was still closed. She looked down the staircase and saw a figure standing there. She ran down the stairs, Krystna following closely behind.
    The door to the kitchen was swinging open, the window from which moonlight poured into the room was broken and a man she had never seen before stood over her husband's body with sword in hand. She dropped to her knees. Krystna screamed and sobbed. The man threw his sword down and hurried over to them. Lysa put her hands over her daughter.
    "Take me, but please leave her, i beg you,"
    "Miss, I am Gavner. Your husband let me and my companions stay in your barn tonight. A man met with him here and I came out to see him when i heard the something break. This man talked with him about a stone, then killed him. I hurt him but he managed to get away, my men and i shall find him and I promise you I will avenge your husband's death." As quickly as he said it, Gavner was through the door into the darkness of the night.

Idon'tknowwhatthatmeans. Mistress Maerad's Avatar

Exclamation please sum it up.......

Can anyone sum all this up? I mean, I know it's only 2 pages, but I find that this is all rather confusing. I'm slow.....but I'd like to post....so thanx!

Alrighty, here goes.

2 knights, brothers, are standing watch when they see a group headed they're way. It turns out to be visitors to their castle and the boys greet their aunt reluctantly. The aunt is looking for an old wizard who they were just speaking to, and they hide is whereabouts. However as a price he is telling them the secret of where their uncle truly is, which is a quest for a sun stone.
    All that with the men going to the barn and whatnot is the old wizard telling the young knights the story of their uncle's journey. (which he is still on)

Thats a basic sumary so join in

Idon'tknowwhatthatmeans. Mistress Maerad's Avatar
    Forgive me if I make a mistake.........how old is Krystna? I'm imagining her pretty old, like 17 or something.

Lysa couldn't believe it. She was in shock.....her husband, murdered.....
    Krystna felt her mother trembling. And then suddenly, the woman fainted. "Mother!" she cried, and turned quickly to see her pale face. She dragged her to a chair and shook her awake.
    "Krystna......I had the most horrible dream................"
    Krystna swallowed. "It wasn't a dream."
    Lysa looked shocked, and Krystna took the opportunity to stand up and grab a dagger. She tossed it to her mother, who fumbled with it in the air before she got a firm grip on the leather end.
    "Stay here. The dagger can keep you safe."
    "Where are you going?" Lysa said, still frightened and horrified.
    She turned, fastening ehr father's sword to her waist. "I'm going to fight, and I will avenge."
    And she turned and ran out after Gavner.

"What happened then?" asked Jayden, his eyes as wide as the eyes ofa child's half his age.
    Milter smiled, amused. "It is all about what happened then."
    Last edited by Mistress Maerad; March 1st, 2008 at 03:04 PM.